GDT: Game #6| Jan. 27, 2013|Flyers at Lightning |6:00 p.m. ET

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
anyone want to make any predictions? think we make the playoffs? think we even get five hundred? I know its early but I'm trying to take the temperature of the room.

We were looking good the two games before this. This was the second game of a back to back and we didn't have a goalie in the net.

I'm still on board, hopefully they come out strong on Tuesday.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
I really feel like this team has motivation and focus issues. they look great one game then out of sorts the next, they look horrible in one period great the next then back to bad the third. its never a solid effort for games in a row, its always game to game. furthermore why had lavy not come up with a game plan to beat Tampa yet? he needs to be more flexible and creative when the situation calls for it.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Frankly it getting to be way ridiculous how apologetic they are this year.....I understand why but it's just too blatant now. They have to be a bit more objective for the sake of credibility.

yeah its pretty sad listening to it. At some point you just have to call it as they see it. Pretty bad if Comcast cant stand anyone being brutally honest. Instead its every goal against is a perfect shot that no goalie could stop. Even worse some people are buying it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We were looking good the two games before this. This was the second game of a back to back and we didn't have a goalie in the net.

If we pick up a win vs New York on Tuesday those that aren't on board will quickly jump back on. It's an emotional roll coaster for Philly fans.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Failed PP opportunities, dumb penalties and Lavi sitting Bryz all contributed to this loss. Bryz was playing well. Leighton hadn't played a NHL game in a long time and Lavi throws him in vs Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis. Genius...

bungle

Casual Observer
Jan 20, 2006
LA
yeah its pretty sad listening to it. At some point you just have to call it as they see it. Pretty bad if Comcast cant stand anyone being brutally honest. Instead its every goal against is a perfect shot that no goalie could stop. Even worse some people are buying it.

They're so chipper throughout the game too. At least dial down the joking around while we're all watching that quality of play.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Failed PP opportunities, dumb penalties and Lavi sitting Bryz all contributed to this loss. Bryz was playing well. Leighton hadn't played a NHL game in a long time and Lavi throws him in vs Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis. Genius...

It was one of Lavi's "gut" decisions......he needs to disregard his gut and think more with his brain!

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

Agreed. Even teams like the Rangers don't play well in the second game of a back to back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Went almost the same way last Sunday did.

The strategy of waiting for Matty Weak Wrists to turn the puck over resulting soul-crushing goals didn't quite materialize, did it?

The levels the announcers went to defend Leighton at every single opportunity was bordered on insanity, and very disappointing considering Clement was involved. Not even those idiots Steigy and Errey in Pittsburgh would make so many excuses.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I really feel like this team has motivation and focus issues. they look great one game then out of sorts the next, they look horrible in one period great the next then back to bad the third. its never a solid effort for games in a row, its always game to game. furthermore why had lavy not come up with a game plan to beat Tampa yet? he needs to be more flexible and creative when the situation calls for it.

Hockey is a game to game sport. Being bad one game doesn't mean you're bad. Being good one game doesn't mean you're good. Worse teams sometimes beat bests teams. That's what makes it exciting.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
They're so chipper throughout the game too. At least dial down the joking around while we're all watching that quality of play.

I really like Jj jonsey and Clement. I know they are homers but they are my homers. al morganti just said " there is no excuse for a game like this" talking about the lack of motivation.

toughfighter83*

the rangers were good against the flyers they just choked that game, they had opportunities but they were too cute in the passing. if the flyers want to go anywhere they have to get more shots on goal blocked or not, it's the matter of trying, at some point goals will eventually come but being too cute on pp will not work, plus faceoffs are a big problem they got to work on it or bring a player in that's good on faceoffs.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
Hockey is a game to game sport. Being bad one game doesn't mean you're bad. Being good one game doesn't mean you're good. Worse teams sometimes beat bests teams. That's what makes it exciting.

I agree whole heartedly but I'm speaking of the complete lack of motivation sometimes, how they just don't look like they have the will(or even a way sometimes) to win. when we beat most teams I still watch those teams giving all they have to try and win, I don't see that with the flyers every game. it almost looks like everyone out there is waiting for someone else besides them to get something started. I don't know, I'm just aggravated at the team right now that's all.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
the rangers were good against the flyers they just choked that game, they had opportunities but they were too cute in the passing. if the flyers want to go anywhere they have to get more shots on goal blocked or not, it's the matter of trying at some point goals will eventually come but being too cute on pp will not work.

the Flyers outplayed the Rangers for most of the game. The Rangers were gassed but the Flyers deserved to win that game.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Frankly it getting to be way ridiculous how apologetic they are this year.....I understand why but it's just too blatant now. They have to be a bit more objective for the sake of credibility.

Not just this year, this started last year. I haven't had the Flyers' feed this year but last year I found JJ to be unbearable. It's like he's scared to death to say anything bad about the Flyers in case Snider is standing behind him. It's infuriating to fans who know the game, embarrassing to him and very confusing I'm sure to people who are new to the game and are trying to understand the rules.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone that wants a good laugh check out the thread about the flyers on the main board.

The poster calls out both the flyers and Tampa for being bad but then claims he didn't watch the game.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Giroux just isn't doing as well without Jagr feeding him pucks...

Only a few players on the team are doing decent. And even then, they are like a shadow of what they were last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad