GDT: Game #6 Home Opener hosting Canucks 7pm PT

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Still way early. Plus this beats “no hockey”.
Genuinely think if we suck this year fans aren't going to revolt in the first season. It's a novelty season and fans will show up regardless. Worst case if we do suck is that next year is a strong draft class.

I just get the feeling we are better than our record. We've dominated long stretches of many games but not took seized those moments and took chances or gave up appalling goals against the run of play.

Not sure if that comes together this year or next with more draft talent.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Especially when you don’t take advantage of the expansion draft and sign a bunch of mediocre players to long term contracts while praising your ability to navigate the salary cap.
Ron Francis is a complete dunce. He could have had Tarasenko instead of schawrtz. He could have drafted Domi. He could have gotten Demelo. I mean those were obvious picks lol. Not sure why he drafted AHL players that could clear waivers when he would be able to trade for several AHL players if he had more NHL players. He basically didnt take advantage of the rules and also ability to hold teams hostage by asking for picks and prospects. I mean even Benning could have drafted better

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Give them time they will find their scoring touches
Very few of these guys scored as many as 15 goals last year, most way fewer than that. The overwhelming majority of our forwards never had scoring touches to begin with. If we aren't winning games 2-1, we are going to struggle.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Absolutely unnecessary loss.

We're turning the puck over way too much, while trying the exit our zone, and get punished for it given that it's the NHL.
It was also a pretty bad penalty by Soucy that turned the game and yet another turnover which lead to Garland being alone in our zone to score their third.

The positive thing was that we at least were able to generate high danger chances(with Demko playing fantastic again), but it was also against a Canucks team that is giving up those on a regular basis.

Overall I'm a bit underwhelmed by Eberle so far and hopefully he only needs one to go in for him to step up his game.
The rest of the team tries but doesn't have the offensive talent to consistantly score the three or four goals needed to make up for all the goals we're giving up.

Genuinely think if we suck this year fans aren't going to revolt in the first season. It's a novelty season and fans will show up regardless. Worst case if we do suck is that next year is a strong draft class.

I just get the feeling we are better than our record. We've dominated long stretches of many games but not took seized those moments and took chances or gave up appalling goals against the run of play.

Not sure if that comes together this year or next with more draft talent.

Yeah, I think we're in a great spot no matter what.

If the team turns it around we're going to have fun watching them win games and if not we've got loads of trade pieces we could turn into assets at the deadline(if Francis ever does something) while having a good chance at a high draft pick in a pretty strong draft that doesn't just include Shane Wright.

Ron Francis is a complete dunce. He could have had Tarasenko instead of schawrtz. He could have drafted Domi. He could have gotten Demelo. I mean those were obvious picks lol. Not sure why he drafted AHL players that could clear waivers when he would be able to trade for several AHL players if he had more NHL players. He basically didnt take advantage of the rules and also ability to hold teams hostage by asking for picks and prospects. I mean even Benning could have drafted better

It get's pretty boring real quick hearing the same stuff over and over again.
Bringing up Tarasenko just makes you post useless cause calling Francis "a complet dunce" for not taking him also means your calling every GM the same as no one wanted the player and his contract.

Other than that we've discussed the expansion draft at length and know that there were some strange decisions from Chicago, Columbus etc.

BTW: Praising Benning, really? :laugh:

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Its called not wanting to put team into cap hell just for the sake of taking a few players.

No team wanted another vegas like start and taking a contract just for the sake of doing is how you put the team in cap hell.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I've got one question.

Was there any pre-game show(besides Leiweke talking about the arena and fans) with on ice projections? I mean like Vegas did with the Kraken being pushed back into the water etc.

I can't find anything on youtube so far.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Dang, too bad Bedard and Mitchkov are eligible for 2023.

anyway, tough loss, this team simply needs to do better but I doubt it. At this point just enjoy NHL hockey and see if the team can get together and get some better chemistry and cohesiveness going for the rest of the season and see if Francis makes some trades.

My friend told me nosebleeds were like $600 bucks? Lol yikes…

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I've got one question.

Was there any pre-game show(besides Leiweke talking about the arena and fans) with on ice projections? I mean like Vegas did with the Kraken being pushed back into the water etc.

I can't find anything on youtube so far.

This is the closest. There is 3 videos

The CEO Lieweke said there is more to come but they wanted to make the first game an event. They may have ran out of time

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I saw a video of the Canadian broadcast. The fans come across so much louder along with the goal horn and Nirvana song. I couldn't hear much on the ESPN feed, especially the song. why do they mute the fans. Fans were loud as hell at the first goal.

Non ESPN video of first goal

Last edited:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
This is the closest. There is 3 videos

The CEO Lieweke said there is more to come but they wanted to make the first game an event. They may have ran out of time

Thanks.
I hope they start using the ice for projections starting Tuesday against the Habs.

Never too early to talk about Shane Wright and linking him with Seattle Kraken

I doubt we're going to be the ones spoiling the Sabres and Coyotes race for Wright.

Though, having a top 7 - 10 pick in this years draft probably nets you a really(and I mean really) good prospect.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I saw a video of the Canadian broadcast. The fans come across so much louder along with the goal horn and Nirvana song. I couldn't hear much on the ESPN feed, especially the song. why do they mute the fans. Fans were loud as hell at the first goal.

Non ESPN video of first goal

Ive been replaying this all morning.

I cant wait for the first home playoff game goal in SEA. Its going to be electric.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Schwartz was UFA, he picked Dunn over Tarasenko. That one could go either way.

Not picking Domi though..... I've been beating that dead horse into glue :) This team could've used him.

(Note: Domi is out again with a fractured rib, unrelated to the shoulder injury.)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I doubt we're going to be the ones spoiling the Sabres and Coyotes race for Wright.
It's gonna be an absolute shame to waste such talent on a crap team like that. He's borderline generational talent, just look at the way he handles the puck. You'd think there was a string attached.

(Maybe he's more than borderline, I just haven't watched him enough to go all in yet.)

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Thanks.
I hope they start using the ice for projections starting Tuesday against the Habs.

Though, having a top 7 - 10 pick in this years draft probably nets you a really(and I mean really) good prospect.

Talk of them doing a banner for the metropolitans Stanley cup on Tuesday.
Buffalo have started well this year

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3