GDT: Game 6: Ducks vs. Wild 2/1/13 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Good God. Ryan at center, DSP in the lineup, Lydman on the bench. Puzzling moves in my opinion.

Wiesel

May 29, 2008
DSP, Vatanen and Etem in?! Great! Haven't been this excited since the season-opener. Wouldn't be surprised if the young guys won this game for us!

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
I don't quite understand why Lydman is scratched instead of Souray or Allen.
Ryan as the second line center? I don't like it

Well Ryan isn't doing much this season on the wing. Beside, I am sure if it doesn't work, BB will mix things up again and move Bonino back up to the second line after the 1st period.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Quick points since I'm coming in late.

When you post Bald Cpt the image of Star Trek: TNG's Picard runs through my head. heh

But only Voyager had the hockey holosuite program.

Hockey_injuries.jpg

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
DSP, Vatanen and Etem in?! Great! Haven't been this excited since the season-opener. Wouldn't be surprised if the young guys won this game for us!

For me, excited would mean I have no idea what to expect tonight type of excitement. I would be surprised if one of the youngings won us the game because all this juggling makes it a little bit difficult to develop chemistry. Consistency lends to a calculated evaluation. A little tinkering is always expected. Injury replacements are also expected. Line juggling to line juggle just to push rookies could mean our veterans suck that bad.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Relax.

I don't mind trying Ryan at center, I never thought he was bad in his first stint. But I'd preferred to give Rakell a shot first.

Vatanen needs a look so Lydman sits, no big deal. If Vatanen performs well for more than one game, Lydman will be the one on the trading block.

Edit: I'd also play 7 D, and scratch DSP.

I'm actually excited for tonight's lineup, I can't wait to see how Vatanen looks, and I still think Ryan has huge potential at center.

Anyone else feel the same?
actually yeah i do...i think with sammy, if you pull allen it jacks up the pairings unless you want to go lydman/fowler souray/beach sbisa/vatz, otherwise you change just about every pairing and i would much rather souray in...w/bobby i have always felt he should be a C (or maybe just we need him to be) but i think he can do it, and also teemu can take all the draws...he does the same thing on every F/O but it freaking works

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
no rakell :(, hopefully they are just saving him for the back end of the b2b
i think it sucks too but IMO i want palmi/ryan playing together...i think rakell will get a look at 2C before being sent back (if he is sent back, its going to be a very hard decision).

paine

Jun 4, 2007
First beer of the night, I can't wait for this game to start. The poster with a man crush on Vatanen has me excited to see him live. :sarcasm:

Jul 22, 2012
Relax.

I don't mind trying Ryan at center, I never thought he was bad in his first stint. But I'd preferred to give Rakell a shot first.

Vatanen needs a look so Lydman sits, no big deal. If Vatanen performs well for more than one game, Lydman will be the one on the trading block.

Edit: I'd also play 7 D, and scratch DSP.

I'm actually excited for tonight's lineup, I can't wait to see how Vatanen looks, and I still think Ryan has huge potential at center.

Anyone else feel the same?

Agreed. The only thing I'd change is that I'd play Lydman and scratch Souray instead and give Vatanen his PP time.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
no rakell :(, hopefully they are just saving him for the back end of the b2b

First time someone mentioned this. Everyone is so worked up about who's in tonight, when we play less than 24 hours later. We need some fresh legs for tomorrows game, and maybe Lydman and Rakell match up better against the queens than against the wild in BB's mind.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What the hell are these lines...

The message seems to be, perform well, play a good game, throw it into the dryer, see what flies out. More DSP, diarrhea already. Rakell was great against the Sharks.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
In honor of one of our longstanding favorite prospects having his first game tonight, I thought I'd take a break from ghosting the forums and actually post. Sami is my favorite Ducks prospect and has been since he was drafted. His attitude, his work ethic, his love of the Ducks, and his great potential despite his small(ish) stature have endeared him to most of us here the past few years. Tonight he gets to play his first game in the NHL alongside two of the Finnish greats. Seeing him finally suit up for our team is going to be a treat tonight regardless of how he performs.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Has anyone noticed that the Ducks are #2 in shots against? Sadly they're 2nd to last in shots for, but at least they're on the positive side.

Corey Perry*

I can understand why they put DSP out there instead of Rakell. With Minnesota having Clutterbuck, they probably prefer throwing out a bit "beefier" lineup, to match Minny.

Corey Perry*

Has anyone noticed that the Ducks are #2 in shots against? Sadly they're 2nd to last in shots for, but at least they're on the positive side.

Well, they did limit San Jose to 20 shots, which is at least moving in the right direction.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I can understand why they put DSP out there instead of Rakell. With Minnesota having Clutterbuck, they probably prefer throwing out a bit "beefier" lineup, to match Minny.

Would make more sense against the Kings. Minnesota just isn't very physically intimidating up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad