GDT: Game 6 | Dallas Stars vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D+ (HD)

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Right. It may have happened, but IIRC Filppula's use on the wing is a recent even that started in 2010.

Haha. I believe the year he scored 19 goals he played for a stretch of games with Datsyuk and had great success.

Obviously I'm not the only one who remembers.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Then find out when exactly he was on Datsyuk's wing and scored 9 goals in 10 games and then was demoted. I've gone through the Game Logs of every season since Datsyuk and Zetterberg were regularly split up. It. Has. Not. Happened.

Trust me, it has happened. Maybe you weren't watching hockey when it did?

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
<aybe it wasn't 07-08... There was a year in there somewhere where he played on Datsyuk's wing for a while, anyway.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Maybe not exactly 9 goals in 10 games(which is why I said about), but I specifically remember Filppula getting time on Datsyuk's wing and having success, but not for more than around 10 games.

Your shtick is getting rather annoying regardless.

It wasn't even close. Not in terms of goals. Points? Yes. He actually did have a streak where he had 9 points in 10 games. That, however, was when Datsyuk was out with a broken wrist (thanks Sammy...) But not 9 goals in 10 games. But what you did was make an extraordinary claim meant at bashing Babcock that wasn't remotely true. I'm sorry you don't like my shtick. If you're going to make up BS, I'll call you on that BS.

Aug 6, 2012
It wasn't even close. Not in terms of goals. Points? Yes. He actually did have a streak where he had 9 points in 10 games. That, however, was when Datsyuk was out with a broken wrist (thanks Sammy...) But not 9 goals in 10 games. But what you did was make an extraordinary claim meant at bashing Babcock that wasn't remotely true. I'm sorry you don't like my shtick. If you're going to make up BS, I'll call you on that BS.

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010

Well your Red Wings knowledge is slim. So, I'm not too worried. There were two or three other people who remembered Filppula having success on Datsyuk's wing, and I even got it right where he did score 9 goals in 10 games(was only like 6 years ago, what a bum I am).

Obviously, I'm not making up BS, based off those two factors, so you can keep going against the grain and defending the team to the death, but sorry, you're not calling me out on BS because I'm not saying BS.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Well your Red Wings knowledge is slim. So, I'm not too worried. There were two or three other people who remembered Filppula having success on Datsyuk's wing, and I even got it right where he did score 9 goals in 10 games(was only like 6 years ago, what a bum I am).

Obviously, I'm not making up BS, based off those two factors, so you can keep going against the grain and defending the team to the death, but sorry, you're not calling me out on BS because I'm not saying BS.

Yes... Six years ago... When Fil was still playing Center... When nobody really had a problem with the organization... You got one point right that I wasn't contending. Everything else was off base.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Haha. I believe the year he scored 19 goals he played for a stretch of games with Datsyuk and had great success.

Obviously I'm not the only one who remembers.

He had a great stretch that year but it wasn't the product of playing with Datsyuk.

They combined on only 6 even strength goals all that season and none during Flip's hot streak. At even strength during that period he was playing with mostly Hudler and Samuellsson.

2007-2008 Valtteri Filppula Scoring Log

In fact going through his scoring log for his entire career there doesn't appear to be any consistent stretch where Datsyuk was contributing to Flips point totals. They've been centering different lines for pretty much Flips entire career.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad