GDT: Game 6 | Dallas Stars vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D+ (HD)

RedWingsNow*

Toucan Sam keeps scoring. But it doesn't feel legit.

Give a guy the kind of icetime with the kind of linemates he's had, and he's gonna score some goals.

Anyone wonder about the lines?
Brunner 25 shots
Zetterberg 25 shots
Franzen 18 shots
-----------------
Filppula 15 shots
Datsyuk 12 shots
Bertuzzi 14 shots (prorated)

Three guys who shoot from anywhere
vs
Three guys who don't shoot

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
He's also "nose face killa"

Can't believe I forgot about Brunner's run with Wu-Tang Clan back in the mid-90's, before that whole hockey thing took off for him. He was epic on Protect Ya Neck - little known trivia here- he originally wrote the song as Protect Ya Nose, but the group went with Neck instead.

Nose face killa is pretty awesome- I can get on board with that along with TNP.

I just think there is something better out there.

Marchand has a shark fin for a nose and he is the little ball of hate.

Did Ray Ferraro sign off on Marchand being called the little ball of hate? I'd go with "Lil' Dirty B*stard" for him.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Brunner just keeps on impressing. His skating, his forecheck, his ability to take the puck in flight and try to pick the corners. He definitely looks like a goal scorer during this early part of the season.

I think the Franzen - Z - Brunner line is working especially well, Datsyuk's line was also very good at times yesterday. I think that playing with Datsyuk will force Filppula to shoot more which is what we need. If we put him back with Z he'll go back to pass first. We need guys who shoot the puck.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Give a guy the kind of icetime with the kind of linemates he's had, and he's gonna score some goals.

I think he's legit. He gets to the open areas where he can get his shot off, and knows that D or Z can get him the puck.

You can use the same "he plays with great linemates" argument on any winger who plays with a good center. Someone's gotta get those guys the puck, but he also has to know where to go and be able to bury chances. So far, so good for the Nose.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005

Brunner 25 shots
Zetterberg 25 shots
Franzen 18 shots
-----------------
Filppula 15 shots
Datsyuk 12 shots

vs
would need to separate PP vs ES

bertuzzi and filppula are not on 1st PP, but others are. other players have also been feeding brunner for shots on PP.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Can't believe I forgot about Brunner's run with Wu-Tang Clan back in the mid-90's, before that whole hockey thing took off for him. He was epic on Protect Ya Neck - little known trivia here- he originally wrote the song as Protect Ya Nose, but the group went with Neck instead.

Nose face killa is pretty awesome- I can get on board with that along with TNP.

Did Ray Ferraro sign off on Marchand being called the little ball of hate? I'd go with "Lil' Dirty B*stard" for him.

:laugh: Nose face killa is already taken by Brad Marchand.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
:laugh: Nose face killa is already taken by Brad Marchand.

DAMMIT!!!:rant::rant::rant: Really pissed that it's off the board- and it's better than little ball of hate, too. Oh well, there's enough creativity, sarcasm and alcohol flowing thru this board for someone to come up with another winner for Brunner.

Guess we just have to keep our Nose to the grindstone. :thumbu:

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010

Brunner 25 shots
Zetterberg 25 shots
Franzen 18 shots
-----------------
Filppula 15 shots
Datsyuk 12 shots

vs

It's only 6 games in. Both units have 6 goals unless I'm mistaken.

They thing is, with Zetterberg's line, their goals will probably come in bunches more than Datsyuk's line, but Datsyuk's will just be more consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad