GDT: Game #6: Coyotes @ Kings | 7:30pm (AZ) | Scripps | Tales From The Crypt(o.com) Edition

Will Cooley get his first goal tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The teams in the league do not drink nearly enough beers on the bench to call it a traditional 'Beer League'

Reminds me of an incident when I was officiating a rec league game. It's technically against the rules to have alcohol on the bench. One game, a player asked me if I would call him for having booze on the bench. Instead of being a jerk about it, I just told him, "Remember, I can only call what I can see." I then skated away.

That bench reeked of booze all game and they lost 11-4.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Reminds me of our university.
Its not allowed for us to have alcohol on the premices. Even in the room of our association.

But whenever we meet for our bi-weekly DnD rounds, i get my 1l bottle and mix white wine and sparkling water (70/30) and take it with me. Never had a problem, even though they check up on us (Security) and the head honchos of the association forbid it too.
And last week out DM said to me after the session: "In the beginning you were really tense and annoyed. But you got better during the session and became so much more relaxed, it was really great."
I did not tell him about the bewerage i was drinking that made me "relaxed". And i was tipsy when biking home. But the bewerage was needed. We had a rule-lawyer at our table and he was loud and annoying. Correcting the DM, proposing the players to do certain things, etc. Was really annoying and i am so happy that that is over. The wine was neccessary for it to work out.

And yeah the university does not want us to bring alcohol.
But then again the store on the campus is selling wine and beer and the same goes for the restaurant.
And when the university has an event, they sell beer too. Therefor i don't give a flying turd about them rules.

@Summer Rose
Relationship goals.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I'll be at the game tonight pulling for the Coyotes. Unfortunately all off my Coyote jerseys are back in AZ, so I'll be repping the Yotes in an Islanders jersey.

Big early test. The Kings are one of the early favorites in the Western Division. I think we'll get a good sense of how good the Coyotes are tonight. You can't judge much on the east coast swing and I don't think the Blues are very good.

SIde note I paid $39.81 for Premier Seats (section PRO6). It appears the Crypto Arena will be half empty tonight.
GO YOTES!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'll be at the game tonight pulling for the Coyotes. Unfortunately all off my Coyote jerseys are back in AZ, so I'll be repping the Yotes in an Islanders jersey.

Big early test. The Kings are one of the early favorites in the Western Division. I think we'll get a good sense of how good the Coyotes are tonight. You can't judge much on the east coast swing and I don't think the Blues are very good.

SIde note I paid $39.81 for Premier Seats (section PRO6). It appears the Crypto Arena will be half empty tonight.
GO YOTES!

So you're one of those people who wears a jersey of a team not even playing in the game! :P

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
So you're one of those people who wears a jersey of a team not even playing in the game! :P
I was actually called out last year when I went to a Coyotes - Kings game wearing my Islanders jersey. They projected me up on the digital screen with the caption "LOST FAN" (since I wasn't wearing a jersey from either team playing that night). In between periods I had people coming up to me saying NY is 2500 miles that way.

When I go to Mullet I wear my Coyotes colors. I have the white howling coyote head and the burnt orange alternate. I had in personalized with my last name. By doing that, I don't have to worry about being traded.

Attachments

• Leonidas_Front.jpg
    Leonidas_Front.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Leonidas_Back.jpg
    Leonidas_Back.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 4

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I was actually called out last year when I went to a Coyotes - Kings game wearing my Islanders jersey. They projected me up on the digital screen with the caption "LOST FAN" (since I wasn't wearing a jersey from either team playing that night). In between periods I had people coming up to me saying NY is 2500 miles that way.

When I go to Mullet I wear my Coyotes colors. I have the white howling coyote head and the burnt orange alternate. I had in personalized with my last name. By doing that, I don't have to worry about being traded.
Smart. That’s how I would do it if I got a jersey. A while back I heard a conversation somewhere and someone was asking “do you think it’s weird that you’re a grown man and you’re wearing a shirt with another grown man’s name on it?” Kind of made me think…”ya know, that is a little weird haha.”

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

You say that until Bill trades you away. Lol

Reactions: LAIslanderFan

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Smart. That’s how I would do it if I got a jersey. A while back I heard a conversation somewhere and someone was asking “do you think it’s weird that you’re a grown man and you’re wearing a shirt with another grown man’s name on it?” Kind of made me think…”ya know, that is a little weird haha.”
That may have been me. I was at an Islanders game many years ago, and I always get to the game early to watch warmups down by the ice. There was a guy in his 50's with a Matt Martin jersey. Matt Martin was probably 24-25 years old at the time. This older guy calls out to Martin, "hey Matt, look", pointing to the jersey name and number, and it looked to me like Matt Martin was a bit creeped out by this older guy having a fan crush on him. Creeped out might be too strong a word, but he definitely looked uncomfortable. I get it when kids look up to these players, as idols, adults not so much. I think if I was to get a jersey with a players name on it, it would be someone closer to my generation, like Shane Doan. I would feel silly wearing a 19 year old's jersey like Logan Cooley at my age.

Reactions: Foggy1097

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So I'm watching the pre game on Ballys and it shows the game coming next but as it gets to 7:30 poker comes on?? Any suggestions on where I can find this game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad