GDT: Game #6: Coyotes @ Kings | 7:30pm (AZ) | Scripps | Tales From The Crypt(o.com) Edition

Will Cooley get his first goal tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I didn’t mind Boyd last night. Got an assist. Had some hustle. Seemed to be playing like he didn’t want to be scratched again.

Carcone is still kind of blah to me. I’d scratch him in place of Jenik.

We still have a secondary group of players who are not providing. I’m looking at Kerfoot, Crouse, Moser. At least Hayton is getting decent looks.

Cooley needs to get some shots. Only 5 shots in 6 games.

I assume we go back to Veggie next game.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I didn’t mind Boyd last night. Got an assist. Had some hustle. Seemed to be playing like he didn’t want to be scratched again.

We still have a secondary group of players who are not providing. I’m looking at Kerfoot, Crouse, Moser. At least Hayton is getting decent looks.

I agree with all of that. Though, I think Carcone was playing really well for a couple of games before the Gudas hit. Maybe he needs to sit a game to recuperate.

Kerfoot has been really strong on FOs and McBain has been really struggling. Wouldn’t mind seeing Kerfoot playing with McBain and LOB and taking McBain’s draws for him.

Moser and Crouse are definitely the VERY early disappointments, thus far. Only six games, but I’d love to see both wake up and return to form.

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse
Jenik-Bjugstad-Boyd/Carcone
LOB-McBain-Kerfoot(FOs)
Carcone/Boyd

^ Maybe getting Crouse back with Maccelli gets him back in his groove?

I miss Zucker so much already. :(

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Missed the first two periods but caught the third. Thought Crouse looked pretty involved when he was out there, agree with RT that I'd like to see him back with Maccelli.

What happened to the shoot the puck mentality we had the last couple of games? Seemed like they were hesitant to just throw things on net last night, especially late in the game. It looked like they were trying to set up the perfect play last night for a goal, when the best scoring opportunity was a simple wrister on net with presence out front for a tip.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Normally I'd agree, but since the dark cloud of relocation is still hovering above the Coyotes head, I've forced myself to watch more D-Backs and Suns. If the hammer drops, I'm not going into the next season as a newbie.

I always root for the local team, no matter what. I go to the games as often as I can, but since the move to Mullett I've invested in the other valley teams.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
After the Diamondbacks game, I was quite spent. The Coyotes being down 3-1 at the time gave me little reason to want to continue staying up so I went to bed.

I see I missed probably nothing interesting.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would happily trade a DBacks World Series win for a single point in the standings for the Yotes. No hesitation.
You would be in the minority. As a sports fan, I appreciate success and how hard it is to get to finals, in any sport.

Reactions: Fyreman

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Its clear this team has more skilled forwards then we have had in 10+ years. I think we will generate goals even strength and the PP has great movement and production. Our problems are on D mostly D men, but some forwards too aren't being responsible. I am hoping our coach gets it cleaned up.
Worst defensive game of the season and it’s not even close.

I felt like Cooley passed on two opportunities too shoot and went high risk passes instead.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I had both going... DBacks on the TV and the Coyotes on my iPad (using Cox
s Contour app).
My OTA sound doesn’t go through my AV receiver, so I watched the Yotes and listened to Diamondbacks over the receiver, worked out well.

Screwed the pooch with defensive stupidity in this one. Take away the mistakes and it’s a game.

rt

May 13, 2004
Baseball? Isn't that the sport where the players wear pajamas?
Makes it even more impressive that most of them can somehow manage not to fall completely asleep for any extended period of time during those games.

Shame on you. That single point could lead to a less than desirable draft spot at season's end.
True. Now this is how I become conflicted.

Reactions: Schemp

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Baseball? Isn't that the sport where the players wear pajamas?
You guys can laugh and maybe not follow sports, but to be an athelite having the god given talent to play a "game" is a miracle. It all looks so easy watching on TV sitting on our lazy boy yelling at them for not making a play, but in reality it's one of the hardest careers a person can have. LOB is my whipping boy this year, but you know what, he is playing in the NHL, we aren't. He has more hockey talent than anyone on this board. I have to take a bow to all players of any sport, because they are doing something so few can. That alone should make everyone a fan.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't even know if you like hockey, per se, but rather the potential of hockey, considering your incredible volume of theoretical trade proposals and addiction to prospect-watching and -projecting... :D
Non-NHL hockey is still hockey. Haha. I’d watch the Quebec Peewee Tournament if they televised it.

You guys can laugh and maybe not follow sports, but to be an athelite having the god given talent to play a "game" is a miracle. It all looks so easy watching on TV sitting on our lazy boy yelling at them for not making a play, but in reality it's one of the hardest careers a person can have. LOB is my whipping boy this year, but you know what, he is playing in the NHL, we aren't. He has more hockey talent than anyone on this board. I have to take a bow to all players of any sport, because they are doing something so few can. That alone should make everyone a fan.
I know it’s beside the point but I’ve been impressed with how much better LOB has been this season.

I’m aware baseball is incredibly difficult and to be an elite baseball player is special. I just don’t care about it. I hope everyone gets everything they want out of baseball. I hope the DBacks and the Rangers win and that everyone is happy and all the players on both teams winMVP. :)

rt

May 13, 2004
But I’m a weird guy. I don’t watch any tv shows or movies. I don’t play any video games. I don’t even intentionally listen to music. The only media I watch is hockey media. The only media I listen to is audible (literary fiction only) or hockey podcasts. I’m just a weirdo. So my opinions on stuff like baseball or Taylor swift should be thrown right into the trash and not considered by anyone ever. :)

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad