Elliott
Pickard

Inactive
Folin, Knight

Injured
Neuvirth, Patrick, Van Riemsdyk

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
So Bjorkstrand scores a goal that maybe 3 other guys on the team can do and he stays on the 4th line? Also having seen a fair amount of Cleveland games, Kukan can play, and is better than Harrington. Finally if you play Sonny 5 minutes a night, you may as well toss him on the press box and put Hanni in. At least he can do some PK time.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Let's hope this time off was used wisely to make the necessary corrections and adjustments to the defense that were obviously needed after the Florida and Tampa performances.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So Bjorkstrand scores a goal that maybe 3 other guys on the team can do and he stays on the 4th line? Also having seen a fair amount of Cleveland games, Kukan can play, and is better than Harrington. Finally if you play Sonny 5 minutes a night, you may as well toss him on the press box and put Hanni in. At least he can do some PK time.
Why should you be surprised , this is Torts coaching . Can’t believe we extended him for 2 years . Atleast Seattle has a franchise coming , they will select Bjork or Milano , and they will become a stud first line winger :naughty:. But atleast captain Nick will get his 20 minutes plus , and Wennberg his 17(can we change his nickname from Pooh to Casper the friendly ghost . In all seriousness , I saw Torts press conference the other day , such a load of crap. “I need to find time for Bjork and Milano”... how about actually rolling your 4 lines , which is a strength of your team . It’s not that hard . He comes off as a micromanager , “I need to get this player going, and this player “. They are pros , how about you stick with a lineup , and let them get ice time before you jumble it all up 10 shifts in . That’s my rant for the day , sorry :help:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Should be a wild one. Philly scores a lot of goals and gives them up in bunches too. Those are some significant injuries for the Flyers. Scary offense once Van Riemsdyk and Patrick are healthy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll join the pile-on about Torts messing up the minutes. Not for putting Bjorkstrand on the 4th line (which of our RWs do you think he should be ahead of?) - but for not using our deep bench. The Jackets 4th line plays so little compared to a lot of other 4th lines, and they're better than a lot of them. I'm also starting to wonder if the Jackets inconsistency is related to the short bench.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'll join the pile-on about Torts messing up the minutes. Not for putting Bjorkstrand on the 4th line (which of our RWs do you think he should be ahead of?) - but for not using our deep bench. The Jackets 4th line plays so little compared to a lot of other 4th lines, and they're better than a lot of them. I'm also starting to wonder if the Jackets inconsistency is related to the short bench.
Short bench personally cost is the playoffs . No way around it , team was skated into ground . Can’t have this type of coaching with youngest team in league . Plus it makes no common sense . If we stick with what we have , we know the ceiling ... imagine how much better the team is if Bjorkstrand takes next step, and Milano takes next step , then you have a much better team, assuming he actually plays them .

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Well the hole in the lineup again is Center. Wennberg is what he is, but Nash is looking like a 4th liner, and Sedlak is looking like an AHLer. Neither look like they can do much on the scoring side. So why not try moving Jenner in the 3C at least for a few games and have one of Anderson or Bjorkstrand play the off wing side.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Well the hole in the lineup again is Center. Wennberg is what he is, but Nash is looking like a 4th liner, and Sedlak is looking like an AHLer. Neither look like they can do much on the scoring side. So why not try moving Jenner in the 3C at least for a few games and have one of Anderson or Bjorkstrand play the off wing side.
We know that Nash didn’t forget how to play hockey... he was able to play on Boston’s first line at times , and easily a good fill in for what we are getting from the position on the second line . Perhaps adjusting to a new team , lack of playing time , and jumbled lines are affecting his play ?

Reactions: CBJFan827

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
We know that Nash didn’t forget how to play hockey... he was able to play on Boston’s first line at times , and easily a good fill in for what we are getting from the position on the second line . Perhaps adjusting to a new team , lack of playing time , and jumbled lines are affecting his play ?

He probably is OK, but I could have been productive on Boston's first line last year.

Well, maybe 25 years ago.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Nash and Sedlak have both been fine, not good offensively but they're not costing us goals against either. We need to roll four lines and that means we need to play them (or call up Stenlund).

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Was a long week with no hockey so soon after we finally got it back! Really hoping we don't disappoint tonight and come out with some energy. Hope we get a strong performance out of more than just a single line tonight! A strong team needs more than one threat a night.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
We’re 11-0-1 in our last 12 games at home against Philly.

Woah.

Go Jackets.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Agreed. Five games... we need some patience, as does Torts.

CBJ 5-1 winners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad