GDT: Game 6: Columbus at San Jose | 10/23 10:30PM EDT

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
not looking forward to this one at all....but hey, it's been 4 days without the CBJ so i'll be staying up for it

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
A little surprised Coach Richards seems to have no hesitation putting Wennberg in at center this early against such tough competition on the road.
Like I keep saying some players need to play against the best player's to get to the next level *cough*Johansen*cough*
Refreshing to try to push talented youngsters to be at their best.

Watching TMac in San Jose keep their young players on the bench and playing old crappy players like John Scott, Hannan, Burish is so frustrating. Let the young players force the staff to make tough decisions.
That's how I see it. Richards knows Wennberg better then anyone at this point. He's obviously has faith in him and wants to keep pushing him by putting him out there in all different scenarios to see how he can handle it. He must be working hard in practice and impressing him otherwise I don't think he'd be seeing the ice time he is

HCTR benching Prout for Goloubef? I like it
came here to say that! Hopefully Golo can prove himself and stick around. This will be the first time really get to watch him.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
4-0 maybe (4-2) depending on Jack
Hartnell with his first of 25

I'm counting on San Jose to come out slow and not get back into it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
not looking forward to this one at all....but hey, it's been 4 days without the CBJ so i'll be staying up for it

Signs you may have a hockey problem.

If you go an extended period of time without it and then are craving a game so bad you'll even mess up your sleep schedule for one that's likely going to be ugly and dirty.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The Wennberg move makes perfect sense to me. Wennberg is a natural center - an excellent passer and playmaker. He doesn't appear to be a winger, shooter or finisher. You don't want him playing against their first line. And we have Joey pivoting our first line. So second line center it is.

Praise to HCTR on swapping Golo for Prout and seeing the same thing we saw.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Signs you may have a hockey problem.

If you go an extended period of time without it and then are craving a game so bad you'll even mess up your sleep schedule for one that's likely going to be ugly and dirty.

But if the game lasts more than four hours, call your doctor immediately. ;)

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The San Jose boys GMT is not an elaborate as usual, but still funny. It's the "San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings Farm Team" :laugh:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Gonna be bad either way for me: Stay up and watch a win---feel it at work tomorrow. Get butt kicked early and go to bed---go to bed pissed.

But another day without hockey is not an option!
Go Jackets! Curious if Wennberg looks any different or more controlling at C

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We could get our butts kicked tonite and Wennberg could get completely dominated on face offs. I do not feel good about this one. Hopefully I am wrong.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Sharks announcer just mentioned key injuries to the Jackets and signaled out Milano.

Wouldn't kill the guy to do some research?

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
Bob goes down in the butterfly a little too early for my liking. I noticed he got beat like that a few games ago too (Benn's goal I think)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad