Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Coincidence? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Got myself a Hossa jersey tonight. I like to think it brought some luck to tonight's game. :)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Toews finally beat a goalie..in the phoney shoot out..but still Zero goals in 18 regulation and an OT period.

How many times did I hear the CBC play by play or analyst side-kick say something like. .."Toews couldn't quite"...you know...make the pass. .or settle it on his stick..or get the shot off...you ca.nnot be so incompetent to be a star and score and ea.rn your high paycheck.Not bad puck luck..but wanting skill?I know..it is made up by Panik who nobody expected to be on an 82 goal pace after 6 GP...but still ..imagine IF Toews were contributing goals?
Surely we would be a better more confident team if the leader were producing.He has had good chances but "couldn't quite"...you know.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not too disappointed with the season so far at 3-3 BUT the team needs to focus on player team D the way they have over the past 6 years.

They need to tighten things up and once they do that I like what I see as long as Crow also becomes what we know he can be...

I like what I see from the kids, motte, forsling, hartman and for the love of god get schmaltz up with Panik and toews........

Hinostroza does not belong ship him to the rock and bring up macniel/fortin...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Campbell finished +4 ...I thought he led us to that 2 goals late in the 3rd to come back and tie it..nice to see some want and leadership from a vet!

Can you believe our 2 biggest stars coukd only muster 1 shot on goal each? No wonder after 6 games we find 1 goal (to kane) among our 2 $10.5 guys combined...at some point both have to start filling the net ...I know.. Panik is doing a lot better than everyone expected filling the net ..but still for a combined $21 million cap we EXPECT difference-maker goals from Kane and Toews.

NOW if both go on goal scoring tears in the same games during a streak of weeks then if tge other guys keep pitching in as they have we OUGHT to win games by some cushion...you would think..Question is...when will Kane and Toews start beating goalies to get on their normal expectation pace for goals in a season? 6 games ..1 goal from them combined (at least Kane still piling assists)...but stats get paid to score Goals

Goals lift teams especially when led by the team stars..

IF Panik becomes tge goal star after 82 and tge other 2 are way way below goal production normalcy ..then Panik asks for the moon..and he gone ..due to cap..So we really need goals from the Already on cap for a long time guys.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Best part of being at the game? A load of Leafs fans congregated around my area to celebrate the win with about four to go.

trololololo

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Nice to get a win but man the pp failed us. I had the Cubs game on and muted and the Hawks game tuned in on radio with John & Troy.

Troy was really ticked off and disappointed during the first Hawk pp in ot and said Seabs was simply too far back during that pp when he was on the ice and that it has to be corrected in order for more success.

Oh well 2 points is 2 points, on to the next one. It was hard paying that much attention while watching the Cubbies make history but it seemed like i hardly heard John W. mention Kane's name.....did he take the night off?

Again it seems this team has so much trouble covering the opposition in front of Crow or Darling. Just wondering what you guys thought of Nylander or Matthews?

Go Cubs!

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hello fans of the blackhawks. I come bearing a question about Motte. Lots of new faces on this Hawks team. I am interested in acquiring Motte for my points only pool. He's looked great in the 3 hawks games I've managed to catch thus far. My questions are:

Has he secured a spot on the Hawks team and is set to play the whole 82 games?
What is your expectation for his points total this year if he plays 82 games?

thanks

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Toews is morphing into Jason Heyward. Great defense. Scoring below the Mendoza line.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Hello fans of the blackhawks. I come bearing a question about Motte. Lots of new faces on this Hawks team. I am interested in acquiring Motte for my points only pool. He's looked great in the 3 hawks games I've managed to catch thus far. My questions are:

Has he secured a spot on the Hawks team and is set to play the whole 82 games?
What is your expectation for his points total this year if he plays 82 games?

thanks

yup you can be assured that Motte is with the big club this season, where he ends up playing for the year is another question. He is contributing offensively and he is already trusted by Q IMO cause he is a good two way player and is getting around 15 minutes/ game in many situations and for a rookie under Q that is a good sign.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
yup you can be assured that Motte is with the big club this season, where he ends up playing for the year is another question. He is contributing offensively and he is already trusted by Q IMO cause he is a good two way player and is getting around 15 minutes/ game in many situations and for a rookie under Q that is a good sign.

thanks for responding. This is a deep pool so I think Motte will be great!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Watch the game. Darling was not bad at stopping the puck but he was brutal at playing it.

Rebound control was not great.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
thanks for responding. This is a deep pool so I think Motte will be great!

no worries...I think motte is going to be a great two way player that can chip in 15-20 goals and about 20-25 assists but that could go up depending on how he develops.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Toews is morphing into Jason Heyward. Great defense. Scoring below the Mendoza line.

Look ... Toews needs to start producing tangibly, but he's not even close to Heyward. Toews is creating chances for his linemates and himself. He just can't finish. Once he does, he'll relax and a bunch will go in.

I have high hopes for the Panik - Toews - Motte line. It will take time, but it should be highly effective by the end of the year. If you want to rip on Toews' contract, go ahead. That's perfectly understandable. As for Toews' play, he needs to start producing ... but he's been far better than last year. Think Rizzo when he was struggling in the playoffs. Maybe Toews should borrow Hino's stick.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't know what to think of this game. We still have a long way to go, but there is hope. It looks like we got some youngsters with good upside, but there are going to be some growing pains. When the Panarin - AA - Kane line is ticking, the Hawks can beat anybody. Hopefully, the Panik - TT - Motte line will be that other top 6 line.

Otherwise, I think Schmaltz will ultimately center Hossa and Hartman. This line could be a strong 3rd line in the near future. Schmaltz just needs to be more aggressive. Stop looking to pass all the time. Shoot the DAMN puck! He has Kane's Disease when he first started in the NHL.

When Desi comes back, I think he'll team with Kruger again. Moose should work well with them. If not, there must be someone in the minors or trade for.

I will not speak of the Dumpster Fire.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Zuzu Bailey: Look, Daddy. Pat Foley says, 'every time a ref raises his arm, a Blackhawks' opponent scores a goal.'

George Bailey: That's right, that's right. [Looks to Hawks bench] Attaboy, Kitchen.

tumblr_o9spexNkjl1r2aoj8o1_500.jpg

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Reading through this thread I am reminded why I barely post on this board anymore.

It's rather pathetic to see some posters with an obvious agenda and who nit pick to support it.

Leafs are an up and coming team and deserve credit for giving Hawks all they could handle. Once again the PK was awful and almost cost Chicago another 2 points.

But it's October. The team is playing with many new faces and/or rookies. Let's take the 2 points and move on.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Look ... Toews needs to start producing tangibly, but he's not even close to Heyward. Toews is creating chances for his linemates and himself. He just can't finish. Once he does, he'll relax and a bunch will go in.
Im giving him the business and he deserves it, especially at his pay grade. If he was making his former salary, he gets a pass but he isnt. That said, he a notorious slow starter scoring wise.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's rather pathetic to see some posters with an obvious agenda and who nit pick to support it.

Leafs are an up and coming team and deserve credit for giving Hawks all they could handle. Once again the PK was awful and almost cost Chicago another 2 points.

But it's October. The team is playing with many new faces and/or rookies. Let's take the 2 points and move on.

We were 1/2 on the Penalty Kill. 50% ... it bettered our season average. So technically, our PK was good yesterday. Sad but true.

I have an agenda. It's to rid Chicago of TERRIBLE PK play.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Im giving him the business and he deserves it, especially at his pay grade. If he was making his former salary, he gets a pass but he isnt. That said, he a notorious slow starter scoring wise.

Relative to his pay grade (in a salary cap world), I can't say he doesn't deserve criticism. If you accept the cash, you accept the pressure that comes with it. But to say Toews "sucks" on an absolute basis would be a gross exaggeration. He "sucks" relative to his pay grade ... that's more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad