Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Welp, I f***ing cried. I was in New York for work and missed the first period at a work event. Found seemingly the only bar in Brooklyn that had a TV and of course it was Polish so the bartender didn't really understand what I wanted when I said, "can you please put on the Caps game?" She looked to a guy sitting at the bar who pulled out a mother f***ing newspaper to check the TV listings (!) and said, "ah, oh, yas, you mean da 'ockey game, yes, good."

Ate pierogis and drank vodka until I was going to puke. Jumped into a random stranger's arms when Kuzy's goal went in then had to go outside to compose myself.

Holy. f***ing. Shit. They did it. On to Tampa!

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

I live near his parents store. When he and the Caps went to the finals it was decorated - totally covered in Caps and Olie the Goalie gear. They are very nice people. Very welcoming to everyone.

union_bay_market_01_640.jpg

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Nashville pushes it to a 7 game..cant help but wonder where Wash would have been and will be had they not traded Forsberg and where would Nash be without him

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Tough to say. Got GMGM fired anyway and Las Vegas in now in the WCF.
Caps in the ECF. Nashville looks favoured to be in the WCF.

Weird how things work out.

Yip weird, but i dont think nash would even close to the WCF.thats how valuable he is for NASH .if nash goes to SCF and Wash goes to SCF...i cant see NASH beat WASH..

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
I don't get why I care, I don't get why I do this. This isn't fun, my stomach is in knots expecting every shot to go in from the men in black. I want to believe so badly....

Which is why I couldn't watch, well, that and my 23 month old watching "The Good Dinosaur," for the 39th time. Plus I think I'm bad luck which is torture. For instance, on Saturday Night my fiancé said I should put the game on, I wouldn't, so she put it on, and literally five seconds or so later we scored the fourth goal in that 6-3 game. Tonight, I turn the game on on my laptop, to watch while I make dinner and literally the first thing I see is Letang's face off goal after it loads, live.

Makes me wonder if I should just continue closing my eyes and not watching for good luck. Kinda sucks.

Never been more happy to be wrong, and don't mind losing my bets on the Penguins to break our hearts at all. Finally after several years of collecting some money for the piggy bank, I gave some back and its never felt so good to lose a bet.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
speaking of good games, Vrana was outstanding.

Couple great defensive plays early on, and then found ways to create space and get to shooting positions. If he can keep blossoming, this might be just what Washington has always missed.

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
11 years of misery gone
11?

We're talking 33 years over here.

That's one of the things that bothers me with the media. They put this all on Ovy as if there was no curse in place before he got here. The curse was already three decades running before he played his first playoff game. Not fair to Ovy to pretend different. It wore many guises, first the Islanders, later a a juggling of the Rangers, Flyers (or was it Devils, it's been too long), and Penguins, then a mix of the Lightning, Rangers, Penguins, and even the Haps for good measure. It started in 1985 folks, that was the first 2 game lead choked away, 33 years ago, when I was in fourth grade (I'm 43 now). Ecstatic for the team, they earned that rep through a decade of failure, and now they've removed their links in that 30+ year old chains, and going 8-2 after falling behind 2 games to 0 to the Blue Jackets in their next 10 playoff games thus far is just downright special. Very happy for them.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
11?

We're talking 33 years over here.

That's one of the things that bothers me with the media. They put this all on Ovy as if there was no curse in place before he got here. The curse was already three decades running before he played his first playoff game. Not fair to Ovy to pretend different. It wore many guises, first the Islanders, later a a juggling of the Rangers, Flyers (or was it Devils, it's been too long), and Penguins, then a mix of the Lightning, Rangers, Penguins, and even the Haps for good measure. It started in 1985 folks, that was the first 2 game lead choked away, 33 years ago, when I was in fourth grade (I'm 43 now). Ecstatic for the team, they earned that rep through a decade of failure, and now they've removed their links in that 30+ year old chains, and going 8-2 after falling behind 2 games to 0 to the Blue Jackets in their next 10 playoff games thus far is just downright special. Very happy for them.

You and me have been on the same Caps's journey. This win really feels good.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Still all giddy, can't believe it happened. Literally hugged everyone in sight after that goal.

Grudy0

Mar 16, 2011
Maryland
I remember sitting in the stands as a young adult for Game 5 of the 1992 Patrick Division semifinals, watching a puck get stopped by a goalie, only to have it jump up in the air and land on his back and into the net. And then watch the defending champs come back from a 3-1 games deficit on their way to their second Stanley Cup.

That was after spending Easter 1987 in the Bahamas for a school field trip, watching most of the 4OT game against the Islanders but falling asleep after 3OT, only to end up with high school graduation being in that exact same spot not one month later.

I'm old school.

My oldest son was in my wife's belly when they last played in the Stanley Cup.

And my son is as pessimistic as I am, maybe even moreso.

This living room has never seen the jumping up and down joy, yelling and screaming celebration after winning tonight.

I don't know if any team has ever owned f-bombs, but I still go back to when Grubauer mentioned how bad it "f***ing sucks" losing, to all these f-bombs over the past week and even tonight.

Go get 'em, boys. Own the F-Bombs. We f***ing deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad