GDT: Game 6- Blues @ Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
i think we need to be clear that vrana benching doesn't mean that berube thinks he is our worst forward. it means, i think, that berube feels like vrana has much more to give and he is trying to get his attention because he doesn't feel that his message is getting through to him. so yes, his talent will be missed, but his talent is wasted if he isn't going to work and that is what berube is trying to get across. because ultimately, reinstalling our culture (as a hard-working team that is tough to play against) is far more important than the score of tonight's game.
This.

Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
with all due respect (because you are someone i respect), but did you watch last game? vrana was bad. like we would have been better to have just dressed 17 skaters bad. did nothing positive (stat-wise), took a penalty, and got caved in while out there (both xGA and scoring chances were like 8-1 against when he was on ice). he had had good games, even this season, but last one he dogged it and berube is sending a message.
Admittedly, no, I wasn’t able to catch much of the game. I mostly listened to it while I was painting.

Overall this season though, I haven’t found Vrana to be horrible. But I’ll have to take your word for it on the last game.

You make a solid point that Berube trying to get Vrana to elevate his game is more important than the result of one singular game. Vrana has 1st line talent but a reputation of having a lack if effort has surrounded him his whole career.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
hayes and sunny can't skate. torpo has no offensive instincts. benching any of them ain't gonna change that. vrana has more to give, so that is why he is being singled out. i can't believe that berube and i are the only 2 people who think this.
Hayes has only scored less than .5 ppg once in his career, and is usually at a 60 point pace. He has 1 in 5 games so far. He doesn't have more to give? Kapanen doesn't have more to give? Neighbours doesn't have more to give?

Benching someone who is out performing others is not a wake up call. Its Bullshit. The player knows its bullshit. It's not the way to motivate a player you are already screwing over with his deployment. Its just going to make a disgruntled player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celtic Note

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
Hayes has only scored less than .5 ppg once in his career, and is usually at a 60 point pace. He has 1 in 5 games so far. He doesn't have more to give? Kapanen doesn't have more to give? Neighbours doesn't have more to give?

Benching someone who is out performing others is not a wake up call. Its Bullshit. The player knows its bullshit. It's not the way to motivate a player you are already screwing over with his deployment. Its just going to make a disgruntled player.
I agree, its my concern as well. If it were something we saw another team doing we might be saying worse things about it.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
what message does it say to team when guy like vrana doesn't put forth the effort and keeps getting ice time? doesn't berube owe it to the guys who are working to not tolerate crappy effort from one of their teammates who thinks he can coast bc he is supremely talented?

I remember last year when Kyrou was a a lazy piece of shit and he got more ice time. More money more time. I'm sure that didn't piss people off at all.
hayes and sunny can't skate. torpo has no offensive instincts. benching any of them ain't gonna change that. vrana has more to give, so that is why he is being singled out. i can't believe that berube and i are the only 2 people who think this.

Berube can't even see why kids love Cinnamon toast crunch.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Wow, Vrana scratched. I knew Berube didn't like him but scratching over Neighbours is a head scratcher. And Hayes demoted to 4th too. The Vrana-Hayes line was bad last game but was one of the best parts of the first few games.

On D, rolling 7 with Perunovich makes sense but is not a long term strategy. If he is going to fit long term, we need to be able to roll 6 D with him.
Berube is in on the tank.

(Actually, I think he is pushing the buttons available to him to try and get this team's competitive fire stoked. Its going to be a long season and a tough one to be the coach, I expect.)

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Berube is trying to piss off all the players. I just happens to be Vrana tonight. The team will grow to hate him, but unite in purpose and show more cohesion on the ice. At the end of the Cup run, the guys will acknowledge that Chief helped them to reach heights they wouldn't have on their own, and they'll all enjoy the parade together.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's really going to help getting assets back for Vrana when he doesn't play.

Did you read my post? He plays 12 minutes per game, the lowest of any skater on the team. How much can you watch him play when he's barely on the ice all game??? He still has more points than 16 guys on the team.

There's literally 1 player on the team with more points....1.. not like 7 or 8 or 10.... 1
he has points bc he is talented guy and since we have only played 5 games him working for 1 or 2 got him points. but if we want to get assets back for him he needs to play better. you are smart fan; i can't believe that you are okay with how vrana played last game.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

hayes got demoted to 4th line on a night we are only playing 3 lines. it's not like anyone is excited with his play, and you won't hear me arguing on kap- he was bad last game too as i noted in the gdt thead the other night. but somebody has to dress and we have too many forwards who basically suck to dress even 11 deserving ones right now.

as for neighbours i honestly don't know how much more he has to give at this point, but we need to find out.

if you aren't going to take ice time from guy like vrana who is dogging it, what would you do? and what makes you think berube hasn't already tried other ways to get through to him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sell, sell, sell!!!

im with you, but nobody wants the players we’d want to move. My only 3 untouchables are Thomas, Kyrou and Parayko. Maybe Saad or Faulk would have value, but Faulk has a lot of term that might scare teams away.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
im with you, but nobody wants the players we’d want to move. My only 3 untouchables are Thomas, Kyrou and Parayko. Maybe Saad or Faulk would have value, but Faulk has a lot of term that might scare teams away.
i don't generally think crappy teams should have untouchable players, but among guys who are on the roster thomas and kyrou would be the 2 i would be least inclined to want to deal. parayko is heckuva player (and is a bargain at his current $ even if it may get ugly before it ends), but given his age and how far away we are from contending i think you would have to listen on him if someone made a strong enough offer.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
i don't generally think crappy teams should have untouchable players, but among guys who are on the roster thomas and kyrou would be the 2 i would be least inclined to want to deal. parayko is heckuva player (and is a bargain at his current $ even if it may get ugly before it ends), but given his age and how far away we are from contending i think you would have to listen on him if someone made a strong enough offer.

agree. But i should have said I’m only moving those 3 for a huge overpayment.

Last edited:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Sunny just caught Tanev in a foot race.
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MissouriMook

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i am one of the many who thought flames would be better this year. apparently even though almost entire team hated sutter, he still brought out best in many of them. if they had better goaltending (or better luck) they woulda been playoff team last year in spite of everything. they aren't looking like they are on track for that this year like i thought they would.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Berube is trying to piss off all the players. I just happens to be Vrana tonight. The team will grow to hate him, but unite in purpose and show more cohesion on the ice. At the end of the Cup run, the guys will acknowledge that Chief helped them to reach heights they wouldn't have on their own, and they'll all enjoy the parade together.

back to not watching for third game in a row. good luck blues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad