GDT: Game 6 | Anaheim @ Columbus | 8:30 PM EST | Loser is the Bust Edition

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
It’s odd that Texier doesn’t have a single point yet.

He’s been good
Just snakebit it will come. He's doing everything he needs to do but just not getting on the scoresheet.

Impact Card passes the eye test. Terrible game for Bean and Severson had a boneheaded play which he will do as we know. Also not shocked KJ got sat for OT and wouldn't at all be shocked if he gets healthy scratched for Voronkov Thursday (be a good game to being our legacy of Russian terror on) because in the 3rd period KJ was constantly committing the mortal sin in PV's eyes...slowing down the pace of the line to his speed and have everyone play off him instead of the up-tempo they want to try to do. Like with 8 mins left in the 3rd I was sitting there thinking "I wonder if Vincent is gonna doghouse him for this like his counterpart on the Ducks bench"

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Goddammit, Jackets could've won this game easily if they only had been given a few more slow-passing Werenski featured PPs with no real onetimer options in the setups. Well, better luck next time!

• Haha
Reactions: koteka and Napoli

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
johnny is goalless through 6 games to start the season.

doing some research…

last season he had 4 goals through 6 games. (he has 3 points this season. thru 6 games last season he had 7 points)

you have to go back to the 2021-2022 season to find where Johnny was goallless through 6 games but even then, he had 8 points in those 6 games.

concerning.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

doing some research…

last season he had 4 goals through 6 games. (he has 3 points this season. thru 6 games last season he had 7 points)

you have to go back to the 2021-2022 season to find where Johnny was goallless through 6 games but even then, he had 8 points in those 6 games.

concerning.
I'm not concerned.

Johnny didnt have a good preseason and he didn't start the year very well either. But ever since he's been back with Boone and Marchenko, he's been good. Hasn't he also had like 20 shots in the last two games?

Yeah you need more production than 3 points in 6 games from your top player but its not like he's invisible.

I think he'll be fine. He and Marchenko just need one to go in.

Reactions: I3LI3

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I'm not concerned.

Johnny didnt have a good preseason and he didn't start the year very well either. But ever since he's been back with Boone and Marchenko, he's been good. Hasn't he also had like 20 shots in the last two games?

Yeah you need more production than 3 points in 6 games from your top player but its not like he's invisible.

I think he'll be fine. He and Marchenko just need one to go in.

11 shots on goal the last two games lol.

but I getcha. I’ve been hard on him to start the season, that’s for sure. I just expect a lot more out of him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
11 shots on goal the last two games lol.

but I getcha. I’ve been hard on him to start the season, that’s for sure. I just expect a lot more out of him.
With his salary, I think you should. But its early in the year and he's been kinda streaky. He's starting to heat up, so hopefully the production follows.

If we're still in this situation in a week or two I will start worrying.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
With his salary, I think you should. But its early in the year and he's been kinda streaky. He's starting to heat up, so hopefully the production follows.

If we're still in this situation in a week or two I will start worrying.

also that line tonight had just 3 shots on goal and 6 shots on goal against at even strength. nothing to write home about, at all.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Is it just me or on the GWG, did Sillinger just stop skating back to defend?

Yes he pulled up once he got near a Ducks player.

It looked to me like he was playing 5 on 5 defense as a forward, but unfortunately it was 3 on 3. He had a guy to his right and he moved right to defend him, meanwhile the guy to his left shot up the ice and there was nobody behind Sillinger. I thought he was pretty solid other than that play.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I rewatched Jackets PP opportunities in the game and counted all shot attempts (there could be errors):

-------------- Jenner
Gaudreau - Marchenko - Johnson
------------- Werenski

TOI for players: 8:00-9:06

Total shot attempts: 19
Normal shot* attempts: 13
Normal shots on goal: 6
Deflection attempts: 3
Deflections on goal: -
Onetimer attempts: 3
Onetimers on goal: 1
(*"Normal shots" are any type of shots that are not onetimers or deflections)

------------- Sillinger
Bemstrom - Roslovic - Fantilli
------------- Provorov

TOI for players: 4:15-4:31

Total shot attempts: 16
Normal shot attempts: 10
Normal shots on goal: 6
Deflection attempts: 1
Deflections on goal: 1
Onetimer attempts: 5
Onetimers on goal: 2

7 PP opportunities in total with 35 shot attempts but only 1 PP goal to show for it, which was scored by the 2nd unit.

For the next game I'd put Gaudreau and Fantilli on the same unit, best playmaker and and the most dangerous shooter on the team together would be a good way to utilize their skills. JG says he prefers playing on left flank, so if he stays there, Fantilli could be the bumper or right flank. If Fantilli is on the right flank, then it would be logical to have a LH pointman for his onetimer (Provorov?).

The other unit would need a RH pointman for Bemstrom's onetimer, I guess Jiricek and Severson are the obvious options with Boqvist out of the lineup.

-------------- Jenner
Gaudreau - Marchenko - Fantilli
------------- Provorov

------------- Texier
Bemstrom - Roslovic - KJ
------------- Severson

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
I said that I wouldn't put money on Fantilli scoring last week, but today, I would put money on it. I didn't myself (I'm too young to gamble) but I have faith in him.
If nothing else, I hope I made someone some money last night.

End of the game was rough, but we played solidly throughout. Didn't understand some of the decisions in OT, but that first Elvis save in particular (the Troy Terry breakaway) was mesmerizing. I had no faith that he would save that, but he robbed him blind. Hell of a save, testament to how much his confidence has rebounded.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The other unit would need a RH pointman for Bemstrom's onetimer, I guess Jiricek and Severson are the obvious options with Boqvist out of the lineup.
Not sure why. Bemstrom's one timer last night came from a left handed player. Handedness really doesn't matter.

Reactions: thebus88

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yeah hopefully this does good to Elvis. He played solid for what I can see. That's encouraging.

Also overall we seemed to play pretty well despite the loss. Had multiple chances in OT, one post. Two breakaways against so that's not great but kinda comes with the territory. I rather lose by not finishing well than being outplayed...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

doing some research…

concerning.
All the way back to two years ago?

To the season he scored 115 points?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's quicker and more deceptive, especially with fake shot passes. PK and goalie have less time to get set for the onetimer when RH point guy passes to RH left flank player. So handedness matters.
If they would have been quicker on that play, the goalie would have been in better position to make the save. It may help a little, but it really doesn't matter. Teams can still move the puck fine without setting up the one timer and still be productive.

Reactions: thebus88

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I've been out of the country so ive only caught one cbj game this year, but based on last night, one would be led to believe that whatever like Fantilli is on, is the first line. He should be sitting across the way from JG on pp1 if you're trying to win games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's quicker and more deceptive, especially with fake shot passes. PK and goalie have less time to get set for the onetimer when RH point guy passes to RH left flank player. So handedness matters.

For sure when it comes to feeding Laine, who will have his lane closed in a split second. I don't know if it matters with Bemstrom. I don't think Bemstrom's shot is consistently good enough to merit much focus. And KJ can wire it as well on the other side. Fantilli better than both.

More likely to provide a better angle for the shooter as far as receiving the pass in a shooting position.

I'll add pro-cyclical spin on the puck, which makes for a better one-timer (rightys and leftys tend to put opposite spin on the puck).

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad