GDT: Game 6 | Anaheim @ Columbus | 8:30 PM EST | Loser is the Bust Edition

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Did he just say Mellanby ?
Did Rimer just say Provorov and Mellanby got assists or am I dreaming?

Going back to his Florida years ?
Yes, yes he did…:rolleyes:

As an OG Florida Panthers fan who used to watch games on SUN Sports (I think it was) in my grandparents “trailer” in Florida in the winters in the mid/late 90s, I’m VERY upset that I missed this.

Doesn't make any sense. Mellanby was number 27.
It’s Rimer, it makes perfect sense.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Often I have trouble reconciling these scorecards with my eyes, but this seemed about right. I thought this was Bean’s worst game and Zach is still as rusty as the Tin Man. Some of the others near the bottom matched up as well.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I've been out of the country so ive only caught one cbj game this year, but based on last night, one would be led to believe that whatever like Fantilli is on, is the first line. He should be sitting across the way from JG on pp1 if you're trying to win games.
i agree that JG-fantilli are probably the best guys to be on the flanks, but when laine comes back he still belongs on that top unit. i'd like to see him as the bumper or even as the guy up top.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll be ok with Cole playing 3on 3 if they coach him on defensive responsibilities in a 3 on 3 setting.
Not me. In 3 on 3 Speed is just to valuable an asset - an asset Cole doesn’t have. Stickhandling, too, is an attribute I want in the open ice, another attribute Cole lacks. There’s too many better options available.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Not me. In 3 on 3 Speed is just to valuable an asset - an asset Cole doesn’t have. Stickhandling, too, is an attribute I want in the open ice, another attribute Cole lacks. There’s too many better options available.

Won't fight you on the speed part, but I've thought his stickhandling has been excellent this year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Often I have trouble reconciling these scorecards with my eyes, but this seemed about right. I thought this was Bean’s worst game and Zach is still as rusty as the Tin Man. Some of the others near the bottom matched up as well.

Could be just me but I've thought Z has been super dangerous offensively each of the last few games. I think he's flying out there.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Could be just me but I've thought Z has been super dangerous offensively each of the last few games. I think he's flying out there.
He could have scored twice yesterday. Looked fine to me.

Got to isolate Fantilli last night because I was there in person. What stood out for me was how purposeful his play was. Seemed to me that he was in complete command of what he wanted to do with the puck at all times. Could be a special player. Will enjoy watching his development.

Thought that the CBJ really deserved to win. They looked real good. I hope that I have to eat crow about what I have been saying about Jarmo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad