Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - 6-0-0 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 0

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Got to give Bedard credit for making a fool of Marchand. Two games and Bedard is just smiling at Marchand for doing the same stupid stuff. I was surprised that the Blackhawks did not retaliate against Carlos' blind side hit, that the league allowed without penalty, on Taylor Hall in their first game. The Bruins won that's what counts. PP looked awful. Not an exciting game probably because of the weakness of the opponent.

Go Bruins
You thought the Blackhawks would "respond" to a clean hit but you think Bedard looked good just laying there and taking it?

I thought it made Bedard looked limp. Where's your compete kid?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Jaffe and Razor said on their podcast that management wants to see how he does tomorrow and Saturday before deciding. I agree with them tho I do think he stays.

I don't expect goals but if he is still getting into the mix along the wall and setting up chances while giving 100% every shift then I call it success and keep him.

Jaffe and Razor also said management takes off the ice stuff like his living situation and basic adulting into account. I'd say him taking an econ class and doing homework between any interviews is a step in the right direction. I do wonder if he lives with someone on the team to get the lay of the land and help adjusting to life as a pro. I almost feel like Freddy could really help him or even a guy like Carlo.
Who was that defenceman for the Bruins several years ago who was so bad in a couple of games that they bought out his contract or something? I think Poitras would have to be that bad in these two games to get sent back to junior. He’s staying .

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just a matter of opinion. Consider the age difference, position on the team, maturity and this is not what Marchand was expecting again a second time. Marchand can embarrass himself again, try the same thing in the next two meetings of the Hawks. I bet Bedard will react the same way.
For sure a difference of opinion - if I was a rookie I would be fighting back a bit in that situation. He didnt need to throw punches, but at least push back or jaw at him.

What message are you sending to the league early in your career by just sitting there? f*** with me and this is what you'll get?

Reactions: BBruins and Ladyfan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well 8 game sample size isn't enough for most people to risk DNQ.

Jack Campbell is an example of a waste of cap.

That’s the entire issue, his garbage play is the reason he has a small sample size. Back to back postseasons with a save percentage in the .800s.

It’s going to take another 4-5 years for him to get a decent sample size at this rate.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For sure a difference of opinion - if I was a rookie I would be fighting back a bit in that situation. He didn't need to throw punches, but at least push back or jaw at him.

What message are you sending to the league early in your career by just sitting there? f*** with me and this is what you'll get?
Just a matter of style. I agree with you if this was a normal situation. But instead, it is the bully kicking sand. The Bully hasn't tried this cheap shit as Captain against a seasoned vet who would give it back to him. The Blackhawks are a fragile team and can't afford to have their potential star to be injured. As I said I was surprised that the Blackhawks didn't react after the dirty hit by Carlos on Hall. Maybe the team is a bunch of p***yes but I would not want my star interacting with the sand throwing bully.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
From your post, it sounded like you would have given credit to a Chicago bully going after Carlo.
Absolutely, it was a dirty hit. That's why teams have enforcers to take care of bullies. Maybe Chicago is lacking in that department. I like my Captain to be a Class Act. When necessary of course but don't be a childless instigator.

• Wow
Reactions: BBruins

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Absolutely, it was a dirty hit. That's why teams have enforcers to take care of bullies. Maybe Chicago is lacking in that department. I like my Captain to be a Class Act. When necessary of course but don't be a childless instigator.
You're in a significant minority thinking that was a dirty hit. Even Hall himself acknowledged it wasn't. And it's laughable to call what Marchand did last night childish (I think that's what you meant).

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but Marchand isn't going to suddenly change his game now that he's captain.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
It was NOT a dirty hit!!!!!
Hall had a conversation with Carlo after the game and said that he didn't think it was a dirty hit!.
So get over it!

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but Marchand isn't going to suddenly change his game now that he's captain.
I got it and agree. Too bad he can't be a class act instead of a bully. BTW other new captains change their style when they get the honor of being the Captain. What you are saying is Marchand is not a class act.

Go Bruins

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Matt Irwin?

That year was crazy for our bottom pairing

Kevan Miller hadn’t started working with Adam Oates yet and had some absolutely crazy defensive gaffes. Then there was Trotman and a few other guys who were just tweeners/JAGs.

Excited to see what he’s got, we need some help on the PP and he’s got the secret sauce…hopefully

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad