Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - 6-0-0 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 0

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Curious how Geekie holds up as the 2RW
This is more of a weakness to me than center, Marchand-Zacha-Pasta is a great top line
DeBrusk-Poitras-?
JVR-Coyle-Fredric is a solid third line
Lucic-Beecher-Lauka has been very good when healthy.

Geekie has been solid as well but i do not picture him as a top 6 winger. As the season progresses and teams drop out of the playoff hunt decent top 6 options should become available. Jason Zucker and Jacob Silverberg are two that spring to mind. If you want to move Frederic up and try Geekie at 3rw you have a good part of the season to try it.

Cap space in any kind of a deal becomes an issue but you have Lysell and Merkulov to dangle as trade bait and if Lohrei develops a left D becomes available as well. I would have a very tough time dealing either goalie the way both are playing.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This is more of a weakness to me than center, Marchand-Zacha-Pasta is a great top line
DeBrusk-Poitras-?
JVR-Coyle-Fredric is a solid third line
Lucic-Beecher-Lauka has been very good when healthy.

Geekie has been solid as well but i do not picture him as a top 6 winger. As the season progresses and teams drop out of the playoff hunt decent top 6 options should become available. Jason Zucker and Jacob Silverberg are two that spring to mind. If you want to move Frederic up and try Geekie at 3rw you have a good part of the season to try it.

Cap space in any kind of a deal becomes an issue but you have Lysell and Merkulov to dangle as trade bait and if Lohrei develops a left D becomes available as well. I would have a very tough time dealing either goalie the way both are playing.
Funny, 2RW is going to be the new Top 6C, which ironically was the new 2RW after Hall came in and Debrusk moved to the right side. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They just waived Mitchell

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Of course

not surprised he looked terrible

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
FWIW I was reading thru the Hawks gdt yesterday afternoon and they were all laughing at the fact the Bruins were going to play him last night(must have been some report out with him in the lineup at some point?)

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Not mine and some bad photoshop, but still funny:D
IMG_3103.jpeg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bedard's interviews are a quick reminder that he's a still a teenager stuck in his awkward stage.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Personally I don't see what they have, besides picks, that would be worth it. They aren't trading Draisaitl and I'm not convinced RNH isn't a product of who he plays with. Maybe something around McLeod, but he too is a question mark.

If they want to overpay I'm all for it, but I think the better option is to wait until the offseason to trade either.
Yeah B's have lots of C's similar to him. Either goalie for RNH doesn't help the Bruins in the slightest.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
To be honest I'm seeing a lot more mistakes from seasoned veterans than I am from Poitras. Hockey is pretty much a game of mistakes.
I wouldn't disagree with this. There's a lot of missed passes and turnovers and a number of players haven't gotten it together yet. I've just been watching Poitras closely to see if there's any reason they'd send him down.
He will make some mistakes as a rookie and his smallish size is a little worrying at this stage but we are a much better team with him than without him, that's a certainty at this point. We could still use a top winger on this team but Poitras is a necessity for sure. He has filled what would have been a gaping hole as Coyle is 3C, maybe the best 3C in the league, but not suited for the top units.

Reactions: JOKER 192

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Nice win. Got up because of cold and watched the 3rd. Potsy is good. I mean real good. He reminds me of norman lavelle (sp). Lots of speed great hockey sense and good hands.
What's impressed me about Poitras is that he wants to control the puck. So many times you see young guys get the puck and pass it off or dump it especially in the offensive zone. He seems to have a calmness to his game and doesn't panic with the puck on his stick.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wonder if Forbort is banged up and they are calling up Loheri

AHL Transactions said Brown was also returned from Boston

I wouldn't want Lorhei to be up and down and up and down. Doesn't sound like he is dominating down there, yet? I'd put $ on them putting these guys down is just to pull them back up again on Thursday and bank a few grand for the deadline. Although why not do it in the 5 days before the road trip?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
My friend put RIP Bruins in the group chat when the retirements were announced....I kept the receipts though.
So even if you give him a break for one bad playoff due to an unconfirmed injury, what’s the excuse for the previous season.

Better yet, how many more post seasons runs are we going to “give him a break” on regardless of injury or just poor overall performance. He’s already at two blown postseasons.

Are we just going to keep kicking that can down the road?

You trade either guy for the average return a goalie will bring and you run the real danger of not kicking the can down the road, but in the gutter (DNQ).

Their D and tending are going to make them competitive in 80% of their games and
will reduce the amount of scoring they need to come up with. So it helps suppress a weakness.

Now if Edmonton wants to trade Draisaital for Ullmark and Zacha well sure but that ain't happening.

Definitely weird seeing the team sub 50% on the season. We were spoiled there.

It was expected given who they lost.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yes, but considering this team leads the NHL in points over the last decade and hasn’t won a cup might signal it’s time to switch up the make up of this team.

They are the only team in the top 5 of points over the last decade to not win a cup.
His sample size is so small because he’s been so abysmal in the games he played that he gets benched and/or ends playoff series early.

His small sample size is a product of his poor performances.

A $5m insurance policy on the bench is a negative asset over $5m that could be spent on an everyday player in the lineup.

Is there some 11th Commandment that states your $5M player can't be a "choker"?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Interesting. Wonder if this means they're signing Heinen if there's a couple injuries upfront. Lucic out, Lauko skate to the face, Geekie got dinged yesterday I believe, too. Roll 6 D while they have a good home stretch and hopefully a forward is healthy and Brown can be sent down to be replaced by a 7th D when the hit the road again.

Not ideal being this close to cap and only being able to carry 2 spare players instead of 3.

Reactions: Alicat

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Got to give Bedard credit for making a fool of Marchand. Two games and Bedard is just smiling at Marchand for doing the same stupid stuff. I was surprised that the Blackhawks did not retaliate against Carlos' blind side hit, that the league allowed without penalty, on Taylor Hall in their first game. The Bruins won that's what counts. PP looked awful. Not an exciting game probably because of the weakness of the opponent.

Go Bruins

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Got to give Bedard credit for making a fool of Marchand. Two games and Bedard is just smiling at Marchand for doing the same stupid stuff. I was surprised that the Blackhawks did not retaliate against Carlos' blind side hit, that the league allowed without penalty, on Taylor Hall in their first game. The Bruins won that's what counts. PP looked awful. Not an exciting game probably because of the weakness of the opponent.

Go Bruins
I did not think Bedard made Marchy look foolish. In fact it only made me question his intensity as he just sat there and took it with no response or emotion....

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I did not think Bedard made Marchy look foolish. In fact it only made me question his intensity as he just sat there and took it with no response or emotion....
Just a matter of opinion. Consider the age difference, position on the team, maturity and this is not what Marchand was expecting again a second time. Marchand can embarrass himself again, try the same thing in the next two meetings of the Hawks. I bet Bedard will react the same way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad