GDT: Game #6 - 10.21.14 - vs Vancouver - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
How long until Hemsky gets pissed off?

He signs here with the GM telling him he will get good minutes and play with star players. He is stuck with an 4th line grinder rookie and a NHL career 3rd/4th liner. Tonight he played 13 minutes.

I'd be pissed.

He hasn't played well. And If I have to watch him do one more dipsy doodle at the offensive blueline that causes an offsides I'm gonna lose my mind.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Man, what a game :laugh:

Seguin, Benn, Spezza has great chemistry, but they should spread apart though once Val comes back.
Would love to see that line more often than just PP though...I mean, it's working out so well right now.

Hemsky has to step his game up...

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
lol @ the entire Vancouver coaching staff basically being poached from the Texas Stars.

I am curious though. What is Gulutzan's role? Lidster is obviously the defense coach, but I'm having a hard time trying to come up with what would be Gulutzan's role/what he brings to the table.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
lol @ the entire Vancouver coaching staff basically being poached from the Texas Stars.

I am curious though. What is Gulutzan's role? Lidster is obviously the defense coach, but I'm having a hard time trying to come up with what would be Gulutzan's role/what he brings to the table.

I think he runs the PK, perry pearn in charge of the PP, and lidster the D, he was kept because kassian and a few others liked him during torts reign. I am not sure if willie is to fond of him in split squad pre season games he put lidster in charge over him.

Having your coaching staff poached is not always a bad thing, rangers took our farm head coach, and nhl head coach and they did alright. Then again rangers have a better team then us.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Seeing Erik Cole as the 3rd Star of the night on NHL is surreal. I hope Nill calls all 29 teams tomorrow to see if anyone will take him. Maybe we'll get lucky and they won't actually have seen him play since Montréal

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
Glad to see Kari stepping up again. He seems to perform so much better when he gets some shots instead of games where he can be sitting on top of goal.

As much as I love seeing Spezza ripping it apart with Benn and Seguin, I hope Val goes back to first line and Spezza centering the second line.

Let's hope the D performs better next game. Go Stars!

PuckFrozen

Oct 3, 2013
Finland
Watched only highlights but man, those giveaways on the powerplay looked awful. Kari clearly kept Vancouver from getting back to the game.

I hope Ruff gives Jokipakka a chance on Friday. Something needs to happen to the defense.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Watched only highlights but man, those giveaways on the powerplay looked awful. Kari clearly kept Vancouver from getting back to the game.

I hope Ruff gives Jokipakka a chance on Friday. Something needs to happen to the defense.

Would be great if Jokipakka could replace Nemeth. This D is really lacking a reliable D defensively. I personally don't have much confidence in Dillon's hockey IQ.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Would be great if Jokipakka could replace Nemeth. This D is really lacking a reliable D defensively. I personally don't have much confidence in Dillon's hockey IQ.

The more we see him the more it looks like his rookie year was just him being better than a terrible defense.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Maybe more time in the AHL would have been good? A lot of guys seem to come up as a young D in the NHL then regress a bit and never get better. Maybe he at least could have developed some offensively there and brought it up to the NHL.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
So what you're saying it's time for his yearly benching?

I don't think he's been nearly that bad yet.

Maybe more time in the AHL would have been good? A lot of guys seem to come up as a young D in the NHL then regress a bit and never get better. Maybe he at least could have developed some offensively there and brought it up to the NHL.

No. I think we have a case of a guy is what he is. He had proven what he needed to in the AHL.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I don't think he's been nearly that bad yet.

No. I think we have a case of a guy is what he is. He had proven what he needed to in the AHL.

You may be right but there are guys who prove themselves there who continue to marinade and it works out well for them in the long run.

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
Kari got pelted with rubber last night and, somehow, plays his best game. Kari "No Glove, No Love" Lehtonen for ya.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't think Dillon's been nearly as bad this year as he was last. I've been impressed by a few of his plays and never saw him making a glaring mistake. Maybe I'm just not watching hard enough.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Meh.. Dillon's been pretty mediocre so far. The only defenseman who doesn't make me bite off all my fingernails, is Daley.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Best D-men have been Daley and Jordie Benn. Dillon hasn't looked bad its just that he along with most of the defense hasn't really done anything to stand out and make themselves seem non-expendable.

Ampersand

Best D-men have been Daley and Jordie Benn. Dillon hasn't looked bad its just that he along with most of the defense hasn't really done anything to stand out and make themselves seem non-expendable.

Jordie still needs to get his icings, and benched pucks in check, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad