GDT: Game 59: New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 6pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5666.jpeg

IMG_5665.jpeg

New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets
6pm ET, MSG
IMG_5664.gif

IMG_5660.gif
IMG_5551.jpeg
IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

IMG_5659.gif

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5088.png

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jimmy Vesey
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Jonny Brodzinski -- Kaapo Kakko
Adam Edstrom -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Jonathan Quick
Igor Shesterkin

Scratched:
Alex Belzile, Zac Jones
Injured: None

IMG_5661.png
Blue Jackets Projected Line up

Johnny Gaudreau -- Boone Jenner -- Jack Roslovic
Yegor Chinakhov -- Dmitri Voronkov -- Kirill Marchenko
Kent Johnson -- Cole Sillinger -- Justin Danforth
Alexandre Texier -- Sean Kuraly -- Alex Nylander

Zach Werenski -- Adam Boqvist
Ivan Provorov -- Damon Severson
Jake Bean -- Erik Gudbranson

Elvis Merzlikins
Daniil Tarasov

Scratched:
Andrew Peeke, Mathieu Olivier
Injured: Adam Fantilli (calf), Patrik Laine (upper body)

IMG_5324.gif
IMG_5658.gif
IMG_5657.gif

IMG_5667.gif
IMG_4627.gif

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I don't think I'll be watching this so I'm worried it might go down south))) I watched all the games during the streak... OTOTH I watched all the losses as well))

The PGT got locked while I was going to say that @Machinehead says we're ass for not simply passing around the Flyers. I'd say (and it's not my vision, someone's who's much more literate tho) Torts set them up to be hard to play against, like he did with NYR. It was a playoff style game. And again it highlighted our problems.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Re: the Philly game since that’s closed now, I think in a series you plan for a lot of stuff Philly was doing and take care of that. A lot of it was the rangers spacing too far apart and Philly playing tight and killing the passing lanes. Adjust to that and you breakout and transition a lot better which shortcuts a lot of their attack

Anyways, gonna expect Columbus to be another bottom feeder playing like this is their playoff time so rangers will probably have to pick up the pace

What goon do they have that will challenge rempe right off the draw

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Re: the Philly game since that’s closed now, I think in a series you plan for a lot of stuff Philly was doing and take care of that. A lot of it was the rangers spacing too far apart and Philly playing tight and killing the passing lanes. Adjust to that and you breakout and transition a lot better which shortcuts a lot of their attack

Anyways, gonna expect Columbus to be another bottom feeder playing like this is their playoff time so rangers will probably have to pick up the pace

What goon do they have that will challenge rempe right off the draw
WOuld be nice if they don't really wheel out any, but Matt makes enough smart hits to make it easier for us to play CBJ.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
Last PGT was locked before I got this on, but...

Professional boxing judges are literally told to give a lot more weight to punches that inflict more damage. That is why a knockdown gives the boxer who delivers it an automatic 2 point advantage. Fights are also stopped if a fighter gets too badly cut to continue. That is damage. Only in amatuer boxing is the point system or punch landed count implemented. So the athletes can theoretically concentrate more on technique, but even there, it only takes one punch to make all the ring generalship in the world go up in smoke.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't think I'll be watching this so I'm worried it might go down south))) I watched all the games during the streak... OTOTH I watched all the losses as well))

The PGT got locked while I was going to say that @Machinehead says we're ass for not simply passing around the Flyers. I'd say (and it's not my vision, someone's who's much more literate tho) Torts set them up to be hard to play against, like he did with NYR. It was a playoff style game. And again it highlighted our problems.
While I agree that Flyers are where they’re because of Torts coaching the Rangers not playing their best were able to get a road win there, and personally I don’t think they looked that bad based on the specific game was developing. If certain Rangers played at the level they recently showed (yes it’s Trouba and Zibanejad I’m referring to) I don’t see how the Rangers won’t be able to move past them in playoffs.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
While I agree that Flyers are where they’re because of Torts coaching the Rangers not playing their best were able to get a road win there, and personally I don’t think they looked that bad based on the specific game was developing. If certain Rangers played at the level they recently showed (yes it’s Trouba and Zibanejad I’m referring to) I don’t see how the Rangers won’t be able to move past them in playoffs.
Good chance yesterday would've been a loss if they weren't feeling confident, which the streak has helped. During a long winning streak, a lot of things need to happen, like people going on benders, some luck, surprise faces stepping up, stronger bond in the dressing room, and cohesive hockey most of the time. They've gotten all of these. Let's not forget Connor Mackey popping off started the whole thing.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Zero chance they lose this, congrats on a franchise record win streak!
Well done my friend by asking to be a potential lightning rod in GDT / PGT

Good chance yesterday would've been a loss if they weren't feeling confident, which the streak has helped. During a long winning streak, a lot of things need to happen, like people going on benders, some luck, surprise faces stepping up, stronger bond in the dressing room, and cohesive hockey most of the time. They've gotten all of these. Let's not forget Connor Mackey popping off started the whole thing.
Yup, long win streak requires some luck for sure. For context this streak corresponds to sweeping 2 playoff series 4:0 and going up 2:0 in the third.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Audition for Jenner.

Cuylle Jenner Kakko could be nice.... cost of acquisition... not so much
For some reason JD has said that Jenner is completely untouchable and won’t be traded ever ever.

I mean he’s a fine player but that seems extreme, especially for a horrible bottom dweller garbage team like Columbus who are years away from competing (and are going to beat us tonight)

Reactions: duhmetreE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille