GDT: Game 59: Columbus vs. Buffalo | 2/19 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I wonder why games with teams like Oil, Sabres so uncomfortable for us this season? They can't ignite us probably like Penguins, Wings :)

Maybe they don't take us lightly like some of the better teams might?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This is one of those games where you think we should win easily, only to see us get our a$$es handed to us.

Just sayin. I have seen this happen at the Nat to many damn times.

+1 to your total. :laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I guess both Jenner and Hartnell will be moved to the 4th line next game. Or scratched.

They are good guys, but moving forward there must be reasons that the CBJ are near last in the NHL.... As much as we in our bubble like our players perhaps they are not good enough to compete at a winning level in the NHL...

MGT still remains responsible for the current state of the Columbus Blue Jackets....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'll check out after saying this, getting shutout 0-4 at home vs the well known and bottom team Buffalo Sabres is an embarrassment...

Inexcusable John, inexcusable...

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
We need Mathews a hell of a lot more than we needed 2 points from this game

I know people hate tanking and I know the odds of getting the 1st pick aren't very good, but I agree with you. Some feel good wins late in the season are completely useless. We were all happy about the way they closed out last season, and then they started this year 0-8. Losing a lot the next 20 or so games and getting a great player is way better than winning the next 20 or so games and getting nothing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We need Mathews a hell of a lot more than we needed 2 points from this game

I know people hate tanking and I know the odds of getting the 1st pick aren't very good, but I agree with you. Some feel good wins late in the season are completely useless. We were all happy about the way they closed out last season, and then they started this year 0-8. Losing a lot the next 20 or so games and getting a great player is way better than winning the next 20 or so games and getting nothing.

Welcome to the right way of thinking. :handclap:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Welcome to the right way of thinking. :handclap:

If you are being straight up that it's basically "suck for Tkachuk", then very well then. I'd rather win, but at least you're honest. Let's cut out the Matthews talk. The odds are bad no matter where the team finishes.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If you are being straight up that it's basically "suck for Tkachuk", then very well then. I'd rather win, but at least you're honest. Let's cut out the Matthews talk. The odds are bad no matter where the team finishes.

I would like to see the process starting of learning how to win. If we were in a position where we looked at the roster and we knew we were in full rebuild, I would have a different response.

Would I like the #1 pick? Sure. Do I want the team to be trying to learn to win in October? No.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Only Davidge alluded to this after the game, but I think Korpi got yanked for not skating down and helping out in the scrum when Lehner was going nuts. Why else would he get yanked in a meaningless last few minutes of a game? The 4th goal had already been scored, the game was over, his family was in the crowd, the 4 goals weren't really all his fault, CMac is totally cold and coming off injury so risks potential re-injury coming in cold. I think Torts was fuming that we were outmatched 6 on 5 and their goalie was challenging everyone and our goalie was sitting there in our end...and I agree with him

KlichkoBro*

The fans that cheer for their team to lose deserve the team they have had for 15 years.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It was a horrible night for the Jackets but a hell of a great night for anyone who cares about the future of the Jackets. #4pointer #gosabres

That's crap. Don't pretend that this is some short term v long term issue. I think the Jackets future is far better served by getting this young squad to win. If this was the old lottery rules or if the team was lacking young talent then perhaps you can explain it, but you can't do this for Tkachuk or Chychrun, who are probably not going to be better than some of the young guys already on the roster. Tonight was terrible for a young squad that has to learn to play the right way.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
That's crap. Don't pretend that this is some short term v long term issue. I think the Jackets future is far better served by getting this young squad to win. If this was the old lottery rules or if the team was lacking young talent then perhaps you can explain it, but you can't do this for Tkachuk or Chychrun, who are probably not going to be better than some of the young guys already on the roster. Tonight was terrible for a young squad that has to learn to play the right way.

The team played a fine game tonight, Dubi line had chances every shift... Lehner was just good. My argument is losing 2 points to the Sabres is a good thing in the short term.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The team played a fine game tonight, Dubi line had chances every shift... Lehner was just good. My argument is losing 2 points to the Sabres is a good thing in the short term.

Let's drone on and on and on about this topic in the GTD's. We've been having this argument for a decade; I'm sure something new will be added tonight. :shakehead

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Only Davidge alluded to this after the game, but I think Korpi got yanked for not skating down and helping out in the scrum when Lehner was going nuts. Why else would he get yanked in a meaningless last few minutes of a game? The 4th goal had already been scored, the game was over, his family was in the crowd, the 4 goals weren't really all his fault, CMac is totally cold and coming off injury so risks potential re-injury coming in cold. I think Torts was fuming that we were outmatched 6 on 5 and their goalie was challenging everyone and our goalie was sitting there in our end...and I agree with him

I was at the game and didn't even notice the goalie change. Perhaps I was texting like Korpse was probably doing on goal #2.

I was going "Don Cherry" on Korpse for not doing anything. I do think that his European background is why he didn't and I think that he probably deserved a pass from the coach on this-along with a stern lecture about what his proper response should be in the future.

The Jackets schedule is going to be tough over the next 10 games or so. I expect their offensive deficiencies to become more obvious over this stretch.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wait, people really, like actually, believe Korpi got yanked....because...he didn't fight the other goalie...?

Like...a goalie fight...that hasn't happened since DiPietro got rocked by Brent Johnson in 2010 or so....

Like...Korpisalo..21...who's as thin as a rail...against 5-6 year NHL veteran Robin Lehner....

And people think thats why he got yanked...?

Couldn't possibly be, you know, giving Curtis McElhinney action in a meaningless game, because he'd been out for a month with injury...Letting him shake off the cobwebs because he will have to play eventually.....Nah

I can leave now. What a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad