GDT: Game 59: Columbus vs. Buffalo | 2/19 7PM EST

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I was going "Don Cherry" on Korpse for not doing anything. I do think that his European background is why he didn't and I think that he probably deserved a pass from the coach on this-along with a stern lecture about what his proper response should be in the future.

European man Ludvig Borga tells you how we feel about America. Ludgid Borga was later on elected to the Finnish parliament.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Haven't watched a game for weeks, but saw the full ice goal on the front page of deadspin. Great metaphor for the existence of this franchise. A new low every night.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Haven't watched a game for weeks, but saw the full ice goal on the front page of deadspin. Great metaphor for the existence of this franchise. A new low every night.

Yeesh that's hardly the truth at all. Come on now.

We've seen plenty of good things this year. Korpisalo has shown us he could be a great goalie for this team, Saad and Jones have been strong for the most part in their first year here. Wennberg is coming into his own and looks loads better than he did last year. Ryan Murray looks like a new and improved man with Seth Jones beside him.

The Jackets aren't a good team but a new low every night? False.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I said it in the post. He got yanked to give McElhinney some game action, because he will have to play sometime and has been out with injury, and the game was over. Not to mention to give Korpisalo additional rest.

Makes zero sense to put a cold goalie in when the game is over coming off injury. If your guys are outmanned, you go down there without question. I didn't say you have to come in gloves off and throwing haymakers but you go stick up for your team and Torts is all about sticking up for each other. Builds team morale and shows that you aren't going to back down, no matter who it is. But I guess most of you like the brand of pu**y hockey we played last night.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I agree. Korpi should have skated down there and kicked the crap out of that big oaf Lehner. In addition to adding his name to feared goalies he would have saved JMFJ the embarrassment of having to skate away from Lehner. No use having a big tough guy humiliated when you have a skinny ***** young goalie to protect him. :)sarcasm: for those who don't get the obvious)

Ridiculous. The refs would have never let them go, but it would have at least sent a message that we aren't going to be intimidated or pushed around in our own building. I stand by that as the reason he was pulled. Davidge even said you would like to see your goalie down there helping out, and I respect his hockey knowledge

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Makes zero sense to put a cold goalie in when the game is over coming off injury. If your guys are outmanned, you go down there without question. I didn't say you have to come in gloves off and throwing haymakers but you go stick up for your team and Torts is all about sticking up for each other. Builds team morale and shows that you aren't going to back down, no matter who it is. But I guess most of you like the brand of pu**y hockey we played last night.

No, it actually makes a ton of sense. McElhinney has been a career backup goalie, he's used to coming in cold. Getting him action was important.

Not endorsing hits like Hartnell's or Jenner's doesn't mean you endorse 'pushy hockey'. This isn't the 80's anymore. Everyone actually has to have skill now.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Bad bounce, crap happens. I forgot about it after I saw the replay. That wasn't beating Mason 5 hole from the blue line.

That is the third goal so far this year that Korpisalo has given up from long range. I saw the replay, It did take a funny bounce, but giving up a goal from the FO circle at the opposite end is ridiculous. Maybe they should send our goalies to a little league practice and teach them to get in front of the puck.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
That is the third goal so far this year that Korpisalo has given up from long range. I saw the replay, It did take a funny bounce, but giving up a goal from the FO circle at the opposite end is ridiculous. Maybe they should send our goalies to a little league practice and teach them to get in front of the puck.

He was in front of the puck. Until the bounce. Get a grip.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
ridiculous.

I say unlucky for our youngster :sarcasm:

This one is truly ridiculous. Vezina level performance

PotableBossyAmurratsnake.gif

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Here’s Tortorella on pulling Korpisalo: “It wasn’t to pull Korpi. It was to get Mac some work. The game was over. I should have taken Korpi out right after the goal, but I was too busy watching the (replay) to see what happened. So I lost my opportunity. But once the play started again, I said I’ve got to get Korpi out of there because I wanted to get Mac in just to get him some work. Because eventually, he is going to play some games.â€

--Here’s Tortorella on if he was worried that Korpisalo might have tangled with a furious Lehner had the situation escalated: “I don’t think Korpi understands that part of it. I was saying that to Lars (assistant Brad Larsen) on the bench. I don’t want Korpi going down there. It wasn’t that hectic down there anyway. I was watching Korpi. He was just drinking water and getting adjusted again. I don’t think he totally understands that part of the game. But if it turns into a mess and a goalie is involved in it, then our goalie has to be down there. But that wasn’t a mess. Our league is so civilized, you don’t see any messes. But I thought of that on the bench. And that’s when I told Mac to get ready and get stretched. At least he had some time to get ready. So it was mission accomplished, as far as getting Mac in just so he could see the puck.â€

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/02/home-worked.html

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
those two quotes don't contradict each other. Torts says the goalie "has to be down there" if it's a "mess". ca5150's position is pretty well covered in the coach's words.

I don't have a dog in this race, I wasn't able to watch.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So question guys...I missed the game but am thinking about going to the game in Boston. Not really excited to spend good money to see C-Mac in goal though. Who do you guys think will start Monday night?

From Monday's Dispatch

Korpisalo is the likely to make his 12th straight start on Monday. He could go again on Tuesday, as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad