Post-Game Talk: Game #59: Canucks lose 5-2 to the Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Well, additions are all well and good, but how significant they need to be (which is key) depends upon the quality of the current roster. Specifically, the core players. Also, what standard is used to project the current core's "rebound". If the rebound is significant enough to put Henrik and Daniel back in the 20-30 range for top scorers, and get Kesler about 10 points higher than he is now, then there are 3 elite forwards on the squad already IMO. Further addition will follow with that in mind.

In other words, using this abysmal performance (and I have remarked as such) as a base for future projection is already faulty logic - simply due to known injuries. If we introduce regression as another factor, then that's even more reason to stay away from the rash proposals.

By my estimation, Gillis has to make one big move where he doesn't use Edler in the exchange. That could include FA (likely), or a good trade. These two points cover the two forwards this team likely needs to rebound well. Then it's a matter of getting/staying healthy. Would it still be a doomsday prophecy if he were able to get these two assets?

I think Edler and maybe Hansen are the two i'd see moving.

Free agency is ridiculously expensive now for anyone with half a decent reputation, otherwise we have to hope for another Santorelli... and those guys are really rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad