GDT: Game 59 7:14 PM - Bruins journey to Maple Leaf Square aka Hogtown | NESN, HNIC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Projected Leafs line-up tonight sans Matthews

Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Hyman-Nylander-Brown
JvR-Bozak-Kapanen
Komarov-Moore-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak

Andersen starts

From Mark Masters
That's still a heck of a nice lineup of forwards even without Matthews.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I am obviously fine with this line up but so many games in so many days , please please alternate the lower 4 Defenseman to keep them fresh and feeling like part of the team. I hope I see Adam in the line up in Buffalo which is nineteen hrs after the conclusion of tonight's game .
I wouldn't be surprised if you see Holden against Buffalo. Maybe in addition to McQuaid.

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Like I predicted, Marchand has not been as good since returning from suspension. Hopefully this will be the game in which he breaks out. No excuse losing again to a Leafs team sans Matthews.

Leafs usually go after him like Vancouver did,they know they can get away with murder on him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Love this idea with 3 games in the next 4. Would love it even more if this became our strategy for the busy stretch run - even buying Chara, Mac, Carlo, Krug the odd night off.

Would be good if they could do that (assuming nobody is moved before Monday).

Also, Holden needs to learn the B’s system, which is different from what they played in NY. You want him comfortable before the playoffs.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Definitely going to be an extra tough game to pull out a win.
I imagine the Leafs, without Matthews and how the standings are, will probably come out of the gate storming.
Hopefully their defense gives the Bruins some quality scoring chances, which imo should happen.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Last time they had a game after a three day break they didn't look so hot coming out of it. Hopefully this is addressed.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Will be there with my wife tomorrow night. I think I have to go sans jersey as the last time we went, she and her drunken brother and my Habs buddy all got in to the Loose Moose after the game. I got barred. I think the Lucic jersey pissed the bouncer off.
For you and anyone else going be sure to cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

tp20.jpg
jb26.jpg

Referees Tim Peel (20), Jake Brenk (26)
Linesmen Scott Cherrey (50), Tony Sericolo (84)

Ntl. Anthem Martina Ortiz-Luis

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Maple Leafs tonight for the 4th & final game between these teams this season & the 2nd of 2 at Air Canada Centre … The Bruins are 37-13-8 this season and are 18-6-4 on the road thus far … They are 12-2-2 against Atlantic Division foes and 24-5-6 against the Eastern Conference.

They are opening tonight their 11th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season, as they will play in Buffalo tomorrow & host Carolina on Tuesday … They have gone 4-4-2 in game 1s, 7-1-2 in game 2s and 8-1-1 in game 3s of those series this season.

They are opening their 12th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 8-2-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 6-3-2 in the 2nd games so far.

The Bruins are playing 4 of their current 5-game road trip, their longest of the season

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 670th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 296-263-98-12 record and Toronto holding a 1,988-1,974 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 112-164-51-7 in 334 games played between the teams in Toronto, with the Maple Leafs having a 1,098-880 scoring advantage. - The Bruins snapped a 6-game losing streak vs. the Maple at 0-5-1 with a 4-1 win in Boston on 2/3 in the last game between these teams … They had dropped the season’s 1st 2 games with a 3-2 OT road loss on 11/10 and 4-1 home setback on 11/11 … They have lost their last 3 games in Toronto with their last road win over the Maple Leafs a 3-1 road victory on Mar. 26, 2016, & they are 8-4-2 in their last 14 visits to Air Canada Centre.

Toronto & Buffalo are the only Atlantic Division teams with a regulation win vs. the Bruins this season

WAYBACK MACHINE
wayback_1977.jpg

upload_2018-2-24_17-20-49.png

:bruins:leafs

Reactions: bobbyorr04

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I have the flu and my wife has quarantined me in our bedroom where there is no TV, can someone PM me a reputable free alternative that would allow me to watch the game on my laptop. Unfortunately, NESN to Go is not supported by my cable company Charter.

Thanks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have the flu and my wife has quarantined me in our bedroom where there is no TV, can someone PM me a reputable free alternative that would allow me to watch the game on my laptop. Unfortunately, NESN to Go is not supported by my cable company Charter.

Thanks
That flu is nasty.

Hope you feel better soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad