GDT: Game #59 2/19 8:30 PM - Let's Play Hockey - BRUINS at San Jose | NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98,5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm surprised NHL.com hasn't changed Morrow's position from D to healthy scratch by now.

Since December 13th he's played 4 games.

I'm actually surprised that they haven't given him a look yet with Cassidy running things. Cassidy coached Morrow in the minors and knows what he's capable of, so for him to not get a look so far is kind of telling. Now I don't think that anyone has played bad enough to get scratched for Morrow, but the kid can't build value sitting up top.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Happy Hockey Day in the USA!

Burns is putting together an incredible season. Looks to be the front runner for the Norris this season. Bruins need to bank points again from this one. Slap that rust off in the warm up and get it going at puck drop.

Let's Go Bruins!

He may be the front runner for the Hart Trophy at this point.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Shout out to the jets for taking care of the Habs and Sens this weekend!!! Had to wait out another long review on a potential tying goal in the last 2 seconds for a 3-2 win against the Sens today. Whew!

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Was shocked to see that they are so close to a playoff spot. The whole league just seems so tight this year.

yea I like it, makes this last stretch to the playoffs so much more intense and interesting for so many teams. Basically making a real playoff feel to games pre-playoffs.

Like at this point if a team can really put together a hot streak, they can make it into the playoffs.

Only a handful of teams super far out of spots.

Destiny is in their hands...put together a good win streak and you can be in.

Probably wont make for as interesting of a trade deadline with few sellers but..I dont mind that trade off for more intense playoff like games down the stretch.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Crap. Just realized that with the Hawks game starting up their third period right about now on NBCSN, the actual puck drop for the Bruins is probably scheduled for 8:45, right? Ugh, I hate these Western games....

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Was shocked to see that they are so close to a playoff spot. The whole league just seems so tight this year.

A win streak can make a big difference in a short amount of time.

Sens lost Ryan, Stone and Hoffman this weekend to injury. Trouba may be looking at a suspension for a high hit on Stone. Adversity time for the Sens.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
2-0 leafs
Islanders about to win

Bruins need a win or they will drop down to 10th place in the East

Let's go Bruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yet some are suggesting Sweeney pick up a rental LH defenseman at the deadline.

On one hand I agree.

But at the same time, when you've seen as little game action as Joe Morrow has the past 2 months, can he even be counted on for replacement depth?

I'd almost feel more comfortable calling up a guy like Cross, O'Gara, or Gryz. At least they have seen actual game-time.

Frank Corrado and Joe Morrow are case studies as to why teams shouldn't carry 8 D-men. Barring injuries, the 8th guy simply doesn't play enough.

I'm surprised he hasn't been asked to pull a conditioning stint in Providence by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad