Pre-Game Talk: Game #59 2/19 8:30 PM - BRUINS at San Jose | NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins are having an interesting day so far. They flew out of Bedford at 9 AM and stopped in Milwaukee. I am guessing they may have stopped there to pick up other players who were away for the break to avoid flying back to Boston. But Milwaukee?

Anyhow they are expected in California in a couple of hours.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ2156/history/20170218/1724Z/KMKE/KSJC

Apparently they will hold a practice when they arrive in San Jose.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Any word on Austin Czarnik's injury? Be nice to see him in for Hayes. Spooner-Czarnik-Vatrano. Not much size but a lot of skill

I honestly thought to myself for a second, "Claude won't let that happen" and then I remembered...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Had it in my head that they were playing tonight.......

This is going to be a long 26:40

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If the Bruins can pull off a win, it will bolster their confidence considering the abysmal record of teams coming off the bye week. Fingers crossed.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This should be a really good game as a gauge. Was the first win against them adrenaline or are the Bruins for real?

Need 4 points in California.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm bracing myself for a loss. With the introduction of the bye week, NHL teams have an abysmal record coming off the bye. Something like 3-10-2 as of this afternoon, I think - maybe not that exactly, but it was BAD.

Bye week is different than having a few days with no games - with normal days off, you still have the routine of daily practice, hanging out with the boys, maybe even a little lunch or snack prepared by the team's caterer. Bye week, you're arranging a trip to take your girlfriend/wife/family on vacation, and while you're staying conditioned, it's still not the same as practicing with everyone else. Even if a small group of guys stays in town and manages to cobble together a captain's practice, it's not the same.

So, Sharks win, 3-1, or 4-1 with an ENG.....but we get both games in the LA area.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm bracing myself for a loss. With the introduction of the bye week, NHL teams have an abysmal record coming off the bye. Something like 3-10-2 as of this afternoon, I think - maybe not that exactly, but it was BAD.

Bye week is different than having a few days with no games - with normal days off, you still have the routine of daily practice, hanging out with the boys, maybe even a little lunch or snack prepared by the team's caterer. Bye week, you're arranging a trip to take your girlfriend/wife/family on vacation, and while you're staying conditioned, it's still not the same as practicing with everyone else. Even if a small group of guys stays in town and manages to cobble together a captain's practice, it's not the same.

So, Sharks win, 3-1, or 4-1 with an ENG.....but we get both games in the LA area.

Sharks will be playing a back to back ( Arizona tonight ) so that might help .

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

The Sharks haven't exactly had to play their ***es off tonight either. Scored on their 4th, 5th and 14th shots and can pretty much coast to victory now.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Sharks will be playing a back to back ( Arizona tonight ) so that might help .

True, but...unfortunately, the first game was against ARI, and was a 4-1 win for the Sharks, using their backup goalie. My guess is the game wasn't exhausting, and we'll be facing former Bruin Martin Jones instead of facing A. Dell from the other side.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
True, but...unfortunately, the first game was against ARI, and was a 4-1 win for the Sharks, using their backup goalie. My guess is the game wasn't exhausting, and we'll be facing former Bruin Martin Jones instead of facing A. Dell from the other side.

Dude, we're not getting A. Dell?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Dude, we're not getting A. Dell?
therapy.gif

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
All 5 teams on Saturday coming off the bye week lost ...Bruins are breaking that streak tomorrow Please keep someone close to Burns.:):)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Same Jones who let in 6 vs Florida :sarcasm:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like that 4th line.

Need a wing to replace Hayes and they are golden as far as the forward group goes

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Teams are now 3-12-2 coming out of the bye week

Sharks are also flying back from Arizona, where they played last night. Not ideal circumstances for either team really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad