Post-Game Talk: Game 58: Habs spank Flyers 5-2

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Useless stats sometimes… L’Antichambre just showed that RHP is the 4th (or 5th?) best Habs ever… for the most points… as a left winger… after their first 14 games as a Hab

I mean it’s nice, but what is that stat :laugh:
He's probably also one of the greatest Habs ever with a hyphenated last name!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We haven't passed them yet. They're still 2 pts up. They have a slightly better ppg (.467 to .466). Flyers also hold the first tie breaker.

Flyers are @ NJD tonight.

Sens love coming out & playing Montreal hard. Sens are 6-3-1 in last 10, but have lost 2 in a row. I expect they won't want to lose 3 in a row.
We have 2 games in hand and they suck meanwhile we seem to want to play like the cup is on the line

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He should have never been fired, at least he understood the tank. The shrimp should have been working with the kids in the back ground while the tank commander did his work. Should have extended him until the end ot this season.

This is hilarious. How are young players supposed to get better if they get blasted each night? This is the sort of internet thinking that people say all the time but makes zero sense in practice.

We have 2 games in hand and they suck meanwhile we seem to want to play like the cup is on the line

This is excellent because it means that St.Louis is doing good work with his players. If it wasn't obvious, the Canadiens should absolutely NOT want to see players, whoever they are, going through the motions. Anyone who sees this as a negative should not be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus26 and Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm starting to wonder how much adding two puck-moving, offensive D-men to the lineup in Barron and Matheson has helped offense with guys like Drouin, Hoffman, Dadonov, and Anderson.

It's hard to create offense if you don't have a good transition game. Matheson and Barron are very good at quickly moving the puck towards the offensive zone.
This can't be underestimated enough
Edmundson has been THAT bad this year.. and we play him as a #1 LD lmao, the second he went down the team was better lol, sigh

(Barron over wideman helped a ton too)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm starting to wonder how much adding two puck-moving, offensive D-men to the lineup in Barron and Matheson has helped offense with guys like Drouin, Hoffman, Dadonov, and Anderson.

It's hard to create offense if you don't have a good transition game. Matheson and Barron are very good at quickly moving the puck towards the offensive zone.

Matheson has had a tough season with injury setbacks. I hesitated to evaluate him because it is tough to join a new team where you suffer a significant injury during training camp, and then miss significant time again later in the year.

I don't think he's as good as his goals and assists suggest lately, but I certainly think it was unfair to label him as trash before hand.

Hopefully he stays healthier next year and we can get a more reasonable read on him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Makes himself into a f***ing anchor and then goes near PPG when we need to lose.

I'll never hate a player more than him and Drouin for this shit.

Would be hilarious if they didn't even garner trade interest, borderline tragic. Their best play as Habs are when we needed them least.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would be hilarious if they didn't even garner trade interest, borderline tragic. Their best playa a Habs are when we needed them least.

They legitimately won't.. every insider has said so. Drouin and Hoffman, nobody wants them lmfao.

I can't tell you two more useless players in every possible way.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
A solid win by the Habs. Outplayed the Flyers for most of the 60 minutes. Young guys looked good. Nice to see Ylonen score his first of the year on that re-direct. Many of the veterans in the lineup also have been playing quite well.

In general, I like the way the Habs have played this year, which could have been a very tough year, but they have handled themselves quite well and have been competing hard, which is great to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad