GDT: Game 58 Habs Host the Hopefully not so Wile E.Coyotes 02/10 4pm PT/5pm MT/6pm CT/7pm ET/8pm AT/830NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Scratched: Christian Folin, Jordan Weal, Jake Evans
Injured: Shea Weber (lower body), Paul Byron (knee)

Scratched: Robbie Russo, Michael Grabner
Injured: Darcy Kuemper (lower body), Jason Demers (lower body), Oliver Ekman-Larsson (lower body)

Please excuse the early GDT style format. I've been called back to work early due to a snowfall warning so I'm planning ahead. I've made it a Pre-Game Talk Thread & will switch it to a GDT tonight. I'll update the lineups as information is released tomorrow morning :thumbu:
The Coyote stuck in the grill was shocking, completely uncalled for , what the hell were you thinking ?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Domi wont hit 50 points this year. In fact I predict Suzuki ends up with more points.

Domi has been bad in all 3 zones all season.
The Coyotes Domi showed up. After all, there is a reason they got him for Chucky.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Seeing Domi leading in PP minutes but only has 1 goal really bothers me.

And I know that he has never neen big hitter in his career but seeing him last in hits also bothers me. He's not having a good offensive season, defensively he's a wreck, he can at least do some forecheck and finishing his hits.
Those are DD powerplay numbers

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
A bit unrelated but I never understood what happen to Phoenix's Henrik Samuelsson. Fell off a cliff after a great AHL season and 3 NHL games.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Kulak is playing with Petry. I wonder if he was on his natural side with Weber or now with Petry.(LD or RD)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The Coyote stuck in the grill was shocking, completely uncalled for , what the hell were you thinking ?
I was going for a theme with the cartoon clips. As noted, the coyote was fine, otherwise I would not have used it :thumbu:
GDT: Game #58 Habs Host the (Hopefully not so Wile E.) Coyotes Feb 10th 4pm PT/ 5pm MT/ 6pm CT/ 7pm ET/

and 8PM AT/ (Maritimes) ;)
Gotcha

I presumed the coyote was fine (didn't notice your small print) since it certainly didn't look stressed. Actually looked fairly comfortable. Any idea how it got there? It certainly didn't get 'hit' by the car and got stuck so I'm presuming it voluntarily went in there thinking it's shelter?

This story is from USA today, the CTV one has a few click-bait items clogging it up.
Woman drives 20 miles with coyote 'embedded' in car
Go :habsGo​

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Too bad Price will be forced to play every game down the stretch. Hard to comprehend why we cant find a competent back up.
If we had, even a lower-tier average defence instead of absolute 5 lane highway funnelled straight to our goalie, our backups may have a chance of looking competent. At this rate, we need a goalie like Price just to make our D look semi-average.

Reactions: Tyson

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I was going for a theme with the cartoon clips. As noted, the coyote was fine, otherwise I would not have used it :thumbu:

Gotcha
Go :habsGo​
I presumed the coyote was fine (didn't notice your small print) since it certainly didn't look stressed. Actually looked fairly comfortable. Any idea how it got there? It certainly didn't get 'hit' by the car and got stuck so I'm presuming it voluntarily went in there thinking it's shelter?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Why should we fear Wile E. Coyote as the thread title indicates when 99.999999% percent of the time he ends up falling into the ravine, with rocks crushing him or simply exploding?

We should instead embrace our inner roadrunners (I don't suppose you guys are any more aware of the complex intricacies of wonder chicken psychology as I am, but we'll still manage to play our part well if we don't forget to''Meep. Meep!'' every so often) and hope Arizona prepares its finest Wile E. Coyote moment in conjunction.

Anyways, uselessly overcomplicated parable aside, I hope we blow Arizona out of the water and win again tomorrow.

Cheers to all of you.

I realize who we are playing and all but are you sure we aren't the Wile e. Coyote this game?

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Carey Price..his career record vs Arizona is really good..

12 wins - 1 loss
Really?? Wow. That's about six seasons worth of stats, right? It's interesting how certain player have such lopsided statistics against one team, even with so much roster turnover.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Another playoff game tonight, that's what two 8 game losing streaks does to a team.

Losing every game to Detroit, losing record on home ice...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Busy week ahead with some tough teams on the schedule.

This week could dash or fan the playoff drive flames.

I think the habs have won 9/12 for a .750 win percentage. To put things in perspective they need like a .760 win percentage the rest of the way to get to 99 points, which the bar is set at right now.... So even this run of 12 games may not be a good enough pace.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Both teams have an identical record, I find that very odd for some reason. Arizona been trending down since they acquired Hall but Habs may still find a way to lose.

Reactions: David Suzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad