GDT: Game 58: Avs vs Blues | 1 PM MT | February 16, 2019

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Maybe the most important game so far this season. A win here could rejuvenate the team, while a loss might make them believe the last win was just an anomaly.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
We must believe in the heart of the cards so a win can be drawn.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Avs will do the most predictable thing and instead of using the momentum of the last game to propel them to victory will somehow get beaten like a redheaded stepchild

7-2 Blues

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Avs will do the most predictable thing and instead of using the momentum of the last game to propel them to victory will somehow get beaten like a redheaded stepchild

7-2 Blues
We are trash at home for some reason. Complete opposite of last year

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
it's worse because they give you hope. Like oh is this the squad? nope. Mega nope.
The Avs either show up and smoke the blues, or don't show up. Hopefully they show up, because our playoffs hopes are in big trouble if they don't

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Gonna say today is the day the big line finally wakes up in a big way.

5-2 Avs win, Top line combines for 11 points including a Hatty from Mack and 5 points from Rantanen.

Tank commander! Unicorns do exist!

tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Going to be a tough game. Blues are really good and even when Varlamov is playing well Tank seems to have his number.

I know people look at the standings and think this is a must win but in all honesty the Blues aren't a team we need to worry about. They're making the playoffs regardless so their success in a game like this isn't relevant. Minnesota is the team we're chasing.

This isn't a 4 point game, it's a 2 point game. Hope we win, but if we don't it's not the end of the world. Obviously we have to start stringing some wins together if we want any chance at the playoffs anyway but this simply isn't a game I expect to win.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Looks like no Steen for the Blues, Fabbri in, and Allen in net.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Defense pairing suggestion...

61613CC8-D0A4-4AAB-B047-4F14F36E1106.png

CD41D55F-077A-4480-B98E-9C8299434E09.png

Worth a shot for a bit. Especially at home where you can match lines. You can strategically shelter from an ozone/dzone perspective too.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Defense pairing suggestion...

View attachment 187341

View attachment 187343

Worth a shot for a bit. Especially at home where you can match lines. You can strategically shelter from an ozone/dzone perspective too.

My first thought on this.. Other than using that pair completely based on the situation. I'd rather Girard not have to be the DFD lol. It is bad enough EJ is all over the place lately.

Also Bednar does use them together when chasing at times, but it is fairly sheltered for good reason. Which has an effect on those numbers.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Sitting here at the game, watching warmups.

What’s with the rainbow colored tape on the players’ stick blades?

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Let’s bring the extreme negativity again. Worked against the Jets.

I think MacKinnon doesn’t want to be in Colorado anymore.
Nate’s got zero hockey IQ.
Mikko is an overrated bum who can’t skate.
Landy is a (handsome) overachieving, dirty, third line grinder at best.

Reactions: Avs71

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Going to be a tough game. Blues are really good and even when Varlamov is playing well Tank seems to have his number.

I know people look at the standings and think this is a must win but in all honesty the Blues aren't a team we need to worry about. They're making the playoffs regardless so their success in a game like this isn't relevant. Minnesota is the team we're chasing.

This isn't a 4 point game, it's a 2 point game. Hope we win, but if we don't it's not the end of the world. Obviously we have to start stringing some wins together if we want any chance at the playoffs anyway but this simply isn't a game I expect to win.
We most likely shouldn't worry about the blues, or trying to catch them, but losing to them today, would eliminate any reasonable chance at 3rd in the West.

That eliminates 1/3 spots available, and hurts our chances, no matter how unlikely they are.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We most likely shouldn't worry about the blues, or trying to catch them, but losing to them today, would eliminate any reasonable chance at 3rd in the West.

That eliminates 1/3 spots available, and hurts our chances, no matter how unlikely they are.

We're not getting 3rd in the West regardless. That is the Blues spot and they will have it without any push back.

As Eddie said the team we're chasing is Minnesota, and possibly Dallas as I'm not totally convinced they're playoff bound yet either.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Every game is important so I want the win. I'm just saying if they lose this game I'll be upset over not getting two points, but I'm not going to work myself up over the Blues being the team to get those two points.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad