Pre-Game Talk: Game #58 - 2/12 7:30 PM - Poutineville visits BRUINS - NBCSN, SN, RDS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins are winless in their last 9 home games of this lifetime series at 0-7-2 with their last win over the Canadiens in Boston a 2-1 victory on Jan. 12, 2012.

That was over FIVE years ago when the B's were defending Cup champs. :rant::rant:

It ends tonight.

John Forslund (play-by-play) and Brian Boucher (‘Inside-the-Glass’) will call Canadiens-Bruins on NBCSN from TD Garden

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This is a statement game. A marquee game. A home game. A playoff push game. A 'please add to this core and not sell' game. An 'I can coach in the NHL' game. An 'I can beat the Habs' game. An 'I belong in the NHL' game.

Or this is the same old Bruins that have shown up over the last three years and are playoff DNQers.

Boston Bruins, decide which one you are and play your game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Trust me.As sure as that sun comes up Emelin is going to try and smoke Pastrnak. McQuaid needs to smash his teethe out the first time he tries it .The guy tries to hurt skill players everytime on Bruins Enough Send the message loud and clear it's over...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
A win against MTL could be huge for this team going into the bye week. They'll be feeling good about the system and I think a team building west coast trip where everyone is positive could be big for this team.

I'd love to see them chase Price tomorrow. I mean it'll be a huge boost in confidence just to beat MTL, but if they can chase Price it'll get the monkey of their back with that team.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
if we win this we are looking better for a stretch run

however when things look good and we play MTL, things usually go very bad.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I can see this being a game that decides a lot. You win this one against a team that always beats you, 3 win mojo, team starts to believe in itself. You lose it and it's probably win-lose-win-win-lose-lose the rest of the way and you maybe don't get in. I rarely like to point to one game as the game that decided the fate of a team, but this one is just giant.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I can see this being a game that decides a lot. You win this one against a team that always beats you, 3 win mojo, team starts to believe in itself. You lose it and it's probably win-lose-win-win-lose-lose the rest of the way and you maybe don't get in. I rarely like to point to one game as the game that decided the fate of a team, but this one is just giant.

exciting that we were able to get within striking distance of MTL. This is definitely the most important game of the year year and its vs the rival habs. lots of hype to this game.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'm really interested in this game, it has lots of signs of a loss written on it, yet lots of signs of a win written all over it.

I'm liking this new bruins and the way they play, it's unfortunate it may be too little too late at this point but, it's good to see them at least headed in a better direction before the season is over

Rask should be motivated to win this one today and make it a streak, the boys should have had enough rest between these two

I want to see them get in prices grill like they've been doing now under Cassidy the past two games, I want to see them come back stronger if they get scored on

Pasta with 2
Cehlarik with his first

Bruins win in a 5-4 shootout (the ok corral kind not the bettman kind), it's going to be a wild one

Orrfourever

Bruinaholic
Nov 29, 2016
Saskatchewan, Canada
The Canadian are trending down. The Bruins are trending up. It's that simple.

BRUINS WIN.

I like the sounds of 10-0...

Go Bruins!!!

yIVfUaC.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's not forget that the Bruins beat the Habs at Bell Centre in their last meeting, so it would be nice to take this one in regulation.

The Bruins are on a home winning streak - this would be the icing on the cake (gateau) going in the bye week.

GO BRUINS!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Trust me.As sure as that sun comes up Emelin is going to try and smoke Pastrnak. McQuaid needs to smash his teethe out the first time he tries it .The guy tries to hurt skill players everytime on Bruins Enough Send the message loud and clear it's over...

I hate Emelin...I want to hit him myself. :rant:

So once again the weather isn't going to be good. Be careful to all going to the game. It could be a nasty drive home.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

:rant: Killer needs to put Emelin thru the boards tonight, make a statement that it's a new day!:handclap:

Exactly, this is the first day of the rest of the season. Take 'em out and take NO prisoners! DESTROY THEMMMMM.................:eek:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
From a sheer entertainment standpoint, how great would it be if the Canadiens continue to falter down the stretch and decide to pull a Devils and move on from Therrien with a handful of games left and bring in.....

Wait for it....

Clode

Would the Bruins veto?

A boy can dream....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
From a sheer entertainment standpoint, how great would it be if the Canadiens continue to falter down the stretch and decide to pull a Devils and move on from Therrien with a handful of games left and bring in.....

Wait for it....

Clode

Would the Bruins veto?

A boy can dream....

Yikes, please no

I am, at this moment listening to the Marek vs Wyshynski and they feel he`ll wind up in Florida and I heard rumblings on TSN Radio out of Montreal that the Panthers are very interested in approaching him at years end.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Big test for the boys tonight! This will be a telling game one way or the other. Hopefully they attack the net down low like they did against San Jose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad