GDT: Game #58 - 08.02.14 - v. Бродячие собаки - 19:00 PM - TXA21 - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Primetimey*

Well now we are in the playoff hunt/picture. Lets not **** this up like years past. No more seven game losing streaks please.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It was a great performance at 5 on 5, but the play at special teams was no good. Dallas needs to look at improving both the power play and the penalty kill, if they need some other pieces to do that hopefully Jim Nill looks into that at the deadline.

What was wrong with the PK?

MetalGodAOD*

As stoked as I am about being in 8th going into the break, I can't help but feel like this is deja vu. So many years in the past this team was in a playoff position or striking range going into the ASB or Olympics, only to falter right when they come back.

I hope the influx of youthful legs, veteran coaching staff, and new team identity will avoid history repeating itself. But I can't help but slightly feel like we've done this before only to be burned. Hope I'm wrong. As Lobo has said in the past, after 6 years of this, it's hard not to expect the floor to fall out every night. Until I see that X next to our name in the standings, I can't be comfortable or too excited.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
What was wrong with the PK?

The main problem with the penalty kill tonight and on the year is that they have been letting way to many pucks through and forcing Lehtonen to turn away shot after shot. It had been getting better in the last couple of weeks with great effort by the penalty killing players at preventing the opposition from entering the zone, but there was a bit of a relapse tonight.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Good win.

I don't know what sucks more, no Stars for two plus weeks or having my puppy in her kennel for the first night (brought her home today).

aloonda*

just got home from the game

thoughts

1. captain benn set the tone
2. kconn has a lazer
3. cole is a moose that I would like to keep
4. I wonder if phx will try to offer up for whitney now?
5. oel was nifty at times--impressive player
6. doan was quite whiny
7. ribs-wonder what he said/did to earn that unsportsmanlike?
8. kari was really locked in tonight
9 the little kid that skated up to kari and just stared at him for the anthem? that was priceless
10. them playing givin the dog a bone from acdc in warmups--awesome---the music the rest of the night sucked
11. I am getting sick of idiots at games that come in and out during play---some nights it's like an epidemic

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
If Benn looks like a complete superstar in Sochi and comes back in that first game and looks like he gives two craps about the game, then you think that this will definitely be deja vu.

I don't know, Morrow was really bad for us that year and Benn has been as good as can be expected so far, and particularly good lately.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Pics needed. :handclap:

Luna Mo: image.jpg

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
I don't know, Morrow was really bad for us that year and Benn has been as good as can be expected so far, and particularly good lately.

I think I underrated Benn a bit going into this season and even early on this year. He has been outstanding.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
8th seed! HELL YEAH! Never thought we would be able to climb back after that losing streak, thank you Vancouver. :handclap:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
As stoked as I am about being in 8th going into the break, I can't help but feel like this is deja vu. So many years in the past this team was in a playoff position or striking range going into the ASB or Olympics, only to falter right when they come back.

I hope the influx of youthful legs, veteran coaching staff, and new team identity will avoid history repeating itself. But I can't help but slightly feel like we've done this before only to be burned. Hope I'm wrong. As Lobo has said in the past, after 6 years of this, it's hard not to expect the floor to fall out every night. Until I see that X next to our name in the standings, I can't be comfortable or too excited.

i'm banking on ruff's willingness to actually play all 4 lines as a boon to avoid a late season falter.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
i'm banking on ruff's willingness to actually play all 4 lines as a boon to avoid a late season falter.
This doesn't feel like the typical pretrade deadline hot streak because Ruff has these fools playing defense right now. If the group continues to buy into things I think we are watching a playoff team with enough talent that I don't think anyone would look forward to facing them.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Missed last nights game, so pumped we won. Can't believe this team is in the playoff spot after that horrible January we had. Lets hope this years team will actually come through this year and not choke.

Also how did Big Val play? I watched the game rewind and saw he had two post + his goal.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Missed last nights game, so pumped we won. Can't believe this team is in the playoff spot after that horrible January we had. Lets hope this years team will actually come through this year and not choke.

Also how did Big Val play? I watched the game rewind and saw he had two post + his goal.

He looked great. Only "bad" play I remember is him opting to pass to Seguin when he had a clear shot from 6 feet out of the crease.

He drilled those post shots.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
He looked great. Only "bad" play I remember is him opting to pass to Seguin when he had a clear shot from 6 feet out of the crease.

He drilled those post shots.

Good to hear. And it seems like that is one of his problems, he needs to utilize his shot more rather than passing it as much as he does. Those post shots showed us how unreal his shot is.

Phil Connors*

This doesn't feel like the typical pretrade deadline hot streak because Ruff has these fools playing defense right now. If the group continues to buy into things I think we are watching a playoff team with enough talent that I don't think anyone would look forward to facing them.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups

I think we could upset the Ducks, just like in our last playoff run.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That first posts was one of the louder I've heard in a while. He just drilled it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad