GDT: Game #58 - 08.02.14 - v. Бродячие собаки - 19:00 PM - TXA21 - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Brand New Stars

Yeah Chicago matches up really well against Dallas. I'd much rather play Anaheim or St Louis.

Phil Connors*

Yeah Chicago matches up really well against Dallas. I'd much rather play Anaheim or St Louis.

Yea, I don't know if I'd even watch a playoff series against Chicago, it'd be that bad. St. Louis is pretty good at shutting us down too, and getting us to play their boring game.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He looked great. Only "bad" play I remember is him opting to pass to Seguin when he had a clear shot from 6 feet out of the crease.

The Phoenix commentators were like "wtf is he doing, he's right in front of the net!" :laugh: Showed him pissed off on the bench after that play so it seems he realized his mistake right after.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yea, I don't know if I'd even watch a playoff series against Chicago, it'd be that bad. St. Louis is pretty good at shutting us down too, and getting us to play their boring game.

You're kidding, right? Miss the playoffs for half a decade and we could play a team full of actual demons and I would watch.

aloonda*

really?

:shakehead

the only bad part would be the home games with all of the bandwagon hawk fans acting like tools in the aac

everything else? let's compete:yo:

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Val leads the team in shooting percentage, so yeah he needs to shoot more often and that first post shot, he abused the puck there. As loud as you will hear. He needs to be more selfish.

Just like KC needs to use his shot more because it's hard and generally accurate.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I'd be thrilled to go 5 games against either STL or CHI, and think we have a chance at upsetting anyone else if we get in.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Val leads the team in shooting percentage, so yeah he needs to shoot more often and that first post shot, he abused the puck there. As loud as you will hear. He needs to be more selfish.

Yep. He's on pace for around 125 shots this season, which is pretty low. A lot of young players are a little trigger shy their rookie seasons so hopefully he gets a little comfortable in his role next year.

On the topic of taking shots, Benn is on pace for a record number of shots taken. He's the kind of guy who should be up around 280+ shots every year in order to keep teams honest in how they defend him.

Phil Connors*

You're kidding, right? Miss the playoffs for half a decade and we could play a team full of actual demons and I would watch.

Jesus Christ y'all. Of course I'm kidding, I'm just trying to emphasize the beating we would receive if we did play them.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
If we get in (please God), we'll be a scary team to face. I highly doubt the Ducks want to face us in the first round.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
If we get in (please God), we'll be a scary team to face. I highly doubt the Ducks want to face us in the first round.

That's the only team I care to face (well if they don't drop from top spot in the Pacific at least). I'm confident against any team from out West honestly. Ridiculous how well we've played all of them this year (even the loss to ANA out there, we were up 3-1 before exploding).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad