GDT: Game 57: Van @ Col February 20, 2024 7PM (MT) [Tired of late GDTs edition]

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That team is on back to back road games.
I mean sure, except they were embarrassed the night before and wanted to make up for it.

Vancouver played about as good as they can, especially defensively. Not sure they made a defensive mistake all night. 2 fluky RyJo goals and a hot George is what beat them. One goal off the back board and the other off Cole's glove. That was a top tier effort from them.

Reactions: GeoRox89

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
For one night, and probably one night only, we had a 2C AND a pretty good starting goalie and look what happens. We win.

RyJo & 4giev won us that game, how strange is that?

Overall, this was a fun one. Nucks are legit, Avs could be if these two fellas FINALLY find their game. I still don't believe it, but at least for tonight, i like those two. Next game it's likely different ... ^^
Right it's amazing what two little fixes would do for this team. But unfortunately we won't ever see it since our GM is completely clueless.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are we saying that RyJo looked good because he got two goals? Or are we saying he looked good because he truly did? I ask because one of his goals last night was a floater which Ian Cole put in his own net.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are we saying that RyJo looked good because he got two goals? Or are we saying he looked good because he truly did? I ask because one of his goals last night was a floater which Ian Cole put in his own net.

I have to begrudgingly admit that he hasn't looked terrible the last few games or so. But I think most rational people around here, and even some of the irrational ones, aren't overreacting to him scoring two goals on two shots. Vancouver just got PDO'd after PDO'ing most of the league this entire season.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I have to admit the effort is noticeable since the last team players meeting but nothing to write home about. They still need to upgrade on him.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I have to admit the effort is noticeable since the last team players meeting but nothing to write home about. They still need to upgrade on him.

I didn’t really watch the ‘Yotes game but against the Nucks, I saw him throw his body around and even start a scrum after the whistle. Not much but more than ive seen all year.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Very interesting game. Didn't think Vancouver looked bad in the second of a back to back. Made for a good measuring stick, and the Avs are still missing some horses.

Avs won because they didn't fall prey to what has been their problems all year. They competed hard, they defended hard, and outside a couple giveaways that led to scrambles in the 3rd by Makar and Girard, they limited the turnovers.

PK was also a huge part of the win. This has been killing them lately. Great play by Girard winning the battle in the corner for a much needed clear. Key part of the game when Vancouver was looking dangerous.

Thought Georgie stuck with it and battled all night. Demko looked scary af, but love seeing Georgie stick with him and come out with the win only giving up 1 goal. Amazing what an impact it has on his save %, when the team defends hard in front of him, and limits the turnovers.

Crazy that Cale has gone 6 games without a point now. Not sure if it's ben mentioned, but looking at his game log, the most he'd ever gone before this without a point, was three games.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He was shit still.

Very interesting game. Didn't think Vancouver looked bad in the second of a back to back. Made for a good measuring stick, and the Avs are still missing some horses.

Avs won because they didn't fall prey to what has been their problems all year. They competed hard, they defended hard, and outside a couple giveaways that led to scrambles in the 3rd by Makar and Girard, they limited the turnovers.

PK was also a huge part of the win. This has been killing them lately. Great play by Girard winning the battle in the corner for a much needed clear. Key part of the game when Vancouver was looking dangerous.

Thought Georgie stuck with it and battled all night. Demko looked scary af, but love seeing Georgie stick with him and come out with the win only giving up 1 goal. Amazing what an impact it has on his save %, when the team defends hard in front of him, and limits the turnovers.

Crazy that Cale has gone 6 games without a point now. Not sure if it's ben mentioned, but looking at his game log, the most he'd ever gone before this without a point, was three games.
Hes done everything the last 2 goals but get a point. I thought he was solid early in the Zona game and last night. He's been dancing the last few games.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He was shit still.

Hes done everything the last 2 goals but get a point. I thought he was solid early in the Zona game and last night. He's been dancing the last few games.

Yeah he's been better lately. His shot hasn't been accurate for a little while though. That's what's holding back the points lately.

Also the PP not clicking and Nate not fully back to form after the ASG. Not to mention Mikko has played a little worse lately, and Drouin has been a little up and down. Impacts the assist totals.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah he's been better lately. His shot hasn't been accurate for a little while though. That's what's holding back the points lately.

Also the PP not clicking and Nate not fully back to form after the ASG. Not to mention Mikko has played a little worse lately, and Drouin has been a little up and down. Impacts the assist totals.
Yah. I think Makar hit the post in the Zona game too. If only he finished off that series of dekes in the first last night.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
He was shit still.
Yeah, he wasn't really any different. Got a gift goal off a rebound that Demko completely misplayed. Then another off a weak shot he threw at the net that Ian Cole decided he'd try and block with his arm instead of just letting his goalie make the save. Otherwise, outside of his normally noticeable slowness/laziness, he was irrelevant.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad