GDT: Game 57: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 2/8/20 7:00pm EST CBC, TVA Hockey Day in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The curry has been eaten, the late night snacks are in the fridge, the Belgian beers are in the fridge (and already on the go to be honest) and Mrs Walrus is perfectly happy for me to stay up past 2am as long as the headphones stay on.

Habs vs Leafs on the HNIC broadcast incoming.

You've got 12 hours of beer's worth in the fridge or does beer stop around 2nd intermission kind of thing?

We're 1-0-0 all-time when I disclose what I'm drinking during the game, was Creemore Boundless IPA against the Ducks. It'll be Mill St West Coast IPA against the Leafs. :)

Also,

THERE Renaud THERE!!!!

Last edited:

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
You still have over 6 hours to go, hope you make it. :laugh:

Pacing myself seriously on those beers for sure. 10% abv ;-)

st-bernardus-abt-12-13l.jpg

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
You've 12 hours of beer's worth in the fridge or does beer stop around 2nd intermission kind of thing?

We're 1-0-0 all-time when I disclose what I'm drinking during the game, was Creemore Boundless IPA against the Ducks. It'll be Mill St West Coast IPA against the Leafs. :)

Also,

THERE Renaud THERE!!!!

We visit Belgium twice a year to load up - here's what's still left out in the shed tonight:

upload_2020-2-8_18-52-49.jpeg

The pre-game warm up line up (weighing in at 9% and 11.7% respectively) looks like this:

upload_2020-2-8_18-55-18.jpeg

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Looking forward to this one.

Sadly, this game is going to be like the Hab's Stanley Cup for this season.

This last stretch is our playoffs. Catching the Leafs and Florida - and holding off Buffalo - is our best chance, of all the virtually impossible scenarios.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Please put Suzuki on danaults spot. He deserves it and if it's a loss, I'd want Suzuki for Calder

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Please put Suzuki on danaults spot. He deserves it and if it's a loss, I'd want Suzuki for Calder

There is 99.99 % chance of the Calder going to Makar. The best I can see Suzuki going is 2nd place and even then he would have to beat Quinn Hughes. I'd say he has a good fighting chance at 3rd versus Olofsson/Kubalik/Necas/Marino/Fox.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
There is 99.99 % chance of the Calder going to Makar. The best I can see Suzuki going is 2nd place and even then he would have to beat Quinn Hughes. I'd say he has a good fighting chance at 3rd versus Olofsson/Kubalik/Necas/Marino/Fox.

Is elvis merzlikins too old for it?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What would be our lineup with Drouin?

This would be mine:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Kovalchuk - Suzuki - Drouin
Lekhonen - Domi - Armia
Cousins - Thompson - Evans

Reactions: Born in 1909

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sorry guys but I think the Leafs win this handily. Matthews with at least 2 goals tonight.

Lots of Leaf fans though are already whining and using the back to back game excuse just in case their Leafs do lose this one though. It's so unfair the NHL hates the Leafs. :sarcasm:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry guys but I think the Leafs win this handily. Matthews with at least 2 goals tonight.

Lots of Leaf fans though are already whining and using the back to back game excuse just in case their Leafs do lose this one though. It's so unfair the NHL hates the Leafs. :sarcasm:

I wonder if they complained last night when they got the ducks on their b2b.

But this is a really big game for them, seriously. The schedule looks like this:

Carolina vs Vegas in vegas

Florida vs washington

Flyers vs Pittsburgh.

No gimme points are out there for the borderline playoff teams. This is a day for a team like the Leafs to make their move in that borderline playoff pack.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Suzuki is only 6 points away from the lead with 26 games left to go.. And he’s on fire..

Reactions: Born in 1909

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Suzuki is only 6 points away from the lead with 26 games left to go.. And he’s on fire..

True but he would have to blow by Makar in points to win. If he ties, or only beats him by a few points. IMO Makar would still get it, due to being a defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad