GDT: Game 57: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 2/8/20 7:00pm EST CBC, TVA Hockey Day in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I expect he is. Keefe was not kind about Hutchinson after his last game on Wednesday.
But didnt mention that on the goal he was referring to (the 4th one) Matthews in a weak effort gave the puck away up the middle right to a Ranger ...who scored.
Or Marner just watching his man Krieder go from center right to the leaf net..... and score.

Hutch is not good enough for the NHL. Rather than Keefe telling the media "we need a save" He should be telling Dubas long ago "we need more than one NHL goalie"

Campbell gave up 4 last night with a save percentage of under 900. At home , against the lousy Ducks, who were on a the end of a back to back, 3rd game in four nights.Hutchinson like numbers.

The loafs needed a 4 on 3 in overtime to get the win.

They are 29th in goals allowed (with Anderson)

Contender... my ass. :laugh:

Last edited:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I just worry about our defense without Weber against the league's best top goal scorer Matthews, plus Tavares, Marner, and Nylander.
It's going to be an offense focused game with both teams deploying depleted defense corps. That being said, the Habs are a very good possession team and that should make life really difficult for the leafs who really struggle on their breakouts and when pressured. We have a huge advantage in nets too which will be a big factor.

Reactions: 26Mats

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
Expecting a high scoring game given our weak defense and their weak goaltending

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
We can beat them again and go 3-0, plus make up some ground, or lose and declare it's officially over. Hopefully the former happens, and it should be a full house with Leaf fans in town.

GO:habsGO

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Feels like forever since these two met. They must have a few more before this season is over

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I wouldn’t be surprised to see NYLANDER back in. It was probably a 24 hour flu. I’m disappointed Drouin is still holding out even though medically cleared. It has been 3 weeks past what was expected.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised to see NYLANDER back in. It was probably a 24 hour flu. I’m disappointed Drouin is still holding out even though medically cleared. It has been 3 weeks past what was expected.
Now Julien said he could be there. My hope is not quite high but still, it would be great to see a LW composed of Drouin, Kovalchuk and Tatar for tonight!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

LaTenderness

Feb 9, 2019
What did ILYA do to deserve such bum line mates

get him back up on the Hands Line coach..... fa$t

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This game is so, so important. Whatever hopes we have to make the playoffs ride on this one. We HAVE to win this. The difference between 4 points behind and 8 points behind is HUGE.

I dont think it matters either way. Even if they win, they'll fumble those points in their next meeting against Detroit.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

I'm honestly happy that Drouin is taking his time. I don't want any player to be rushed back to play.

Reactions: japhi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad