GDT: Game 57: Stars @ Coyotes - 2/18/16 - 7PM

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
First NHL goal and it's a beaut. Everything is happening.

ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Let's give him a three year deal and make him captain. Eight years of Chipchura. An entire generation of Chipchura. Then make his kid captain. The dynasty of Chipchura.

I like the way you think, in much the same way I like to look at car wrecks.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
12 goals in 2 games, who would have guessed that. Montreal is imploding and no Price, but Dallas is a top team. I don't know how Dallas has that good of a record with that D. I don't think Dallas goes very far if they are giving up 40+ shots to us. Maybe our offense is higher powered now then we all thought. I suspect Dallas took us lightly, maybe why they were off their game. The Blues won't take us lightly after our last 2 games, they will be ready, might be a different story.

Domi/Duclair are unreal, amazing skill we have not seen since JR and Keith. Chip with another good game too, I know you guys hate on him but he has been sharp lately, have to give him credit.

How about Tip playing LD/Dahlback/Kconn/Martinook/Gaudette/Domi/Duclair, 7 rookies. I think he is starting a new coaching trend called "play the rookies".

The negatives are, still too many D zone turnovers, poor first passes, and too many dumb penalties, but they are sure fun to watch this year!

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
4 lines of forward

We look so much better when we roll 4 lines of forward. Once they made the trade for Connatun and Tinordi. We did not look very good for several games. The last game with a terrible Montreal team we finally looked good. Glad Tiki was back in the lineup. I like how he plays at both ends of the ice.

The whole splitting up Domi/Duclair thing is still a head scratcher.

Tip - can you please stop putting Vermette and Doan out when we have a 4 on 3 PP. It hasn't looked good all year. Other teams get lots of scoring chances - we struggle to get a good look.

How many more points would the rookies have if they were always the first PP and were on the ice for 4 on 3 and 5 on 3?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Gotta say, Duclair really is something. When we acquired him in the Yandle trade, I was really concerned he wouldn't be anything more than a 3rd liner. I'm glad im eating crow, he's legit top 6, great hands, great shot, good passing ability. Just needs to put on some weight for the forecheck, and he'd be top line material almost anywhere.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Just back from the game and that was a lot of fun. Thought we'd have a chance or at least make it look respectable after only being down 1-0 after the first period. Who had the Coyotes scoring 6 let alone beating the Stars. Not me. Now if we beat St Louis, that would be sweet. When did we last beat them? March 22, 2011 was the last time we beat the Blues at home. We're due.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Because reasons. Totally arbitrary reasons.

They need to learn to play with different line mates. Otherwise they become the Sedin Sisters, unable to function without the other. It was for their growth that they were separated so much.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
KCon impressed the hell out of me tonight. He did a great job clearing the crease. Murphy played very well, as did Stone. 3rd and 4th lines played very, very well against Dallas.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
The Stars in their 3rd game in 4 nights:

2015-11-03|Bruins|W|5-3
2015-12-04|Oilers|L-OT|2-1|
2015-12-22|Blackhawks|W|4-0
2015-12-29|Blue Jackets|L|6-3
2016-01-03|Islanders|L|6-5
2016-01-05|Rangers|L|6-2
2016-02-16|Blues|L-OT|2-1|
2016-02-18|Coyotes|L|6-3
2016-03-01|Nashville|—|—

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I mentioned this earlier, but I'm still thinking about it...Tippett should give Boedker the "Duclair treatment" by putting him on the 4th line when we face St Louis. Sure Boedker may be angry, but from some of the looks on his face tonight, he needs to be taken down a peg or two. Boedker - Chip - Tikhonov for a game ought to get him to re-focus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad