GDT: Game 57: Stars @ Coyotes - 2/18/16 - 7PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Haha, what?

Retroactive defense of the indefensible. Gives credit to Tippett for purposefully sandbagging his own lineup for 55ish games, plus credit when he puts them together. That's how you arrive at the conclusion he is infallible.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I mentioned this earlier, but I'm still thinking about it...Tippett should give Boedker the "Duclair treatment" by putting him on the 4th line when we face St Louis. Sure Boedker may be angry, but from some of the looks on his face tonight, he needs to be taken down a peg or two. Boedker - Chip - Tikhonov for a game ought to get him to re-focus
Boeds likely gone in 10 days, 4th lining him won't benefit anyone.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Boeds likely gone in 10 days, 4th lining him won't benefit anyone.

It's not like he's playing well enough to boost his value, lately that it matters. Plus, with the way Chip is playing, Boedker might actually score some goals on his passes (since Vermette has apparently forgotten how to properly pass or score when there's a goalie in net). I didn't say 4th line him for the rest of his time here, just one game. Alternatively, I'd be fine with benching him for a game as well.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's not like he's playing well enough to boost his value, lately that it matters. Plus, with the way Chip is playing, Boedker might actually score some goals on his passes (since Vermette has apparently forgotten how to properly pass or score when there's a goalie in net). I didn't say 4th line him for the rest of his time here, just one game. Alternatively, I'd be fine with benching him for a game as well.

Bods does not deserve a demotion to the 4th line. It is not like he is playing poorly and hurting the team all over the ice. He is just not producing points or goals lately. It also seems like the 1st/3rd/4th lines have good chemistry, so they might not want to break up other lines. Also, demoting Bods won't help negotiations or his trade value. I guarantee Tip and DM are chatting and Tip knows exactly the chances of signing Bods or not, so he won't screw up DM/s hand at this point.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Offense is a byproduct of defense. Someday they'll understand THE GAME properly and LEARN from Chip and Richardson, but in the meantime, they're gonna have to pay their dues on the bottom lines.

Afterall, eight games ago there was a 2 on 1 and the other team scored. Duke couldn't reach the rushing bad guys, who were at the Coyotes' blue-line, fast enough, even though he was coming from behind the opponent's goal, so he needs to get benched.

Boedker was standing right next to the bad guys who scored and could have easily broken up the play himself, but he was tired, so it's okay.

What are you talking about?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We sure have sunk fast in the standings. I guess losing a **** load of games will do that. :help:

Totally in the playoff race. I guess winning a few games will do that.

Only 4 pts back from wild card, with 3 games in hand on the Avs.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
kind of ruins my dream of another top 5 pick though.

I'd like a top 5 pick as well, but I'd rather make the playoffs, even if it results in first rd exit. why? Cuz winning breeds winning, plus boosts ticket revenue.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Earlier in the season they would keep getting hemmed in their own zone. They have improved so much since then and they are no doubt our best line. I love watching that line.

Correct, and they were not very good without the puck. Like hbk said, everything is going to plan and the kids are progressing nicely, and I don't just mean Domi and Duclair.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
12 goals in 2 games, who would have guessed that. Montreal is imploding and no Price, but Dallas is a top team. I don't know how Dallas has that good of a record with that D. I don't think Dallas goes very far if they are giving up 40+ shots to us. Maybe our offense is higher powered now then we all thought. I suspect Dallas took us lightly, maybe why they were off their game. The Blues won't take us lightly after our last 2 games, they will be ready, might be a different story.

Domi/Duclair are unreal, amazing skill we have not seen since JR and Keith. Chip with another good game too, I know you guys hate on him but he has been sharp lately, have to give him credit.

How about Tip playing LD/Dahlback/Kconn/Martinook/Gaudette/Domi/Duclair, 7 rookies. I think he is starting a new coaching trend called "play the rookies".

The negatives are, still too many D zone turnovers, poor first passes, and too many dumb penalties, but they are sure fun to watch this year!

The Coyotes continue their roller coaster season. This team is fun too watch even when they lose. Dallas is a very good team with great offense, they just had a off night, but you have to give the Coyotes credit, they played very well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bods does not deserve a demotion to the 4th line. It is not like he is playing poorly and hurting the team all over the ice. He is just not producing points or goals lately. It also seems like the 1st/3rd/4th lines have good chemistry, so they might not want to break up other lines. Also, demoting Bods won't help negotiations or his trade value. I guarantee Tip and DM are chatting and Tip knows exactly the chances of signing Bods or not, so he won't screw up DM/s hand at this point.

Correct. Boeds is playing inconsistent, like he has the last few years. I think he will start to heat up again shortly. Domi was in a slump and no one bagged on him, but everyone is bagging on Boedker. The kids can do no wrong.:sarcasm:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Thoughts on Perlini?

Great skill set. Fantastic shot. Has all the tools you look for skill wise. Suffered immensely by not having anyone to feed him. Think he will be a better pro than junior player. Reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Correct. Boeds is playing inconsistent, like he has the last few years. I think he will start to heat up again shortly. Domi was in a slump and no one bagged on him, but everyone is bagging on Boedker. The kids can do no wrong.:sarcasm:

Just to be clear, you are holding a rookie to the same expectations as a veteran? You don't expect more from a player that should supposedly be in their prime?

Even when Domi was in a rough patch he was creating chances. The same cannot be said about Boedker.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
:laugh:It's funny how that works. Most were predicting a lop sided loss, now they are all giddy and happy.

Dallas is clearly a better team than we are. Should we have expected to dominate them? Should we be upset that we won? I honestly don't get your logic or lack of, 90% of the time.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Just to be clear, you are holding a rookie to the same expectations as a veteran? You don't expect more from a player that should supposedly be in their prime?

Even when Domi was in a rough patch he was creating chances. The same cannot be said about Boedker.

One of them is an 8 year NHL/pro hockey veteran, while they other has barely played 50 games outside of the Junior leagues. :rolleyes:

Dallas is clearly a better team than we are. Should we have expected to dominate them? Should we be upset that we won? I honestly don't get your logic or lack of, 90% of the time.

Yeah, really. Not sure why anyone would be upset about being pleasantly surprised.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'd just like to say that it's a shame how Dave Tippett holds these guys back, stifling their development and his unjustified fear of playing rookies is palatable. :sarcasm:

Of course the reality is that there is some exceptional young talent out there and the coaching this season has done nothing but help fast track them to NHL caliber play. I'm very impressed with the progression I see from these guys at this (the toughest) time of the regular season.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I thought Tyler Gaudet had a really solid game last night, and I'm not even talking about the goal. We may have the Boyd Gordon replacement on our hands here.

Hanzal-Strome-Vermette-Gaudet down the middle next year?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I thought Tyler Gaudet had a really solid game last night, and I'm not even talking about the goal. We may have the Boyd Gordon replacement on our hands here.

Hanzal-Strome-Vermette-Gaudet down the middle next year?

I've been driving the Gaudet fan bus since we signed him. Perfect fit as 4th line C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad