GDT: GAME 57 | Senators @ Predators | Amnesia Edition | Tue Feb 27 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was a big missed opportunity to not take advantage of our protection spots by acquiring players from good teams who couldn't be protected.

Yet another feather in the cap of one of the worst GMs in the league's history.
That was likely a budgetary constraint tbh, I'd lay that blame on Melnyk but at this point it really doesn't matter.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, back on the subj of the game, Norris, Chabot and Sanderson all getting MRIs or something, but Hamonic didn't play most of the third, did he get hurt too?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
These last two games have been so demoralizing after a good stretch of hockey where it was becoming fun to watch the team again, thinking about what may come.

Oh well, I should know better.

I have tickets to three upcoming games, so I’ll still have hockey to enjoy. At home with the game on TV, I’ll try not to get too invested lol

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If Norris is getting an MRI it is probably his shoulder and not a collar bone right?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Norris is getting an MRI it is probably his shoulder and not a collar bone right?
I think so, but maybe because of the prior issues with his shoulder they want to make sure no damage was done there as a precautionary step? I'm really just speculating here as I have no clue...

Reactions: HSF

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
this team really only looks great when Stutzle is cooking. otherwise you're right there is little high end playmaking skill. even scarier is that Giroux career is winding down and he is our only other playmaker.

maybe demidov would be a fit at the draft if not celebrini.

Batherson is another really good playmaker who is locked up for us long term, but his 60 points a season is not making up for his glaring defensive shortcomings.

Now players like Greig and Pinto would be extremely valuable to this Team if they ever hit 60 points, since they have good defensive awareness, and are still improving and are quiet young still.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I just don't think brannstrom fits what we're trying to build. Kastelic is acceptable but he doesn't show the kind of intensity on a game-to-game basis to be an effective NHLer

The thing is if we trade Chychrun, Brannstrom might still be needed, unless maybe we land a super big UFA RHD

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Roy/Pesce
Kleven - JBD
Guenette

If we don't land that UFA guy... I want Brannstrom as an insurance policy because one injury and we're in trouble

Kastelic is young enough, cheap, really good on face-offs, big, can fight and proved to have a bit of a scoring touch in the past. He had some good defensive metrics for the most part too. I think you bring 2 effective 4th liners on his side and he would look better, like with Brannstrom and MacEwen earlier this season or when Kelly was re-discovering what brought him to the NHL

Last edited:

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
This team was run like someone who barely watches hockey. Our old goalie coach was on the radio after we signed Matt Murray and he said he told Dorion to sign him because you need to jump on the chance to sign a goalie who won two Cups. We’ve given away two starting goalies to other teams since then.
I never liked the Murray acquisition. My brother-in-law said at the time "but he's won 2 cups". My reply: "as a tandem with Fleury, never did it on his own. What has Pittsburgh done in the playoffs since Fleury went to Vegas?". Pretty sad when someone like me who has average knowledge of hockey could see this at the time but the "experts" didn't (or wouldn't).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad