GDT: Game 57: Preds @ Blues | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN |

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Shaking your damn head why? The coaches see the shootout moves our players have in practice very day. We don't.

This team that ices Ekholm in the shootout over virtually every forward on the roster needs a serious upgrade in skill that does not come from the blueline.

Last edited by a moderator:

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
This team that ices Ekholm in the shootout over virtually every forward on the roster needs a serious upgrade in skill that does not come from the blueline.

Okay makes sense I definitely agree with that. I took it in a different way that you just didn't like Ekholm personally in a shootout.

Last edited by a moderator:

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
That move by Ellis in the shootout was just sic ...why hasn't he used him all season..
Trotzy ...Trotzy....Trotzy....We had this game and Blues on the ropes and didn't have enough gas to take it and as ususal lost it in the shootout.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
An undeserved point with how we played. We put too little pressure on Elliott and scrambled too much in our end. Fisher with one of the luckiest goals of the year. Tarasenko with a laser to tie it.

WTF was Ekholm doing as a shooter?

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
How much TOI did Moser get? Thought he looked good for his first NHL game...kept seeing him on O-zone chances

About 10:00. Only Clune and Sissons got less. In what little I saw of him, he didn't look out of place.

We played well, and we got a point against a very good St. Louis team that we probably shouldn't have gotten. Now on to a must-win game with Minnesota.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
That move by Ellis in the shootout was just sic ...why hasn't he used him all season..
Trotzy ...Trotzy....Trotzy....We had this game and Blues on the ropes and didn't have enough gas to take it and as ususal lost it in the shootout.

He's been used in the last 3-4 shootouts. Goes to the same forehand, backhand short side every time. Pretty filthy.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
An undeserved point with how we played. We put too little pressure on Elliott and scrambled too much in our end.

Are those serious comments?? Undeserved point?? Too little pressure?

Did we watch the same game??? We put a TON of pressure on Elliott, especially in the 3rd period/OT

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Very few quality chances. Outside presence including Fisher's goal.

Completely disagree.

I'll be the first to dog the team when deserved- but that was a good effort on the road against one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the NHL.

We took it to them in the 3rd period and overtime.

I don't know how anyone could watch that and say it was an undeserved point.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Still 6 points back of the Wild, and only 4 behind Canucks (though they have game in hand). With as inconsistent as we've been, it should be better, but could be a whole lot worse. Team still has a chance if they want to go and take it.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Thought the Preds played hard in the 3rd and OT. Both goals by forwards was pure luck. (Fisher/Goose)

A lot of good chances and missed opportunities late.

Completely disagree with Ekholm in the shootout over Legwand and Smith.

Ellis/Josi/Ekholm?? Are forwards should be embarrassed a coach even gives that a shot.

Dodgie

Feb 16, 2007
Tennessee
Road tripping this one with my best friend. Hopefully, I will not cause an altercation. ;)
All parties were well behaved. :) We had a good time in spite of the outcome.Now if the weather will cooperate.... kinda sleety and snowy last night. We're heading back today.

Dodgie

Feb 16, 2007
Tennessee
Road tripping this one with my best friend. Hopefully, I will not cause an altercation. ;)
All parties were well behaved. :) We had a good time in spite of the outcome.Now if the weather will cooperate.... kinda sleety and snowy last night. We're heading back today.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Glad you guys had fun! Safe travels

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I don't think our goals were luck as we actually saw ****** goaltending that other teams are used to seeing with us.

We don't call those soft goals lucky, we call it ****** goaltending. Looked like Hutton was tending both nets last night.

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
Another loss in a shootout?

I thought our staff recognized this weakness last season and supposedly corrected it this off season.

Instead, we are still horrible in the shootout. We are 3 games out of a playoff spot which could have been easily taken if we performed better in shootouts.

The lineup for our shootout last night was a joke. Whoever is picking the lineups for the shootout needs to be relieved of that assignment. It's not working for them.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Had a good time and it is a nice arena. Some good food choices though I wasn't hungry enough to try anything other than a hotdog. No issues with the home fans either. Hated that we lost but it was a good game which is more than I expected going in.

Was in 320, 101st.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Another loss in a shootout?

I thought our staff recognized this weakness last season and supposedly corrected it this off season.

Instead, we are still horrible in the shootout. We are 3 games out of a playoff spot which could have been easily taken if we performed better in shootouts.

The lineup for our shootout last night was a joke. Whoever is picking the lineups for the shootout needs to be relieved of that assignment. It's not working for them.

Ekholm, sure, but Josi and Ellis have easily been the best on the shootout for the team this year. Can't complain about those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad