GDT: Game 57: Columbus at Montreal | 2/21 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Unfortunate result they played pretty well aside from the first 10 minutes or so. The boys tried, but Price stole it.

I think we should be a real good team next year

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Johansen is playing some of his worst hockey in years. Why on a clean FO win did he send it to the left side of the ice when Montreal had 3 guys within 5 feet of the puck instead of the opposite side where it was completely wide open?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I have no issue with pulling McElhinney for the faceoff like Richards did. I do have a problem not calling a timeout to set up a 6 on 4 play because they were clueless out there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What a ******* moron Richards is, let them get set up before you pull the goalie you ****ing donkey.

That had nothing to do with it. They had possession and lost it. I sometimes wonder if some of you guys actually watch the game or just ***** about everything that goes wrong. No team plays error free night after night.

I think going 6 on 4 was the right strategy- it just didn't work.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I got Letestu on my daily fantasy roster. I'm looking for a 2 goal game on primetime national TV from him like he did against TO a few years back. I'd also prefer both goals to be shorthanded & assisted on by C-Mac. lol

A 40 save shutout for C-Mac & a hattrick with a +3 with 8 SOG for RyJo would also help my cause.

GL me.

In light of recent developments, my fantasy team tonight was a real stretch.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Would like to have waited before pulling CMac but, there wasn't a whole lot of time to work with...

Trying hard to avoid going off about Richards - after all - we are indeed still playing the same damn scheme we started the season off with a somewhat healthy roster.....

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
PP is now 2/29 since the ASG. Can we get some media guys to grill TR about this, because nobody seems to be concerned because they are still ranked high in the league standings.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well at least Florida lost tonight to help the slim chance of the playoffs. Flyers, Devils and Sens all win to help the draft position.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hilariously bad post. He had a bad game , fine. Worst hockey in years? Please
He has 1 goal in his last 7 games and it came off a deflection that hit him in the shoulder. He isn't going to the net, is taking shots from far away and doesn't look as engaged as he did just after the ASG.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He has 1 goal in his last 7 games and it came off a deflection that hit him in the shoulder. He isn't going to the net, is taking shots from far away and doesn't look as engaged as he did just after the ASG.

Not scoring goals = bad hockey. Ok

With regards to the going to the net. How did he score that goal off his shoulder? seems to me he's going to the net fine, he's just not scoring right now. He was in total beast mode last week.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not scoring goals = bad hockey. Ok

I think we have some of the best non-scoring hockey players in the league. :sarcasm:

All of this mumbo jumbo about possession stats, face off wins, great/smart plays without the puck, with the puck, etc. etc. are all fine and dandy but all that is useless if we can't put the puck in the net.

Not scoring goals is bad hockey. On a team level as well as on an individual level.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well.. on to SJ/LA stadium series game to forget about how we let this one get away.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad