Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Low expectations again.. hopefully it works - again :D

Heart says: 3-1 CBJ
Head says: 2-0 MTL

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What seemed so distant,if not impossible, now seems like there could be a chance. Depending on how this weekend goes I may officially change my stance from "don't blow the draft position" to "now that we appear to have done that let's make the playoffs"

Tough two games but it looks possible.

Go Jackets.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sure but that's "what's left". I'd like to see him get a chance with Calvert and Dano. But then you'd just have "poor someone else".

I'd be fine with Letestu on a scoring line wing but we can't move Letestu up without having a depth 4C who can play in that spot. And you can't just switch Anisimov with Letestu - I think the record shows that Letestu plays with bad wingers better than Anisimov does. It'd be nice to see better wingers spot in for Tropp and Boll here and there though. Calvert really helped the 4th line when he was back there two weeks back.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'd be fine with Letestu on a scoring line wing but we can't move Letestu up without having a depth 4C who can play in that spot. And you can't just switch Anisimov with Letestu - I think the record shows that Letestu plays with bad wingers better than Anisimov does. It'd be nice to see better wingers spot in for Tropp and Boll here and there though. Calvert really helped the 4th line when he was back there two weeks back.

Can't break up the Calvert-Dubi-Cam combo though, they are going really well. I liked the 4th line when Calvert was there but he's playing well enough for second line minutes now. Hopefully good enough to get a contract too!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm fine with that 4th line. IMO, the 4th line has finally been effective this last handful of games. Having Tropp drop down makes me feel more comfortable as well.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think putting Letestu on the wing detracts from what makes him so good - his speedy two-way game, with an eye on defense to create offense.

The difference between the center and the wing can be significant, especially for a guy who has been a center for his entire career. I would love to see him on a more talented line as well, but as Major mentioned, who else do you plug into the fourth line? I think if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The Canadiens have lost two in a row while the Jackets have won two in a row. Hockey trends say that Montreal will be the hungrier team, but if the Jackets come out and play the way they have in the last two games, it's going to be a damn fine matchup. If they can weather the inevitable early storm from a hungry team on home ice, they have a chance. The first 10 minutes might be rough, though.

I'll venture a guess at 4-2 Montreal, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Canadiens record is a bit deceiving. They're a bad 5v5 scoring team (20th) and their PP isn't very good either (25th).

They are being carried by Carey:D Price who is probably going to win the Vezina. He's due for an off game.

We can beat these guys. CBJ 5 MTL 2.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is it 7pm yet?

Been bored ever since Flyers-Predators game ended, lol.. Nobody else plays until 7.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think putting Letestu on the wing detracts from what makes him so good - his speedy two-way game, with an eye on defense to create offense.

It's funny we have totally opposite thoughts here.

I wouldn't use the word "speedy" around Letestu anymore. Right now I'd guess he's the slowest forward on the team. I also think his lack of speed would be more of a problem on the wing. I really want to try him as a scoring line wing, but there's a chance he'd be too slow to be first man in on the forecheck.

Where I do agree is that playing center allows him to play higher and control the game and his pace a little more.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
On Letestu, the best thing we could do with him is:
- keep him centering the 4th line
- get rid of Tropp and Boll and put some better talent on that line.
- essentially we would have line 3a and 3b

That would allow us to roll four good lines again and increase his ice time.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Its a longshot, but does anyone stream games on their ps4 without gamecenter? I used to stream all the games on my ps3, but ps4 doesnt support flash, so my old websites dont work anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad