GDT: Game 57: Columbus at Montreal | 2/21 7PM EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Connauton is playing one of his worst games in a CBJ uniform... even a -10 ev.strength corsi thru 2 periods doesn't do true justice to how poor his play has been. Wennberg on the other hand, he is really evolving his game right before our eyes. Jumps on a line with Joey and his game takes off.

Montreal is starting 3 'rookies' on defense, and you can tell. If it wasn't for Price, CBJ would be leading this game with ease.

Wennberg showed a little spark of offense, but he had a lot of bad turnovers as well. I liked Goloubef tonight, he played with a little edge clearing guys in front, I haven't seen that from him before. What can you say, best team in the east with the best goalie in the NHL at home on HNIC. Can't be too mad, they played 2 good periods, the 1st was putrid. Missed a chance to gain 2 pts on Boston and Florida...get it back tomorrow!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Overall, I though it was a fairly good effort. Not getting the equalizer was frustrating and the ending left me fuming, but they played the top team in the East to a dead standstill. Again seeing the potential of this squad, but also aware of the many flaws remaining to correct.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Overall, I though it was a fairly good effort. Not getting the equalizer was frustrating and the ending left me fuming, but they played the top team in the East to a dead standstill. Again seeing the potential of this squad, but also aware of the many flaws remaining to correct.

We stepped up during the 2nd and 3rd periods but, we were seemingly a step behind them the entire first - which ended up killing us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad