GDT: Game 57 - BRUINS at Calgary | 2/19 4:07 PM | NESN, NHLN (US), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm going to be at work for most of this. Not sure I have the willpower to avoid checking the score before I get home to watch it on DVR. :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Top rated defense in the NHL. Top rated PK in the NHL. Top 5 in offense. Top three in most every power ranking. A ridiculous winning stretch since November. The Bs going on a stretch of several games where they are not looking as dominant after going almost three months of being the best team in hockey. Every time Haggerty opens his bloated donut encrusted mouth I wonder if he has ever followed full seasons of hockey before. "Blowhard" is somehow far too weak of a word to describe that idiot.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm also going to the game tomorrow. The last time I saw the Bruins play in Calgary was when a streaker climbed over the glass into the penalty box and instead of exciting through the door he climbed over the glass, hit the ice and slipped and knocked himself out. For his 15 minutes of fame they kept the camera on him while they worked on him and the cops arrested him. The poor bugger had it all showing on the scoreboard for all to see the whole time.

This one?

Streaker at NHL game will face charges

I googled "Calgary Boston streaker", and...wow, folks in Calgary have a LOT of streakers.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad I'll get to see this one. Of all of the Canadian teams, Calgary and Ottawa are the only two I don't dislike. I gotta believe Cassidy got these guys dialed in for this one

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Chicken Little at it again

I agree with him that the D coverage has been piss poor for atleast the last two games. We were able to fix it in Calgary but it got away from us in Vancouver. Not time to get worried but it's something the coaches need to fix. Also the schedule is tough as hell coming up, so if they're still searching for D consistency throughout that could bite them in the ass.

Reactions: HustleB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I have a feeling, the intensity meter is going to be sky-high for this one. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a tilt or two.

McQuaid leveled Tkachuk twice last meeting with no-response and Ferland was playing very chippy throughout. Add this too the fact that the Bruins are coming of their worst loss of the season and the Flames are fighting for their playoffs life.

Buckle-up!!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That midget Lomberg likes to test himself too. He's been on the worse end of pretty much everything though, which looks funny. He's got stones though.

I'll be at work for this one as the game starts at 2pm here. Going to tape it, though.

Hoping for a better effort all around. The D was absolutely tragic last game... probably the worst i can remember seeing it.

Bruins win 4-1

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I know people like to pick on new whipping boy Carlo for mistakes that are not necessarily his own but he has played decent this year. I know last game there was a shot that Rask caught and popped out of his glove which led to a goal and 2 other goals were due to Krug letting someone walk around him which created a two on one. Carlo has been decent in my eyes this year and Krug has been the one with the defensive lapses. This is too be expected since Krug has always been an offense first type of player.

Reactions: missingchicklet

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I know people like to pick on new whipping boy Carlo for mistakes that are not necessarily his own but he has played decent this year. I know last game there was a shot that Rask caught and popped out of his glove which led to a goal and 2 other goals were due to Krug letting someone walk around him which created a two on one. Carlo has been decent in my eyes this year and Krug has been the one with the defensive lapses. This is too be expected since Krug has always been an offense first type of player.
I like what both Carlo and Krug bring to the team. They both have looked pretty bad at times, but on the whole have both been pretty good. Last game Carlo had a rough start, but then rebounded and played well. From what I could tell in the second and third periods, Carlo was doing a lot of covering for the mistakes of his partner and a couple of the forwards. It's easy to blame the last layer defensively, but when that last layer is trying to cover for his partner and missed assignments by forwards it's tough to look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad