GDT: Game 57: Avs @ Senators | Thursday, February 11th, 5:30pm MT | Fade to Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
My issue with Blake getting the minutes is that they seem to be coming from Grigs in this one. Grigs is pretty decent on the back end, why cut his time when he is playing well. No issue with the big guys getting a "rest" game to start 3 games in 3.5 days.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
My issue with Blake getting the minutes is that they seem to be coming from Grigs in this one. Grigs is pretty decent on the back end, why cut his time when he is playing well. No issue with the big guys getting a "rest" game to start 3 games in 3.5 days.

I dont like it either Tweak. Grigs hasnt looked out of place one bit on that top line and it wouldnt hurt to give him more ice.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Comeau deserves those minutes. The only consistently good line the Avs have had all season has been Comeau + Soderberg + X.

I really hope Rantanen gets the call soon. Watching MacKinnon with McLeod and Tanguay is painful, as is Mitchell with Duchene.

Mitchell has seemed really off the last 10-15 games. Not a liability but completely invisible.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Like I said, Comeau had over 5 minutes pp and pk time. You could say why didn't soda have more but it wasn't by much.

He was still 2nd in 5v5 ice-time though.

I don't mind if he's playing a lot 5v5 and PK, but I'm not a big fan of his on the PP. However, it's the best we've got now, so it'll have to do.

I'm more content having Comeau play these minutes instead of Mitchell though, as #7 has looked like a brutal 4th line plug for the last month-plus

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Nope they're happy about that

for real? i remember them thrashing phaneuf like no other when he was a leaf some time back.

i guess changing the sweater changes that much then...

There isn't anything remotely special or good about the Senators aside from Karlsson. I think some really good points / critiques can be made about the Avs and where they are going, but the Sens don't look like an organization that has much to be excited about. They've been wallowing in mediocrity for a long time, and that trend looks to continue. If they want to take potshots to placate their ego's after a loss, let 'em knock themselves out.

And to be fair, we take our fair share of potshots at teams like the Wild :laugh: At least we have a reason to dislike them though I guess.

i guess that's a pretty damn good point since i didn't even think of us taking shots at other teams and i just took a shot at them couple of hours ago.

:laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll dump on the Wild win or lose. Their fans think they're entitled to something and believe their players are all saints when they don't realize just how sneaky-dirty players like Koivu, Parise, Suter, and Granlund are.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That was an interesting game to say the least.

The lines were crazy. I get the reasoning behind it, but man you're putting Mackinnon in a tough spot to break out of his funk playing on a line with McCleod.

Just goes to show we really need Rantanen up here. We dont have the offensive depth to be shuffling lines and trying to spread the offense like that. Fortunately our PP was really clicking tonight.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Wow Soderberg. He is actually putting up career numbers. So many people said we made terrible off-season signings with Soderberg, Beauch and Comeau.. Haha. I knew Soderberg would be at least decent. He looks like legit top-6 player. He's been really good since those first 5-10 games where he struggled.

I would even say Comeau is upgrade over McGinn and he will probably end up costing less than him.

Beauch is obvious upgrade over Hejda. Although I loved Hejda, but he should have never played top-pairing minutes(on a good team). Perfect second pairing defenseman though.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy said again that Grigorenko is playing very well. He also said the team played well, though.

Well he's half right anyway. Grigs is looking real good out there. Still doesn't use his body as much as I'd like but he makes space and time out of nothing which is a huge help to Duchene (and Mackinnon when he's there) since they are two guys who always seems to rush the play. Soderberg, Rantanen and Grigorenko are three similar players but of course all are at different levels. Grigorenko lacks the skating ability of the other two and of course Rantanen will exceed both probably within a year.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I wonder if we'll ever see one complete great season from either MacKinnon or Duchene. Neither guy can even seem to keep it together for 20ish games, and Roy's really not helping.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We don't like them but does anyone say things like "I can't believe we lost to that terrible team"? No.

Yeah we do, when we're pissed off that we didn't pick up points against teams at the bottom of the standings.

There has been plenty of comments about the points lost against teams like TOR, and CAR. We don't attempt analyze their team down to the gnats ******* though, and rip them apart to make ourselves feel better.

I don't think anyone has said something like that about a team above us in the standings though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad