GDT: Game #57 - 2.05.14 - at San Jose - 9:30 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGodAOD*

Idk, that was really Peverly's guy. You play man on man in OT.

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007
Why is this team literally mentally Pejorative Slured as soon as overtime starts? Have they practiced 4 on 4 a single time in their lives?

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
If Dallas has their skating legs tonight, they take this game in regulation. Great effort betrayed by more of the same piss poor play 4 on 4.

I hate to say it, but it's very probably the Stars terrible OT / Shootout record is the reason they miss the playoffs this year if they can't string togather enough regulation wins to make it.

Game against Phoenix on Friday is must win.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Why is this team literally mentally Pejorative Slured as soon as overtime starts? Have they practiced 4 on 4 a single time in their lives?

having 1 less guy on the ice does nothing for their horrible defensive awareness.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
If Dallas has their skating legs tonight, they take this game in regulation. Great effort betrayed by more of the same piss poor play 4 on 4.

I hate to say it, but it's very probably the Stars terrible OT / Shootout record is the reason they miss the playoffs this year if they can't string togather enough regulation wins to make it.

Game against Phoenix on Friday is must win.
Pretty sure games against Phoenix have been must wins since the season started...

MetalGodAOD*

Saturday is huge. Dallas will have the advantage with PHX playing in Chicago the night before. PHX will be tired, Dallas rested. Huge statement game going into the break.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Well I mean to be fair this was a huge positive tonight. Getting one point when any reasonable person would have said the expectation is a regulation loss against one of the best teams in the league can be worth just as much or more than the routine win against a team like Calgary, where everybody in the playoff race picks up the 2 points against the Flames.

If Dallas keeps putting out the top effort they have lately, they deserve to make the playoffs. They are a much better team than Minnesota and Phoenix.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Saturday is huge. Dallas will have the advantage with PHX playing in Chicago the night before. PHX will be tired, Dallas rested. Huge statement game going into the break.

Dallas has to come out flying. Playing the night before won't effect Phoenix much, they are going to rely on the same sit back and trap / throw garbage at the net strategy that has gotten them this far. If Dallas comes out flying and takes control of the game early they will demolish the Coyotes, if Phoenix is allowed to hang around the chances of them stealing the points are high.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Oh man doubly brutal.. my stream dropped at the start of OT and hs disabled logins temporarily for "database maintenance". Awesome we got a point, but I've got my tinfoil hat on right now.
-__-

starsgazer

Apr 15, 2006
Very respectable performance. This team is so fun to watch when they get their extra gas to plainly frustrate a certainly more skillful team. The PK in the 3rd with Eakin and Garbutt was a powerhouse.

Whatever they gave Val in the 2nd intermission it worked. Glad for him, he needs that fuel.

Felt a bit like playoff-hockey ... man this franchise desperately needs the playoffs. It doesn't matter what will happen in the first round, just get there. It's such a mental push for a team ... and not getting there over and over again leads to the wear-out effect, that some players already have. Some fans as well.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Would have loved to pick up the extra point, but not going to complain too much about getting 1 point in San Jose on the 2nd night of a B2B, these are points we couldn't get the last few seasons.

Overall, I thought the Stars battled hard and really had to dig deep to tie the game in the 3rd, but when I saw Cole and Peverley on the ice in OT I had a bad feeling that the Sharks would score.

5/6 points on a Western road trip.....I'll take it

Time to get ready to battle Phoenix in Big D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad