GDT: Game #57 - 2.05.14 - at San Jose - 9:30 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Just pointing out that since it wasn't Goose, people were admitting that it might have been someone else's fault, rather than solely Connauton.

Why are you so intent on defending Goligoski? He is playing better right now and that is great, but he has flat out sucked at times and you seem unwilling to accept that.

Brand New Stars

Why are you so intent on defending Goligoski? He is playing better right now and that is great, but he has flat out sucked at times and you seem unwilling to accept that.

Lol, how do you not get the point? This has literally nothing to do with the play of Goligoski. It has everything to do with people picking and choosing who does everything right and who does everything wrong.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Lol, how do you not get the point? This has literally nothing to do with the play of Goligoski. It has everything to do with people picking and choosing who does everything right and who does everything wrong.

Oh you mean people watch games and see terrible mistakes made by certain players and then comment on them? How dare they!

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Gonna agree with BNS here. this board and the Stars fanbase in general has some pretty dramatic confirmation bias. See Benn, Jordie

MetalGodAOD*

Every team has a scapegoat, and young players are given a pass more than veterans are by HF in general. Nothing new here.

Brand New Stars

Oh you mean people watch games and see terrible mistakes made by certain players and then comment on them? How dare they!

Yet again, no. You singling out that the previous comment was solely about Goligoski's level of play proves the point that anytime his name is mentioned here it's a bad thing. It was merely an observation (a dead on one at that) that if it were Goligoski that made the play K-Conn did then the board would've exploded. However, since it was K-Conn people jumped to his defense saying it was everybody's fault but his.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Yet again, no. You singling out that the previous comment was solely about Goligoski's level of play proves the point that anytime his name is mentioned here it's a bad thing. It was merely an observation (a dead on one at that) that if it were Goligoski that made the play K-Conn did then the board would've exploded. However, since it was K-Conn people jumped to his defense saying it was everybody's fault but his.

I think its fair to give a little break to a 23 year old rookie defenseman for making rookie mistakes. I also think it is a misrepresentation to say that Goli would have been given 100% blame on a play like that. Plenty of other players get ripped on around here. Goli gets it more than others because he makes more glaringly obviously mistakes than most of them. He is 28 years old and shouldn't be making nearly as many mistakes as he makes.

Brand New Stars

Of course K-Conn should get a small break but Cin declaring him devoid of any bad play at the end is just crazy. I don't waver from thinking most people would've blamed only Goligoski had it been him though. Age certainly plays into the overall perception of a player, but just because K-Conn is young and forgiven doesn't mean the mistake didn't occur.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
He's also paid like 8x as much as KConn.

Yeah. Like it or not players are going to be judge differently based on things like experience and salary. I personally don't see that as unfair. Goligoski gets ripped on for making the same mistakes over and over and frankly he has been lucky that more of them haven't ended up in the back of the net.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Of course K-Conn should get a small break but Cin declaring him devoid of any bad play at the end is just crazy. I don't waver from thinking most people would've blamed only Goligoski had it been him though. Age certainly plays into the overall perception of a player, but just because K-Conn is young and forgiven doesn't mean the mistake didn't occur.

Cin is crazy, whats the problem?

I don't want to get overly repetitive but I just really don't think its likely that Goli would have gotten all the blame on that play when two other players clearly didn't do their jobs properly.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I Agree with this. Also I feel like if that was Rome coming in after sitting he would get the brunt of everyone's criticism. I know he's been in more recently, but I don't feel like he's given a fair chance by our fan base if we're gonna say that players are gonna make mistakes if they're consistently in as out of the lineup. For what he is, I think he brings something the rest of the d lacks in physicality, sans dillon. same with Robidas. I'm one of the few I'm sure that would like to hang on to him if he returns at the same level he left. Quite under appreciated

MetalGodAOD*

I Agree with this. Also I feel like if that was Rome coming in after sitting he would get the brunt of everyone's criticism. I know he's been in more recently, but I don't feel like he's given a fair chance by our fan base if we're gonna say that players are gonna make mistakes if they're consistently in as out of the lineup. For what he is, I think he brings something the rest of the d lacks in physicality, sans dillon. same with Robidas. I'm one of the few I'm sure that would like to hang on to him if he returns at the same level he left. Quite under appreciated

I'd rather Rome play over Jordie. I'd rather KConn play over both and be used on the PP. I had little issue with Rome until last game where he had those brutal turnovers. At least KConn has offensive upside (though it's not being used) to offset some of his mistakes. Jordie/Rome don't.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Goligoski gets a lot of deserved flack here, but it's unfair to not also mention that he gets praise when it's deserved. Even by Cin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad