GDT: Game 56: Sharks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Nash says we figured out how we have to play to win, by playing down low and crashing the net. But that isn't how we've been producing at all. We've been playing with speed and getting high % shots.

Nash grinds my gears.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Brent Burns is just ridiculous. It's the beard power, I'm sure of it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well I guess we were due for a game where we look better than the opposition and end up on the short end.

Somehow Jooris looks simultaneously good and bad :laugh:

And what's with all the offsides? They'd have had even more possession if not for the 4-5 times they went offside.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Too bad our third highest scoring winger from last year was demoted because he's not strong enough in the corners...

Which is where Dvo would be if injuries didn't keep ruining Tippett's plans. Can't be bothered to do any developing in the NHL. Rather not have to coach up waver wire scrap.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
OP made me nostalgic. Yotes site showed the team in throw backs. I caved in an turned the game on. Oye Vey.

Unfortunate because we were actually kinda dominating the game. Smith just isn't on his game tonight.

Perlini got robbed on that one. All started by a nice turnover created by Dvo.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
They said Chychrun was the best skater in the draft but man I'm amazed at his skating ability. I do see him randomly fall but he is a special skater.

Edit: Even when I see him randomly fall he gets up so fast and back into position like he never fell.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Game is better than the score, stuff happens.

Meh. They've definitely been in this game, and it isn't your typical Coyotes' 3-0 after two, but I don't think they've been as great as the broadcast team keeps saying either. We're just so used to the Coyote-collapse that seeing them battle makes it seem like maybe we'd be actually winning.
Nostalgia value is high for me tonight. Gartner is the nicest person you will ever meet (Sorry, Shane). Criminally underrated as a "compiler", too. Great memories surrounding all these guys.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hanzal's playing like he wants to make it easy for Chayka to trade him...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The new lines stink. Rieder on top line isn't a bad idea but it should have been for Vrbata, not Domi. White on the 3rd is a joke. I like the guy but he really shouldn't be on the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad