Post-Game Talk: GAME 56 - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 1 - Off to the Emerald City

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
All the President's Men, everyone on board today. The PK with another almost full 2 minute kill. Can't say enough about Forbort and Carlo the Killer. Pasta with another show, McAvoy with the apple cart. Linus for President. Jake has been a breath of fresh air since returning, just what the room needed.

Only issue with Carlo today was not impeding Tkachuk when he levelled Lindholm.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
A) this PP should be producing one goal per game with the talent it has, it simply is not acceptable

B) Ottawa has players hitting to hurt, Nashville as well. Some teams have it others do not. Greer has faded in that department as has Frederic. Foligno is alone in the finishing hits department it seems out of the bottom six.

Replace Smith with a forward with size willing to help with point B for the playoffs.

Excellent win all around.

Barbashev hits hard so another reason to get him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1676941891990.png

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Miss the game... working.
Congrats DK, what a milestone... ALL with the Bruins.!
Another page of this Bruins era turned. I am thrill to be lucky and see another Bruins important player get 1000 games... I will appreciate all this year at 110%.
Milan in Boston would be great.... despite what some are saying. for 20 hames and the PO, Lucic would be a monster here with those old buddies..... and DK!

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
That was a great example of shut down hockey. Tense game when it's only a one goal lead but they played it to near perfection.
I'm not sure this team needs an upgrade anywhere. Maybe depth D, but not really. They already have that. I'd unload Smith if possible and upgrade there, but really, it might not even be necessary. Better to keep the chemistry and go with what they have.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tuesday, February 21 (Boston, MA)

- No scheduled practice or media availability 

- Travel to Seattle

Wednesday, February 22 (Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m. PT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Thursday, February 23 (Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA)

- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m. PT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Seattle Kraken, 7 p.m. PT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Vancouver

Friday, February 24 (Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m. PT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
A W makes my breakfast sports page reading delightful:nod: Today tea with a side of Pasta!

I hope someone gets the kid on page 1 of today's Herald a copy. I keep a lot of newspapers from big games in the past. The day after the Winter Classic, I bought three Heralds, did the same in 2010. I have several boxes full, along with tickets(pro and college), programs, posters, assorted knickknacks, etc.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and stuffing Chabot in a dumpster for.... reasons.... oh and Giroux as well*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle really enjoyed the ceremony for his namesake. DK#46 #1000!!!!! :hockey: :heart: *

Another game, another win. It doesn't get old though. It will never get old. Just ask anybody who lived through the tough times of Sinden, MOC, Steve Kasper, Robbie Ftorek, Dave Lewis plus a cast of rejects & players well past their primes *shudders at the memory*

Ottawa is a good up & coming team, they're already tough to play against. They never quit. If they stick to their plan they will definitely be making some noise in the division in the near future.

David Pastrnak. What else can be said about him except "pay the man".

Charlie McAvoy is starting to come around offensively, 3 apples yesterday. That pass to Pasta for his second goal was insane, the skill & strength to do that is rare.

Linus Ullmark & Goalie Bob deserve so much credit for making Linus the goaltender he is this season. We have the best goaltender in the league and that is a hill I will die on. Plus he's a steal at $5 million a season.

Going to miss the road trip, the games just start too late for this fan :wally:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
*David Coyle really enjoyed the ceremony for his namesake. DK#46 #1000!!!!! :hockey: :heart: *

Another game, another win. It doesn't get old though. It will never get old. Just ask anybody who lived through the tough times of Sinden, MOC, Steve Kasper, Robbie Ftorek, Dave Lewis plus a cast of rejects & players well past their primes *shudders at the memory*

Ottawa is a good up & coming team, they're already tough to play against. They never quit. If they stick to their plan they will definitely be making some noise in the division in the near future.

Charlie McAvoy is starting to come around offensively, 3 apples yesterday. That pass to Pasta for his second goal was insane, the skill & strength to do that is rare.

Linus Ullmark & Goalie Bob deserve so much credit for making Linus the goaltender he is this season. We have the best goaltender in the league and that is a hill I will die on. Plus he's a steal at $5 million a season.

You will see Saturday’s game . It’s an early start .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00