Post-Game Talk: GAME 56 - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 1 - Off to the Emerald City

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Chef Pasta shows how you serve Mandolese cold

What made that especially skilled was that Pasta is a righty, and he still avoided the goalie stick on the right side. Most of the time that move would be done by a lefty, like Marchand, to avoid the stick. Unreal.

1676929972317.png

Reactions: hrdpuk and sooshii

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
McAvoy updated scoring pace:

7G 67A 74P (over 82 games)

He’s finally starting to match his fantastic defensive play with some points on offense. Phenomenal player
Donny found that franchise dman what a pick. Could be best in the 2016 draft . He also got trent late in the first round too. What homeruns.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just got home…

A couple of observations:

@DKH
@Ladyfan
@GahdenRinkRat

Great people, who it was nice to see after a long time!

Krejci flipped my daughter a puck during warmups….she’s still on cloud nine!

Coyle was a monster killing the 5-3.

Lindholm is so solid!

This team plays fast and is sooooo creative!

If you haven’t been to a game yet this year, you really should try to get there!

The atmosphere seems different this year (obviously due to their success) but it‘s so much fun to be there!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Obligatory chibby celebratory win shot

View attachment 653723
I LOVE him.

Just in. It was a good game. I was surprised to see how dirty the Sens were. I don't remember that before.

A couple of the Bs (Marchy and Mac) gave a couple of little whacks to Giroux. :laugh:

Drive home was good. I am getting used to the new car and LOVE the Harman Kardan system.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Ottawa played a young energetic heavy game with very active effective sticks and we still prevailed ... damn we are that good. Only thing to work on is the powerplay against heavy attacking aggressive PK, we seemed not to be able to separate and slow it down. Didn't matter this time though !!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
A) this PP should be producing one goal per game with the talent it has, it simply is not acceptable

B) Ottawa has players hitting to hurt, Nashville as well. Some teams have it others do not. Greer has faded in that department as has Frederic. Foligno is alone in the finishing hits department it seems out of the bottom six.

Replace Smith with a forward with size willing to help with point B for the playoffs.

Excellent win all around.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What a great Monday with the family. In the airport about to fly back to Vancouver and take the boys out (and have one of the family in Boston take us OUT) next Saturday vs. Vancouver. Then a steak dinner at Gotham and meet up with the boys.

That game was a reminder how careful we have to be (coming from the guy who KNOWS they need to add to the D as Carlo and Grzelcyk will go down) when adding someone.

If you can add to the third line and push Frederic to the 4th line and Smith out in the trade, you win the deadline. If you can push Forbert out and upgrade on him severely and have him ready to play you win the deadline.

Thefours

Feb 27, 2022
I LOVE him.

Just in. It was a good game. I was surprised to see how dirty the Sens were. I don't remember that before.

A couple of the Bs (Marchy and Mac) gave a couple of little whacks to Giroux. :laugh:

Drive home was good. I am getting used to the new car and LOVE the Harman Kardan system.
Can't stand Giroux, probably because he was part of the Flyers for so long

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So the Bruins are about to embark on a four game road trip.

If Patrice Bergeron is back next year, I’m absolutely going to hit the Alberta leg of the annual Western Canada trip and see them play Calgary and Edmonton. Depending on cost, I might tack on Vancouver as well.

(Finances will be tight as my 10th anniversary will be next November. Need to plan a trip for that, too. I have to find a way…)

Anyways…

However this season turns out, I’m sure the Bruins will ask Bergeron to captain the 100th anniversary team. Definitely not a small thing. Patrice is the most iconic Bruin we’ve had since Raymond Bourque was traded almost 23 years ago. I just can’t see the Bruins not begging him to play next season.

There’s only one man fit to lead this team into its next century.

It’s only one more year…

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Can't stand Giroux, probably because he was part of the Flyers for so long
A late friend of mine grew up with him in Hearst, and actually went to the same school with him again in Ottawa after her father died and her mother moved the family to the capital.

She said he was a wicked nice guy and very down to earth. And a good friend.

If he played for the Bruins almost everyone here would love him. I’m sure of that.

PS: If you know someone addicted to heroin, do everything you can to get them help. The next score could be the last.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
What a great Monday with the family. In the airport about to fly back to Vancouver and take the boys out (and have one of the family in Boston take us OUT) next Saturday vs. Vancouver. Then a steak dinner at Gotham and meet up with the boys.

That game was a reminder how careful we have to be (coming from the guy who KNOWS they need to add to the D as Carlo and Grzelcyk will go down) when adding someone.

If you can add to the third line and push Frederic to the 4th line and Smith out in the trade, you win the deadline. If you can push Forbert out and upgrade on him severely and have him ready to play you win the deadline.
Hmm.... push Forbert out? I think he’s very valuable on the PK and protecting a lead late in the game. I’d keep him. I would like to see Schenn from Vancouver added for depth, though. Wouldn’t mind replacing Smith, though.

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
The Bruin's goal differential is *double* the 2nd place team.
+92 for Boston, +46 for New Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3