Post-Game Talk: GAME 55 - WINNER WINNER FISHSTICKS DINNER - BRUINS 6 NYI 2

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah yeah the Islanders played last night but it was still a pretty shitty effort from them . I can still remember watching the last playoff game vs the Islanders a couple of years ago . The Islanders were a pretty arrogant group while we were all feeling demoralized. Have the tables turned ?
It was nice to see. Lou made a big move by getting Horvat, but it didn't matter, we beat them badly.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m just really happy for Wolf “The Dentist” Stansson graduating from Team Iceland youth coach to NHL head coach with the Islanders.

I thought that loss to those misfit kids from Minnesota would sink his career but glad to see he stuck with it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and sending Brock Nelson some actual hockey sticks and Varlamov some aloe lotion for the burn on the back of his neck from all those red lights*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!
Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle had a blast watching the game, it was so much fun!!!!! * :vhappy:

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!! And firing on all cylinders, the Islanders never even knew what hit them. I vote that the siblings remain with the team, they clearly are a positive influence!

If Uncle Nick doesn't win 7th Player it will be an all time travesty. We're talking about a 180 degree change in performance. Nobody saw this coming and anyone who said they did is lying.

Trent Frederic is on the rise. Now that he doesn't have to fear permanent banishment to Cassidy's doghouse you can really see him coming into his own as a player.

I was very happy to see Charlie McAvoy shooting the puck, he has a bomb of a shot and like DK he needs to use it more. Actually I'd like to see all the defensemen shoot more, just to keep opponents off guard.

On to the matinee...

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
Boston is a significantly different team from 2021 with 3 huge additions.

G - Ullmark verse a totally broken down Rask

D - Lindholm

F - Zacha

Add in a totally health Coyle compared to the 2021 version plus a rejuvenated
Foligno and that equals a drastically different team the NYI would face.
It seems a little premature to count the Coyle totally healthy for us point. There is a lot of hockey to play until June. I hope you knocked on some wood when you typed that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad