Post-Game Talk: GAME 55 - WINNER WINNER FISHSTICKS DINNER - BRUINS 6 NYI 2

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah yeah the Islanders played last night but it was still a pretty shitty effort from them . I can still watching the last playoff game vs the Islanders a couple of years ago . The Islanders were a pretty arrogant group while we were all feeling demoralized. Have the tables turned ?
Rask was a shell of his former self in that last Isles series, so I feel much more confident if the B's play them in a series this time around

..their arrogance will be turned into humiliation

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
In the Isles' defense, this was sort of a scheduled loss for them, like the B's last trip to Carolina. Not to mention they were without Bruins nemesis Pageau, Bruins shift-disturber Clutterbuck (or as @BMC calls him, Clusterf**k ;) ), and hometown hero Wahlstrom.

The B's shooting percentage the last couple of games is obviously unsustainable, but they are taking quality shots with purpose; unlike past years when their scoring woes were due in part to taking a high number of low percentage shots.

The only negative is the continuation of bogus calls against Marchand, as well as non-calls for infractions against him. It was somewhat understandable when he was playing every shift on the edge; but he's cleaned up his game, and is a top-tier offensive player.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I find it interesting that the Isles played Varlamov against the Bruins for the second time in a row. Normally, you play your best goalie against good teams and give your back-up the easier matchups. They seem to be going against this conventional logic, it almost seems like they write these games off as losses and save Sorokin for games they think they CAN win.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I find it interesting that the Isles played Varlamov against the Bruins for the second time in a row. Normally, you play your best goalie against good teams and give your back-up the easier matchups. They seem to be going against this conventional logic, it almost seems like they write these games off as losses and save Sorokin for games they think they CAN win.
I don't think it is that. If you remember, they pulled Sorokin in the playoffs too. I think it was third period of game one. He may have a mental block about the Bruins, or they may have seen a tell in his style.

Reactions: Ivo

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Frederic continues to blossom as a very handy NHL player. His head's in a much better place now - can still agitate a little, can still drop the gloves on occasion, he's physical, but mostly he just gets on with playing good hockey and driving the net and it's working very well for him.

Yet again in a game that the Bruins had well and truly won, there he was late in the 3rd period sprawled on the ice still trying to get the puck and knock it to a teammate. He's made those sort of great little effort plays all season and his work rate at both ends reflects in his being +23. I think he's got a big playoffs performance coming up.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
In the Isles' defense, this was sort of a scheduled loss for them, like the B's last trip to Carolina. Not to mention they were without Bruins nemesis Pageau, Bruins shift-disturber Clutterbuck (or as @BMC calls him, Clusterf**k ;) ), and hometown hero Wahlstrom.

The B's shooting percentage the last couple of games is obviously unsustainable, but they are taking quality shots with purpose; unlike past years when their scoring woes were due in part to taking a high number of low percentage shots.

The only negative is the continuation of bogus calls against Marchand, as well as non-calls for infractions against him. It was somewhat understandable when he was playing every shift on the edge; but he's cleaned up his game, and is a top-tier offensive player.
Other than barking at the refs, which carries its own set of risks, he has done a good job of not taking additional penalties out of frustration. That’s also an improvement for him.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1676810227666.png

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I had fun tonight...yet again.

I was taking to one of the guys who works for the Bs.

I said "seems like Brad's brother is kind of like Brad" He said "exactly."
I remember Brad's Players Tribune piece, few years ago, he was saying his brothers are bigger pests than he is. Young Marchand family moved out of neighborhood to lonelier location so the boys could run around free...in other words probaly, so they couldn't terrorize the neighborhood.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah yeah the Islanders played last night but it was still a pretty shitty effort from them . I can still remember watching the last playoff game vs the Islanders a couple of years ago . The Islanders were a pretty arrogant group while we were all feeling demoralized. Have the tables turned ?

Boston is a significantly different team from 2021 with 3 huge additions.

G - Ullmark verse a totally broken down Rask

D - Lindholm

F - Zacha

Add in a totally health Coyle compared to the 2021 version plus a rejuvenated
Foligno and that equals a drastically different team the NYI would face.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Boston is a significantly different team from 2021 with 3 huge additions.

G - Ullmark verse a totally broken down Rask

D - Lindholm

F - Zacha

Add in a totally health Coyle compared to the 2021 version plus a rejuvenated
Foligno and that equals a drastically different team the NYI would face.
Not to mention that the 2021 Jake DeBrusk had 5 goals in 41 games.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Frederic continues to blossom as a very handy NHL player. His head's in a much better place now - can still agitate a little, can still drop the gloves on occasion, he's physical, but mostly he just gets on with playing good hockey and driving the net and it's working very well for him.

Yet again in a game that the Bruins had well and truly won, there he was late in the 3rd period sprawled on the ice still trying to get the puck and knock it to a teammate. He's made those sort of great little effort plays all season and his work rate at both ends reflects in his being +23. I think he's got a big playoffs performance coming up.

Agreed. He's turning into a good player, I hope we still get to see his angry side every once in a while though. Kids got a temper I like, but I do like his solid play more...

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Off topic, but I’m glad to see Halak playing well for the Rangers. Loved him when he was with the Bruins. I thought he was toast with the way his time with the Canucks went. Bruins have been blessed with some excellent backups: Halak, Khudobin, Rask. Makes me forget Manny Fernandez.

Duh.... Swayman!

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Off topic, but I’m glad to see Halak playing well for the Rangers. Loved him when he was with the Bruins. I thought he was toast with the way his time with the Canucks went. Bruins have been blessed with some excellent backups: Halak, Khudobin, Rask. Makes me forget Manny Fernandez.

Duh.... Swayman!
He’s had a rough start this season too, thought he was finished. But this calendar year, he has a 92,7 save% in 7 starts. Looks like good old Halak again.

Reactions: BMC

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Yeah yeah the Islanders played last night but it was still a pretty shitty effort from them . I can still remember watching the last playoff game vs the Islanders a couple of years ago . The Islanders were a pretty arrogant group while we were all feeling demoralized. Have the tables turned ?
How many teams , over the past 10 years have looked like they are up and coming, going to overcome the Bruins, only to fall back, and the b's continue to rise. Terrible draft positions, but Donnie getting it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00