GDT: Game 55: Preds @ Jets | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN |

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hutton needed to have the 3rd goal ... fluke drop off the back of his leg, but shouldn't have come to that. Their 2nd goal has more than enough blame to go around from the bad turnover to nobody picking up the guy with the puck as Hutton sprawls out and the eventual deflection off Weber as the puck heads away from the net.

Tied game after two, chance to take the lead on the PP to start the 3rd .... or crap the game away. We'll see how things go.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That is a good win- pretty gritty effort to rebound from the disastrous end of the 2nd period.

But has there ever been a worse-feeling 2-1-1 road trip??

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds win 4-3 but Weber's injury is the biggest concern. Hopefully not too bad. We did get 5 out of 8 pts on this road trip which isn't bad.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Weber's injury didn't look too serious. Would be surprised if he missed Friday's game.

He blocked a shot in the first period and looked a little slow the rest of that shift. Maybe he aggravated the area where the puck got him with the slapper.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Preds-bench-January-28-2014-300x200.jpg

Preds audio: Seth Jones, Roman Josi and Colin Wilson. Will have coach Trotz up momentarily.

To listen click here.

We took care of Joshua Copper for you guys.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Real nice win! :handclap:

2 Beautiful goals. I love Seth Jones' reaction when he scores!

Except for a 2 minute span, pretty solid road game played by the whole team. Jets pressed in the third when they were down, but the Preds stayed focused keeping guys to the outside, blocking shots, not allowing many point blank chances and Hutton made some key saves. They worked hard, stayed disciplined.

Love the response after having ANOTHER goal waived off. Just came back and scored another goal.

Hope Weber is OK. Listening to Tom Callahan's show, he said the only thing he's seen about Weber is that it isn't believed to be serious. The game recap says he'll be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Still liking MDZ. Making some real nice passes and finally got rewarded with a point. I think it's good that he played these 4 games on the road getting comfortable with the team instead of starting at home and thinking he has to prove something to the fans/team.

Welcome to the NHL Sissons!! Congrats on his first NHL game and assist!

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So listening to Peterson and Willie on the radio post game last night, they said something I agreed with completely. Wilson, while not producing points yet has looked very comfortable at center. He's not thinking out there but playing hockey. He's being responsible both ways and making plays. He's using his size and playing more physical and with an edge. He's been a center most of his life and he seems a lot more natural out there now, like he knows where he's supposed to be. They said if he keeps doing what he's doing the numbers will follow. I agree with this sentiment. It's the first time I've seen him play center since he's been here, well the last two games anyway, but I think this move should've been done a long time ago. I think they were trying to force a round peg in a square hole by moving him to wing to teach him to play good two way hockey when it appears he may already know how to do it. I hope he keeps it up. They also said he'd get better matchups because he'd be playing against 3rd line competition so that should help his numbers as well.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
So listening to Peterson and Willie on the radio post game last night, they said something I agreed with completely. Wilson, while not producing points yet has looked very comfortable at center. He's not thinking out there but playing hockey. He's being responsible both ways and making plays. He's using his size and playing more physical and with an edge. He's been a center most of his life and he seems a lot more natural out there now, like he knows where he's supposed to be. They said if he keeps doing what he's doing the numbers will follow. I agree with this sentiment. It's the first time I've seen him play center since he's been here, well the last two games anyway, but I think this move should've been done a long time ago. I think they were trying to force a round peg in a square hole by moving him to wing to teach him to play good two way hockey when it appears he may already know how to do it. I hope he keeps it up. They also said he'd get better matchups because he'd be playing against 3rd line competition so that should help his numbers as well.

I agree, its the first time i'v seen him play C as well. I'm sure he's just playing C while Cullen is out, but the optimistic part of me thinks Trotz is running him at C to get him ready to take over Leggy's spot at the deadline.

Also really likeing the Jones/MDZ pair, I'v yet to see any of those costly mistakes the rangers called out MDZ for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad